Offline AkDan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« on: Jan 27, 2006, 09:29 PM »

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
Re: draw results
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2006, 11:54 PM »
I do Dan, but didn't apply for anything this year. :-\  May regret it!  Thinking about chasing bear with a little fishing this spring.... Valdez area maybe.
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2006, 12:18 AM »
Sorry Dan,  Did you get lucky enough to pull a buff tag? :D  That's what I want for Xmas!  Sorry mutton chasers, you all can have those stinky dall sheep, (although the mount is sure pretty.)  I'll take a big buffalo steak with onions and mushrooms. ;)
TEAM ALASKA

Offline The Common Man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2006, 02:04 PM »
Yet again I drew nothing.  My sour-grapes mentality says that the system doesn't work.  But...what are ya gonna do?

Hey AkDan:  Nice work on the Chugach any sheep.  You should be able to fill that and see some nice country while doing it.  Where in Mn do you hunt turkeys?  My Dad has a cabin just south of Superior in Wi and he said there are turkeys around his place now.  Unbelievable.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2006, 02:52 PM »
Congrats on the draws Dan!  Sounds like a couple good hunts ahead for ya.  Yeah I have eaten several dall sheep.  I just can't get that taste out of my mouth.  Just to much like bad lamb for me.  I'd trimmed them clean of fat, grilled, burger, etc... but no luck with that "stick to the roof of your mouth" taste.  Some folks love sheep!  I'd probably like it if my taste buds were dulled with alcohol eh!  I'm off my rocker huh? 
Anyways, your hunt on Kodiak sound like a BLAST!  Always wanted to chase goats, the challenge alone sounds like fun.  Next year maybe.... I'm still working on this years moose. 
Good luck with your hunts! and post some pics. ;) -Barleydog 
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Redneck5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2006, 12:16 AM »
I put in for Sheep in tok and goats down by Homer and got nothing. I guess I used up all my luck with the tag for moose north of cold foot. Time to plan a bow hunt for turkey in Ma and spring grizz hunt somewhere in this great state. Still debating on what to use for grizz, bow or 300 ???

Offline chef viktor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2006, 09:34 PM »
I have a bad attitude towrds the permit hunts. I think the entire system bites. I have been here for 23 years and still tryiing for my sheep tag! They need to give preferance points. For thos that got one ongradulations. I was so pissed off i went and started working out on the tread mill just for the sake of doing it. I wanted to be able to tape the permit to the front of the machine as a motivating device, but no i did not get one so i will do what else works and that is to run with a cold beer in the water holder of the tread mill. When i am done running i get to drink it! Hey what ever works to keep this 40 somthing body going! Chef

Offline charholio

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2006, 04:06 AM »
I'm disappointed in the drawing too.  I applied for six different party hunts (3 goat, 3 sheep) and drew nothing.  Waste of $60.  Better luck next year I guess.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.