Author Topic: Age  (Read 4040 times)

Offline Fisherben

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Age
« Reply #31 on: Mar 17, 2019, 07:55 PM »
Dad started me when I was a year and a half old. Haven't stopped since. I'm 43 now and miss fishing with my dad

Offline Scheu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 18, 2019, 07:36 PM »
This is one of the best posts that I have read this year. Started ice fishing when I was 46. Got talked into it by a buddy of mine. We fished on Super Bowl Sunday 2013 and caught a whole bunch of 7" and 8" perch. We had to hand drill about 20 holes, with a Mora auger, to find the right depth and the perch. Good cardio workout. 1st minnow on a moon jig to hit the bottom was an instant bite. They weren't big fillets but they were tasty. Had a great time. Been addicted ever since.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Mar 18, 2019, 07:50 PM »
DONT REMEMBER, MANY, MANY MOONS AGO.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Mar 21, 2019, 03:40 PM »
I believe we are all about 10 years younger or even possibly more than people of the same age a couple of generations ago if we stay away from the cigarettes and keep our weight down. Cigarettes shortened a lot of life spans for our forefathers when they were so accepted that they even issued them in the military.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #35 on: Mar 22, 2019, 03:09 AM »
I seen youngsters and oldsters out on the ice this year.  maybe 5-6 to I bet 80s.  I don't know if I want to live to 80 but if I do I wana be able to ice fish!  probably have roomy "hover atmospheres" to ice fish from by then. lol
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #36 on: Mar 22, 2019, 05:28 AM »
This is one of the best posts that I have read this year.
I AGREE 100%
So awesome to see how long guys have been on the ice! I absolutely love seeing some "old timers" out fishing.. either on the ice or on the soft water!! I have a couple older fellas I've taken out a few different times that JUST WANT TO CATCH FISH!!! So neat to hear stories that they have to tell and very gratifying for me to see their smile when they have "the best day fishing ever" on my boat!!!!!
I hope that I an able to be sinking lures when I'm 80!!!!!!!!! Kuddos to you fellas and keep living the dream!
Myself.. I'm 43.. got on the ice when I was 5.. I really found the passion for ice in my mid 20's... been hammering it since..
Been fishing since I was just a little tike.. had a pole in my hand at the age of 4 and never lost the love.. actually my passion has intensified over the years
Just had this tshirt made for me last week

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.