The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Remi's Forst Ice Fishing Trip  (Read 1465 times)

Offline darby74

• Team IceShanty Regular
Remi's Forst Ice Fishing Trip
« on: Mar 12, 2023, 08:07 AM »
Well, our dog (rescue from Alabama) had her first real ice fishing trip this weekend.  Just me, wife and daughter came up Friday.  Had time to put out some cusk traps.  Checked them 3 times, and surprisingly only landed 1 cusk. 

Saturday, setting up my daughter managed a decent 1.98lb salmon.  Setting her next trap, went to put the trap down, and got "flag slapped" in the face.  Remi was the only one there to......help🤔 

Decent day, considering we only fished from 9am to 3:30.  Landed 9 salmon,  and probably missed another 8 or 9.  Coming back every weekend u til the ice is gone.  We had anywhere from 15"-11" so hopefully 2 more weekends

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
Re: Remi's Forst Ice Fishing Trip
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2023, 09:34 AM »
Not a bad trip!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2023, 09:36 AM »
Great job and nice looking pup..👍👍
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2023, 10:12 AM »
Nice catch and and great to hear you did a canine rescue.  What a handsome pooch!  I'd love to have a sheperd like that one day.

Offline darby74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2023, 06:13 PM »
We lost our our second Red Fox Lab/Golden Retriever (sisters from same litter) in January,  and were going to take at least a year break.  First of April, my wife comes to me with "Pure bread German Shepherd,  elderly owner passed." Guy running rescue was an MP Canine trainer in the marines for 25 years.  "This dog is very special, please complete adoption questions, including the name of a Vet you have used recently,  new dog owners don't apply.  Adoption cost is $500, and that includes the transport from Alabama."    I agreed, cause what are the freakin chances we'll get selected🤷‍♂️. 9 days later, we got "the call"  She is amazing, and would probably score a 1400 on her SAT's. Buying an ocean boat this week, and will post that offshore Remi adventures on the open water site....I'll never do Facebook

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2023, 06:20 PM »
Great first fishing trip. Hopefully many more to come. Wonderful story about how Remi became part of your family.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.