The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New MN Members Check in Here!  (Read 174444 times)

Offline woodyth

• IceShanty Rookie
  • IS there ICE YET!
Re: New MN Members Check in Here!
« Reply #600 on: Nov 10, 2013, 06:54 PM »
Added~

Anyone here participate in the Brainerd Fishing tourney?
Firemen do it best!
IX-XI-MMI NEVER FORGET!!!

PS3: WOODYTH:bang:

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
« Reply #601 on: Nov 11, 2013, 09:31 PM »
i will be going again. i used to only fish the fishapalooza but that shut down due to lack of funds.. so i went the the Extravaganza last year and showed up 4 days early with my group to explore the lake and get clues on what the fish were reacting to. i got 28th place and won a new marcum lx3!  ;D i will be doing the same thing this year, but this time we will have PIE! lol

Offline Hiatt71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #602 on: Nov 13, 2013, 06:55 PM »
Name is Neil, I am a rookie at ice fishing and I will be fishing forest lake and bald eagle along with Mille lacs

servocam

« Reply #603 on: Nov 16, 2013, 07:54 PM »
Welcome aboard to IS.  Maybe I'll run in to you on FLake.  You going to the Gander Mtn First Ice Expo on the 23rd in FLake?

Offline jhoff88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #604 on: Nov 17, 2013, 11:23 AM »
Hey guys I'm new to the forum this year, I am in the Hutchinson area.

Offline Fishin_momma_34

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #605 on: Nov 19, 2013, 02:49 PM »
Stina, Probably one very few of the lady folk on here. I'm from waconia, Getting REAL excited to see some real thin ice form on the edges of the lake the last few days. I usually fish Waconia, although ALWAYS get skunked....but i cant help it. Its in my blood.  ;D

servocam

« Reply #606 on: Nov 20, 2013, 10:44 PM »
Stina, they are in there somewhere!  I was looking at this lake as my daughter just had a gymnastics comp there this last weekend.

Dnr Lake Report:  http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/showreport.html?downum=10005900
DNR Lake Map:  http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/data/lakemaps/b0226010.pdf

Offline mabagan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #607 on: Nov 26, 2013, 08:38 PM »
Hello all!
My name is Mike and I am new to the forum, been poking around for the last few days
And figured why not join. Have ice fished on and off sense I was 10, but more so now as an adult.
Mainly fish wbl, bald eagle and lake jane.

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #608 on: Nov 28, 2013, 08:20 AM »
I've been a member for awhile now, but it's been close to two years since I've been on...thought I'd re-introduce myself.  I live in the west metro and mainly fish Wright county, get up to Grand Rapids area or the pond once in a great while. We've got walkable ice for some individuals who just can't wait, but another week for me so I'm pretty excited. Next weeks the Ice show and I'll be there, perhaps I'll see a few of you too.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #609 on: Nov 28, 2013, 09:51 AM »
Welcome! Good luck this winter.

WS

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #610 on: Dec 01, 2013, 01:12 PM »
I've been a member for awhile now, but it's been close to two years since I've been on...thought I'd re-introduce myself.  I live in the west metro and mainly fish Wright county, get up to Grand Rapids area or the pond once in a great while. We've got walkable ice for some individuals who just can't wait, but another week for me so I'm pretty excited. Next weeks the Ice show and I'll be there, perhaps I'll see a few of you too.

you going to the st paul show? i see a few little ponds and small lakes around the cities but have never fished any of them and wouldnt know where to start, but hitting the ice would be nice right after the show!

Offline CrappieJ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #611 on: Dec 02, 2013, 07:01 PM »
Hello,
My name is Justin, I am from Minneapolis. I have lived and fished in Minnesota for a while but this will be my first year ice fishing. I will be starting off on the chain of lakes here in Minneapolis, hopefully gaining skills and heading to bigger lakes further north in the not too distant future. Can't wait to get started, I have put off ice fishing for way too long.

Offline isantifisherman123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #612 on: Dec 02, 2013, 09:30 PM »
hi I'm Andrew I'm 15 I love to go ice fishing want to get into spearing and I've been on the ice since I was 1 ;D

Offline Woodshome

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #613 on: Dec 02, 2013, 10:43 PM »
Hi, my name is Gene. I am from the southern metro area. I fish way up north near Winni. Been doing ice fishing for years, just not nearly enough.

