Author Topic: Whitney lake  (Read 2652 times)

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
Whitney lake
« on: Nov 28, 2018, 04:51 PM »
Would anybody be so kind to give me some basic information about Whitney lake, I think I’m gonna take my 12-year-old son there to fish in a tournament in January and I really can’t find a lot of information out about it.  And if anybody has fished it very much what method, Lures, Main area of the lake that we should fish?   Thanks in advance.

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Whitney lake
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2018, 08:11 PM »
Please don’t everyone speak up at once!!😝😝😝

Offline marknpanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2018, 08:38 AM »
 It doesn't have much structure. I can't help you because I fished several times and Whitney has opened a big ole can of whip a$# on me. I personal don't care for the lake.

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2018, 01:36 PM »
😂.  Thanks for at least posted something, I saw the ice fishing tournament on Facebook and since I have family out that way And can stay somewhere for free, I thought I’d give it a shot. It sure does have a heck of a lot  of nice prizes, especially for a tournament in Nebraska!  It sounds like then I will probably have to fish it like the deep basins up in the Dakotas.  Thanks

Offline marknpanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2018, 06:16 PM »
I have seen mythical pictures of nice fish caught out of there. It still might be a fun tournament.

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2018, 06:22 PM »
😂

Offline doolittle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2018, 06:00 PM »
whitney can be worthless today and unbelievable tomorrow. have only ice fished it probably half dozen times, a few dink crappies a couple small walleyes. it is pretty much just a bowl ,not much over 8-10 ft , there is a deeper hole on the first lake. have seen nice walleyes and crappie caught. know a guy who fishes it and does really well all year round.

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2018, 09:02 PM »
Thanks Doolittle.

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2018, 09:18 PM »
Crappies are another panfish that can be found in abundance throughout Nebraska, with anglers always on the look for waters that will produce fish larger than 10 inches. There will be numerous places in 2018 that will offer some very good crappie fishing, with Sherman, Davis Creek, Wanahoo, Branched Oak, Wildwood, and Whitney reservoirs heading the list.
- 2018 NGPC Fishing Forecast

Or how about this from the NGPC-- Panhandle Passages: What's Up at Whitney? http://magazine.outdoornebraska.gov/2013/06/panhandle-passages-whitney/

Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2018, 10:15 PM »
Good read, thank you.

Offline Fred Z

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2018, 07:58 PM »
 No fish in here boys 😎
I fish with a bunch of Ice Holes !

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2019, 07:39 AM »
Anyone know  hello ice conditions are looking for the fishing tournament?

Offline Copenhagen Joe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2019, 08:27 AM »
Please don’t everyone speak up at once!!😝😝😝
im new to the area so I don’t know anything. I was thinking of going up there Saturday to try my hand at it and was going to post the same question
“There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing” dad

Offline sam brodrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2019, 03:41 PM »
whitney is a bit of a jerk,if a lake can be a jerk lol. biggest fish of my life(42"pike) out of there,but i have been skunked there at least once for every inch of that fish. the ice torney is awesome,and the prizes are off the hook. if ice holds i cant recomend enough. scott gooder puts it on just to raise a little scratch to improve the acces there. walley,crappie,pike,white bass,and cats can be had if your lucky. seems to be a featureless mud bowl that desperately needs dredged. try to find any sort of transition from weeds to mud or rock to mud,if you find a spot let me know ive been looking for the last 25 years.
I hate not fishing

Offline doolittle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2019, 07:43 PM »
went up 1-5=19, didn't get to early of a start 10ish , had a 25" walleye 2 -11"crappie fished till 4 pm. when we left some were just showing up if that means anything, ice was maybe 6"where we set up looked like it had water on top of ice around the  trees by shore.

Offline Fred Z

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2019, 08:33 PM »
Sounds like the Tourney has been cancelled, prize drawing and feed is still on , ice safety the reason .
I fish with a bunch of Ice Holes !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.