Author Topic: Striker ICe...WTH????!!!!!  (Read 5386 times)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Striker ICe...WTH????!!!!!
« on: Dec 05, 2017, 07:04 AM »
So a couple weeks ago I ordered the Stiker Ice Havoc Hoodie online from Cabelas. I don't like ordering stuff online, but stopped into Cabelas in Hamburg about a month ago and they had no Striker stuff in the store.

Got the order in the mail last Monday and much to my disappointment, I find the Stiker Ice Riot Hoodie!  ::)  Totally different design, different color................. .not even close!  So I get on the phone to Cabelas and they tell me since this item ships from the vendor, it was Striker Ice that made the mistake. They said they would contact the vendor and get it straightened out. This was Monday evening.

Tuesday I have yet to get a call, so I call them back. Cabelas says Striker was called, but they were waiting to hear back. Wed. I get a call from Cabelas and they say they still have not heard from Striker, they will call or e-mail me when they do. THurs comes and no call or e-mail, so I call back. Cabelas says they have not heard from Striker, so they sent them an e-mail.

Well, as of yesterday I still have no answer. Now I am getting very frustrated, to say the least! One week and Striker cannot even return a phone call or email???!!!  So I asked to speak with a manager at Cabelas last night and was told they would "kick it up" to the higher ups at Cabelas and see if they have more luck.  At this point I am close to just cancelling the order!  >:(

The worst part is, I LOVE my Striker Predator bibs I got last year and the Predator Jacket I got from Dick's a couple weeks ago! I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, being that this is probably a busy time of year for them, but over 1 week with absolutely no contact is ridiculous in my book!  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Striker ICe.........................WTH????!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2017, 07:15 AM »
In this case striker is the vendor for cabelas. Cabelas should pay for you to return it and automatically re order what you ordered, thats customer service. I had a similar problem last year with bass pro and now they own cabelas. I rarely order from them, they hardly ever have the best price on anything. This year so far Dicks has had great deals but you cant beat Amazon as far as customer service. I have prime and get free delivery on most stuff and returning anything is a piece of cake.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2017, 07:16 AM »
Try contacting Striker directly. They normally respond within a day or so in my experience.

Offline BLUJBURD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish...Fish...Fish
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2017, 07:31 AM »
Try contacting Striker directly. They normally respond within a day or so in my experience.

Exactly most of the companies that are in the business to cater to our addiction want to make us happy so we will buy more.
I have a BS in Narrative Fishing History.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2017, 07:35 AM »

Also I have had complete pictures ,descriptions and/or item numbers be totally off base from on line retailers ...could be a keystroke error upon input from Cabelas ordering staff to Striker Ice. I would Email both Striker Ice and Cabelas paper trail ..as well as call and contact them via FB Messaging ..I have had very good luck via FB messages ...very responsive...also try Cabelas live chat ...once again the squeaky wheel

I had a similar problem last year with bass pro and now they own cabelas. I rarely order from them, they hardly ever have the best price on anything. This year so far Dicks has had great deals but you cant beat Amazon as far as customer service. I have prime and get free delivery on most stuff and returning anything is a piece of cake.

BPS and Cabelas hardly any deals and shipping usually kills it if you can find any ...Amazon Deals and good shipping and I have used customer service on items they were quick and fair.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2017, 07:36 AM »
Contact Us

Striker Brands LLC specializes in wholesale distribution of specialty technical wear for outdoors enthusiasts. Most of our product is sold through a network of over 500 dealers and retailers. If your question pertains to an order that was placed with a retailer, PLEASE CONTACT THE RETAILER WITH QUESTIONS. We welcome your questions and input. Feel free to tell us what you think of our products or to send us a photo or two. Please contact us using the form below so that your inquiry gets to the right people.  This is much better than taking a chance on sending an email to our general info address, since inquiries are screened and routed to the right department. Please be aware that our office is EXTREMELY busy during ice fishing season, so delays or extended wait times are to be expected if calling us by telephone. Follow us on Facebook!

Striker Brands LLC
 579 Schommer Drive, Ste B
 Hudson, WI 54016
 Tel 651.788.9858
 Fax 651.448.2218
[email protected]

Guys- that is the most frustrating part! On Thurs last week I got on the Striker Site and found the above info. I did as they instructed and filled out the online form and submitted it. I have yet to hear anything from them!  ::)

Until last week, I was a LOYAL Striker Ice customer, but if I do not hear from them this week, that will no longer be the case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(
Where's the FISH?!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2017, 07:50 AM »
Seems to me its a Cabelas/retailer problem not  Striker Ice problem per se ...Cabelas seems to be giving you lip service as opposed to a solution. Out of curiosity what item did they send you instead of the riot hoodie?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2017, 08:12 AM »

Screw that E-mail crap , I have been stroked so many times from different out fits its a phone call , just last week BP & cabelas , I did the E-mail thing no response, a phone call cleared it all up in two mins 🤪

