The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Jiffy auger questions  (Read 1757 times)

Offline MontanaIcer

• IceShanty Rookie
Jiffy auger questions
« on: Feb 03, 2006, 02:56 PM »
I got a new Jiffy Stealth STX 2 HP 9" auger last friday and the yellow decals that spiral up the auger is peeling off. Does it serve a purpose or is it just for show?

Also, with it being a new auger, i'm only going about half throttle with it to try to break it in before I give it full throttle, but it gets bogged down alot and the auger stops turning requiring me to lift it up a bit. Will it be better once I give it full throttle?

Thanks

Offline cstolp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Jiffy auger questions
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2006, 06:08 PM »
The stickers serve no purpose.  It does not take long to break a two stroke in.  If you put too much down pressure on the auger it will bind up especially just before breaking through to the water.  As you mentioned just lift a little and finish your hole.  I don't think you need to worry too much about break in.  Check your owners manual to be sure but my auger is 6 years old and I never babied it from day one.
Cheese Head

Offline red_eyes

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FLAGG!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2006, 09:08 PM »
its funny... sometimes out fishing I see these guys lug out big 3hp jiffy's, dont give em time to warm up, and put all their weight on it to cut through, yet to only see their auger bog and die then you seen em pulling it time after time and it dont wanna run or it takes em a while to get a hole drilled. while Im out there with my little 2hp jiffy give er a min to warm up and get my 5 holes drilled in less time it takes them to get one hole.
Pain is temporary, trophies last forever

Offline Nessmuk1965

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2006, 04:22 PM »
I was a little worried heading out today to use my new 3 hp Jiffy Stealth auger for the first time (Gander Mountain...$100 bucks off...could not resist!) after reading all the horror stories everyone has been having with this model out of the box.  I am happy to report absolutely NO problems with starting it, or running it and was very pleased with its cutting performance.  I guess I just got lucky!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.