Author Topic: Shimano Symetre  (Read 1954 times)

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
Shimano Symetre
« on: Apr 10, 2019, 08:38 PM »
Does anyone know why Shimano quit making these spinning reels? I have a few and love them.  Also what is there new equivalent to this reel?

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Shimano Symetre
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2019, 08:47 PM »
i have one too i agree. try ebay.

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2019, 09:48 PM »
I have 6 in assorted sizes and like them alot...smooth as silk for as long as Ive had them.  Sweet setup in the smaller sizes the custom pan rods I have but I also really like the 2 larger Syms on my Laker setups.  My guess is they plan on bumping up the price on the Sedona into the price point the Symetre used to fill and come out with something similar to the Symetre but rebranded and priced $125 or so.  I have a bunch of the Sienna's and they are a very good but not in the same class.  Haven't quite talked myself into Stradic at least not yet. 

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2019, 05:22 AM »
Does anyone know why Shimano quit making these spinning reels? I have a few and love them.  Also what is there new equivalent to this reel?

The Symetre was replaced by the Nasci in Shimano's lineup as the Ultegra replaced the Saros.  A couple of years ago, the Symetre 500 Clam Packs fell to $51.77 on Amazon and I picked up four of them.  They went off the market shortly thereafter.

http://fish.shimano.com/content/fish/northamerica/us/en/homepage/Shimano_Product_Page.P-NASCI.html

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2019, 12:57 AM »
The Symetre was typically a one bearing upgrade from the Sahara with a few parts difference.  The most comparable replacement is the Nasci line up.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.