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2017, 08:23 AM »
Screw that E-mail crap , I have been stroked so many times from different out fits its a phone call , just last week BP & cabelas , I did the E-mail thing no response, a phone call cleared it all up in two mins 🤪

Facebook messages and chat seem to work the fastest for me.

https://cabelas.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

ask for a complete return and then a discount coupon code during your conversation...then just reorder

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2017, 08:27 AM »
I'd call Cabela's , explain the situation again, and tell them you want to return the item and get a refund.  Then I'd go on Striker's Facebook page and raise all hell by posting the problem and emphasize how long you've been trying to get this fixed.  That's TOTAL crap.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2017, 08:34 AM »
Seems to me its a Cabelas/retailer problem not  Striker Ice problem per se ...Cabelas seems to be giving you lip service as opposed to a solution. Out of curiosity what item did they send you instead of the riot hoodie?

The item was shipped directly from the vendor, so it is indeed a STRIKER ICE issue.  And what they sent was the Black and Green RIOT Hoodie. What I ordered was the red and white HAVOC hoodie- totally different design.

I refuse to do anything on Facebook or any other social media.

Will call Striker today. But these phone calls and e-mails are wasting so much of my time!  :(
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2017, 08:39 AM »
or any other social media.

Who's going to tell him?

Good luck RN!!!

I'm not on my book or space face either..

<°)))>{

Offline stout93

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2017, 08:39 AM »
The item was shipped directly from the vendor, so it is indeed a STRIKER ICE issue.  And what they sent was the Black and Green RIOT Hoodie. What I ordered was the red and white HAVOC hoodie- totally different design.

Will call Striker today. But these phone calls and e-mails are wasting so much of my time!  :(

It was ordered from Cabelas. To me, that means it's Cabelas problem. They should be dealing with THEIR vendor, not the one who ordered it.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2017, 08:49 AM »

It was ordered from Cabelas. To me, that means it's Cabelas problem. They should be dealing with THEIR vendor, not the one who ordered it.

try the chat option via Cabelas...they should offer you a return EZPZ..then ask for something for your troubles..Cabelas is the one who can return/refund  .

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2017, 08:59 AM »
wth is going on with Striker and their dealers? First it was GM/Overtons, then I hear the same issues with Dick's customers, now Cabelas?

Something isn't going right with the direct from Mfg ordering.

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2017, 09:00 AM »
Ive had to contact striker on the past, seem to be understaffed. Once I finally got thru they were very helpful and I think they actually thru in a pair of gloves. I would call them direct. I think Malory is the one to talk to.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2017, 09:05 AM »
No FB here either , you only have so many options , if e-mails and FB work that’s great , I’m pretty old school and the phone works just fine , Just maintain low tones , more flies caught with honey than vinegar,
 Rutt I wish you luck

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 05, 2017, 09:29 AM »
I just wanted to chime in here about my experience with Striker. My son got to close to the heater with his Striker jacket last winter and burned a hole in it. I sent it into the company glad to pay the repair (no fault of theirs)and just get it fixed properly and not only did they fix it but decided to warranty it and never even charged me. That’s stellar service in my book. I would say they are extremely busy now and it will take extra time but I would bet they will make it right. Good luck

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 05, 2017, 09:36 AM »
i washed my bibs as instructed a few years back and all the padding dropped to the bottom of those areas all balled up and gross.

i called striker and they picked up right away.  he said that he could do 2 things, have me send them in and repair them, or since they didn't have those in stock anymore, if i paid the difference he would send me the a new pair of the newer better model.  15 bucks to ship or 40 bucks to get a new pair. easy decision.  my wife took the padding out of the older ones and they are now for the fishing boat.   they also sent me a tshirt for my troubles.

Offline BeenShanty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 05, 2017, 09:46 AM »
Looking to get the striker bibs and coat myself and came across this thread.

I work in a field dealing with vendors/returns bla bla -> The mix up is totally Cabella's responsibility.  Properly handled, they should have placed a new order for what you originally intended to purchase and took care of the mix up on the sidelines.  THEN they should have done something to make it worth your while such as; keep the incorrect item you received or issue a Cabellas gift card for all the trouble.

Offline revolutionz

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Striker ICe....WTH????!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 05, 2017, 10:05 AM »
Nothing but praise here too for Striker.  Had an issue with my Climate jacket, some seams were coming apart/general issues.  Shipped me out a new jacket without any hassle.  Didn't want the old one back so I took it to a seamstress and cost about $60 to repair all the issues.  Now use that one for spring/fall fishing.

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 05, 2017, 10:20 AM »
I too have had some minor issues with Striker.  Recently went to order a jacket that was on clearance.  The order page clearly stated free shipping, but Striker's order page wouldn't give me $0.  Contacted Striker and they said there was an error on the page and that free shipping was only for $100 or more.  They never fixed the error.  So, Black Friday rolls around and their website says "Free shipping on all orders".  Again, no free shipping on the clearance jacket.  Striker said website error for second time.  Finally, I got it ordered properly.  Its in transit as I type.

