Author Topic: Last Hurrah!! 4/14  (Read 2420 times)

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Last Hurrah!! 4/14
« on: Apr 16, 2023, 10:28 AM »
Well, I think this is officially the latest I have ice fished. Picked up Brandon (SoxFan) on Friday & we headed to Dillon. I've never caught an Artic Char, wanted to give it a try. Went out from the marina and had a great day! We caught 5 different species (rainbow, brown, Koke, Artic Char, and suckers :-). Nothing huge, but the Brown was probably 17-18 & the best fight. I caught all of my fish on a small orange jig/ tipped with a piece of crawler. (Brown trout/ tipped with sucker meat).  Caught all 5 species out of the same holes! Weather was surprisingly great! Left @ 2:00, was a super fun day!

1st ever Char!

Solid Brown trout

Silver Koke :-)

Offline Shoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Last Hurrah!! 4/14
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2023, 08:37 AM »
Nice to see you pictured with small fish.   ;D  I went yesterday and found the edges too thin at one spot but found a N Park lake with decent ice (two layers - bottom one rotten and 12").  Got some bow bows.  It is very late for sure.

s

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Last Hurrah!! 4/14
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2023, 10:05 AM »
Yeah, I fished Granby last Wednesday. Easy getting on, but by noon it was 3 inches or so of slush/water on top. I put the ice rods away over the weekend, so I wouldn't be tempted anymore  ;D

fished the spillway with the long rod, from 1:00 - 5:00. Great afternoon, lots of real nice Browns.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.