Offline ROOOSTERFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #614 on: Dec 07, 2013, 04:12 PM »
Hi my name is Daryl ( aka Rooster) live in Chaska been fishing since I was a youngster. My dad ( rest his soul) has taught me everything I know about fishing.  From the Love of the sport to sharing it with my kids like he did with me.
I found out about your site via Frabill on FB and looking forward to sharing and learning more knowledge from the forums. Can't believe I haven't heard about this site . Like what I have seen so far.
FISHING Serenity Prayer
God grant me the SERENITY to accept the size of the fish I catch, the COURAGE not to fib about it, and the WISDOM to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline Minn2Mont

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #615 on: Dec 07, 2013, 09:07 PM »
Hey Folks,
I will be fishing the north western part of the state....yes there is life up here! I'm wondering if anyone else if from this area and what are some good lakes to go to? I am new to the area (Grand Forks, ND, East Grand Forks, MN).

Offline J_Snow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #616 on: Dec 08, 2013, 07:44 PM »
Previous member, back to start my five again. Hail from the finger lake region of NY. Recently moved, looking for better fish in the Rochester area.

Offline getNjiggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #617 on: Dec 09, 2013, 02:38 PM »
Hey, I've been browsing the forum for a while now but never made a profile.  I'm Jason and live in the west metro area.  I make it out a few nights a week and quite a few weekends.  During the week I tend to stick to lakes within 20-30 minutes of the west metro area.  If I head out during weekends I like to hit some larger lakes and try some different spots.  My fishing buddy moved back to SD and took his auger and shack with him so I went out and purchased a bunch of new toys to use this winter!  Anyone know how thick the ice is in the metro area now?

Offline therealgrantb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #618 on: Dec 09, 2013, 03:16 PM »
Hey guys. I'm grant. Really enjoy the sled mod page, I've done my own and will post pics soon. I fish the metro area, close to Roseville. Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #619 on: Dec 11, 2013, 11:41 PM »
Previous member, back to start my five again. Hail from the finger lake region of NY. Recently moved, looking for better fish in the Rochester area.

not any trophies around here in roch but there are lots of places to go out and get some bucket time...

Offline andydodgegeek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #620 on: Dec 13, 2013, 04:33 PM »
Hi I'm Andy and live up in Harris. I am a northern fisherman year round. I really enjoy using tip ups. I fish on fish lake, horseshoe lake, rush lake, cross and pokegama lakes ul in Pine City, and have been out on goose a few times. Thinking about trying east rush tomorrow. Any other diehard northern guys close by me?

Offline Antwerpen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #621 on: Dec 14, 2013, 09:59 AM »
Hi,
I'm Bill.  I live in Baytown Township so hit the eastern MN lakes from Mille Lacs to Lake Elmo and I'll try the St. Croix at times when the ice is OK.   I'm really enjoying this site.

Offline toxmagic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #622 on: Dec 24, 2013, 02:32 AM »
Im Gregg..been hard water fishing all my life.....Mostly gators in northern mn and crappies in the metro...would apppretiate any info on ne metro crappie fishing anyone has to offer.....would also like to try eyes on rush...

Offline frogwizard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #623 on: Dec 26, 2013, 09:35 PM »
I am Cory. From Waseca, and I have been fishing all my life but lots more hard water fishing last few years. Fish panfish and walleye. "Whatever is biting".

Offline ElectraGlider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #624 on: Dec 31, 2013, 06:09 AM »
Hello, I'm Waylon and I'm from southwest Minnesota. I'm pretty new to Ice fishing, it's only my second year.   I'm still learning the ins and outs of the sport but am really enjoying my time on the ice.
Thanks for all of the great information on this site!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #625 on: Jan 02, 2014, 05:15 PM »
Howdy Newbies!

Anyone dropped an arm or leg off in this cold yet?

Offline duckace

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Activist of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #626 on: Jan 06, 2014, 12:21 PM »
My name is Adam! I dont live in MN, I actually live in SD. My family has been coming up to the Ottertail Lake for around 50 years to open water fish! We plan to make it up there this winter to hit the ice! I have only been 'ice' fishing once. We have everything we need now and plan to start really soon around where I live!
Activist of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline MobyBurbot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #627 on: Jan 06, 2014, 04:20 PM »
Hey there,

First time posting. Pretty new to this.

I've fished with my grandpa up at Mille Lacs the past few winters, and just inherited the fish house from him last year when he passed away. Amazing guy. I'm proud to carry on the tradition in the house he built, although it could use some work (pic of him and the house below). Never hardwater fished outside the shelter but I'd love to learn. Wife and I are buying a home in Minneapolis close to Hiawatha and Nokomis, so looking forward to give them a shot. Have some family on Minnetonka too.

Thanks for all the info so far! Best to all.

Offline Twinsfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #628 on: Jan 26, 2014, 10:23 PM »
Hi all! I'm new to this site but not new to ice fishing! I am from the south metro area and spend a lot of time fishing the local lakes there!

Offline twincities86

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Yea buddy
« Reply #629 on: Feb 05, 2014, 10:26 PM »
Welcome twinsfan. All your questions can be answered here. Have fun
KCCO

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.