I also own Striker Lake Effect Heat Sink bibs and jacket purchased from Overtons (as well as Transporter bag) and am happy so far with those products, but Striker seems to need to get their act together.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #22 on: Dec 05, 2017, 10:30 AM »
Nothing but praise here too for Striker.  Had an issue with my Climate jacket, some seams were coming apart/general issues.  Shipped me out a new jacket without any hassle.  Didn't want the old one back so I took it to a seamstress and cost about $60 to repair all the issues.  Now use that one for spring/fall fishing.

Me as well. I bought a Hardwater parka from my Gander Mtn, using my employee discount. I parked my car in front of a Taco Bell at 12 noon, got out, got food, came back to the car and my parka was stolen. When I checked my store's inventory (and others close by) nobody had my color or size. So I called Striker and explained my story, hoping to get my discount on a replacement......nope. They sent me a new Climate parka for nothing. Free.

So hang in there, Striker CS will make you whole even if Cabela's wont.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: CABELAS.........................WTH????!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 05, 2017, 10:51 AM »
Maybe the OP should change the Subject on this post. to CABELAS.........................WTH????!!!!!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 05, 2017, 11:50 AM »
Ive had to contact striker on the past, seem to be understaffed. Once I finally got thru they were very helpful and I think they actually thru in a pair of gloves. I would call them direct. I think Malory is the one to talk to.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!  I tried CALLING Striker 30 min ago. Got MALORY's voicemail. Left a message............... ...................... we'll see how long it takes. BUT, how is it that there is only ONE person for customer service????????????????  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: CABELAS.........................WTH????!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: Dec 05, 2017, 11:59 AM »
Maybe the OP should change the Subject on this post. to CABELAS.........................WTH????!!!!!

I'm on the phone now with Cabelas as I type this. They sent another e-mail to Striker this morning and have heard nothing. So that is 2 calls and 2 emails to STRIKER since last week and no response. Just got word that the person at Cabela's that deals with the vendors is on the case now. He authorized them to re-order the hoodie and I should have it in 4-7 business days. We'll see what happens!  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #26 on: Dec 05, 2017, 11:59 AM »
I was finally saying I am getting myself a striker suite for xmas...Looks like i might have to wait to find one, never mind at a discount

Offline BeenShanty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 05, 2017, 12:22 PM »
Dude.  You're wasting your time with Cabela's they don't keep any sort of log of anything you verbalize with them - it maybe hits a sticky note but otherwise is memory - "oops yeah I deal with so many customers I forgot" or some other jargon excuse.  My latest hassles with them is calling to confirm my fishing reel had arrived and that i'd be driving an hour with the invoice to pick up.  Upon arrival nobody could find my order and all they could say is it had been "misplaced" while someone pretended to disappear and come back 10 minutes later and tell me "yeah, it's still not there".  My tracking proved it was onsite however the guy I spoke with on the phone was no longer present.  The store closed before they could find my reel and I was forced out empty handed.  I called in, in advance the next day to find they had located it and it was "set aside for me yesterday".  The individual I spoke with on the phone was present and made a huge scene about how he had set it right at the service desk.  Of course they refused to cover my travel :) and stood arguing that it was and was not at the service desk the day before.  My final attempt on shopping here was this past fall when I walked in with $500 cash determined to grab a pair of waders for duck hunting.  To my surprise they had ONLY 2 different cammo waders to choose from.. duck opener a couple weeks away.  Neither of them fit well as they only carried stout, leaving the crotch way too high and the legs all bunched up.  The salesperson literally told me he'd look elsewhere for duck hunting waders as they won't be getting anything additional ahead of duck season.  What a joke!  I'm sorry you're dealing with them.  I have 3 of their stores within an hour from me and each one, a different story of how they rubbed me the wrong way.  Have always given them a fair chance.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Striker ICe WTH????!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: Dec 05, 2017, 02:24 PM »
Sorry to hear of your troubles with Cabelas, but they apparently DO keep track of customer complaints now. Each time I called them I would get a different person, and they would look up info on their computer and would know what days that Striker was contacted. They would have no way to know this if it wasn;t documented in their system.

I'm not saying that their(*Cabelas) customer service was the greatest, since each time I called them I was told I would be called back with an answer and other than the initial callback last week(Tues?), that didn't happen. The lady I spoke to today said they didn't call because there was nothing to report because Striker Ice was not responding. I pointed out that they could have called to tell me that!  ::)

Apparently there is an issue with Striker Ice getting back to the retailers when there is a problem............... ...................... ...
Where's the FISH?!

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Striker ICe...WTH????!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: Dec 05, 2017, 03:55 PM »
Rutt, that’s what I said, I think they are overwhelmed this time of year. Need more help there, it was a couple years ago for me. I thought maybe it was better by know. I think the problem is them being at the St. Paul ice show left that shop empty?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.