Author Topic: Flx 20or marcum m5l?  (Read 2950 times)

Offline BRsnow

• IceShanty Rookie
Flx 20or marcum m5l?
« on: Feb 25, 2023, 09:44 PM »
Really good sales right now, marcum is $50 less with rebates. I like the features of marcum more, just not familiar with the brand. Any sights would be great. Thanks.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Flx 20or marcum m5l?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2023, 05:19 AM »
 Check out scheels marcum 5 , $399.00 not sure of shipping , I had vexs for years with no complaints,, if I was going back to a flasher it would most likely go with the 5
 Lots of reviews out there
 Lots of sales will be popping up as many areas had shorter seasons

Offline BRsnow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2023, 08:46 AM »
Check out scheels marcum 5 , $399.00 not sure of shipping , I had vexs for years with no complaints,, if I was going back to a flasher it would most likely go with the 5
 Lots of reviews out there
 Lots of sales will be popping up as many areas had shorter seasons

Thanks locally I get get the 5L for $420 after rebate. Seems like a good deal as well.

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2023, 04:44 PM »
I have an LX5,6,&7. My 5 has been back for motor replacement several times. I would not recommend a Marcum mechanical flasher to anyone. My uncle has an M5 and has had to send his back a few times for motor replacement as well.
I would go Vexilar if I was buying a mechanical flasher again.

Offline GP

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2023, 10:12 AM »
I bought a M5, 3 years ago when they were clearing out the SLA models  and got it for a good price. I have been pretty rough with it, but it has worked flawlessly. I don’t think you would be disappointed if you decide to pick up this one or any M series flasher.

Offline fishingeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2023, 04:52 AM »
If you plan to fish in deeper water I'd get the M5 for the dual beam transducer alone. Switch from an 8 degree to 20 degree cone instantly. Very useful when you're fishing from shallow to deep water. It also helps with decluttering when you're on top of a school of fish.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2023, 08:58 AM »
based on reliability....Vexilar .

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2023, 09:40 AM »
based on reliability....Vexilar .
yup.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 2023, 03:26 PM »
You know what they say about opinions…I have had a M5 for several years now with nary an issue. I especially like the dual transducer, and the versatility. Both Vexilar and Marcum have their place, and are both good units. It’s all about personal preference.
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #9 on: Mar 21, 2023, 03:29 PM »
Have two different Vexilars and an MX7. I know which one is prettier and its definitely not the one that's the most reliable.

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2023, 08:14 AM »
I know this post is older but I own a handful of flashers including the vex flx20 and the marcum lx5i.  Both outstanding flashers.  I would say as far as performance and options I would give the edge to marcum but I too already had to replace a transducer on the marcum along with having the motor replaced.  Since having the motor replaced I still have notice from time to time some bottom bouncing going on which makes me believe the motors aren’t that reliable which is a shame.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.