Author Topic: Wamplers lake Trap Attack  (Read 1610 times)

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
Wamplers lake Trap Attack
« on: Jan 12, 2004, 09:32 AM »
Any you  guy's who made it to the Trap Attack I hope you had a good time I know I did! A big thanks to Paul Fabian the Ice Team, Knutsons Sporting Goods,and Jerry's Pub for putting on a great contest!  And thanks to MICHIGANDER(DAVE HUNT) for all his organizing contrabutions.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

MUSKY 2004

Re:Wamplers lake Trap Attack
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2004, 05:25 PM »
 ;)

Offline Bob_G

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • crappie nut
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2004, 06:18 PM »
 Fish Daddy, I agree. Paul and knutson's did one heck of a job. That was very generous of knutson's to pay out for positions 11 thru 25. I did not get to meet michigander but, I did speak with him briefly on the cell phone.
 Where did you finish? we did not do as well as I had expected. We finished 58 we made a critcal error when we moved had we not we probably would have finished higher. Part of the learning I guess. Those redears are something else. Aside from steelhead I don't think I know of another fish that is as picky as they are.lol

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2004, 10:24 AM »
Bob G : My partner and I placed 1st!    Wamplers Lake can be very cruel!  I've been fishing it for 5 years now and believe me I've many more bed days then good. The day before the contest was great I caught more fish than I've ever caught on that lake. The day of the contest I didn't see a fish over 3" for the first 3 hours!

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2004, 12:17 PM »
Way to go Fishdaddy!
Congratulations.
FTD

Offline Bob_G

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • crappie nut
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2004, 02:18 PM »
 Fishdaddy, congratulations on your win. This was my first trap and trip to michingan. My partner and I are hooked on the traps and the redears at wamplers. I had a great time learning, our best day fishing was friday, that was when we found the weed bed that was holding the fish.
 Good Luck in the championship!!! next year I hope to give you a run for your money lol. I may try and make it to the championship just to watch and maybe help out a little. I do however plan to hit three traps next year and hopefully my partner and I can make it to the championship.
 By the way, that was a heck of a bluegill you guys got.

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2004, 09:27 AM »
Thanks guys! We had a blast! Those weed beds are the key on Wamplers. That and a good dose of fishermans luck! As we told any one who asked the day of the contest it was Tony-on-Ice's 3 dot glow jig that took the biggest share of the fish. Those things always seam to work and anywhere too!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.