Author Topic: Eskimo Escape 2800 Flip shelters?  (Read 2357 times)

Offline KLIKBANGTHUD

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo Escape 2800 Flip shelters?
« on: Feb 21, 2023, 10:09 PM »
Anyone out there in hard water land using the Eskimo Escape 2800 flip shelter? I am thinking about picking one up for next season. Unfortunately, no one in my area has any on display. How has yours held up? What do you love / hate about yours? Would you buy it again or go with another brand? Any suggested mods right out of the box?
I am looking for an insulated unit that I can easily stand up in without hitting my head on the roof. I am 6' tall and am thinking of using this for some overnighters as well as day trips. Pulling with an atv & tow bar, so weight isn't a real issue. Hyfax runners will be going on before I even assemble the frame. Thanks for any suggestions!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Eskimo Escape 2800 Flip shelters?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2023, 06:14 AM »
My buddy has the 2600 that I helped him assemble and have been out in it several times. Lots of room I can stand up in it at 5'10"...with room to spare ....seats are very comfortable ..Follow the instruction on getting the tent to properly fit using the bars. The tub is thick and heavy ...using an ATV to tote this thing is recommended. I have and Eskimo Sierra that I love for its size and weight. The 2800 being a tad bigger in all directions should be even better.

As far as accessories ...some 10 Ft color Power Practical USB/LED lights...an Otter SideKick console atop a 5 gallon bucket and the Otter Rod holders will get you a lot of needed comfort. The cover for the 2800 is no joke that thing is nice  and another great option.

You should add your location to your profile ...may be deal near by

This may be a good deal for you

https://www.scheels.com/p/eskimo-eskape-2800-flip-over-ice-shelter/01264202278.html
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline KLIKBANGTHUD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2023, 10:29 AM »
Thanks Hardwater! Being in Montana, we do have Scheels, but when I went to one in person & looked at shacks earlier in the year, I was told that store didn't have the shelter i was looking for, & that they won't acquire shacks from other stores in general. And if they were able to I would have to pay an additional $200 just to have it transfered to my local (100 miles away) Scheels.

I get the fact that flip shelters and shelters in general when set up, take up alot of retail real estate. But when plopping down around a grand for a shelter, I really want to sit in one and check it out. Definitely don't want to order one to get it delivered and then not be satisfied with it. Choices out here are very limited.

Led lights, rod holders, cover, and hyfax are must haves for sure. I will probably convert my current Otter tow hitch onto whatever shelter I end up with. I like the Otter console, but am thinking of making a custom console with some plywood so I can add on some conveniences. Thinking cup holders, forcep holder, swiveling rod holder, bin or two for general catch all, cell phone holder, down light for tub, USB charger, and a UV LED cup for charging glow lures.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2023, 11:27 AM »
Looks like Scheels has free shipping on that shelter also Amazon has it as well .I run my LEDs with a knock off power source for my M18 and M12 batteries . We were able to fish 3 in my buddies 2800 ..two in the versa seat and one in a camping camping chair in the front left corner ..even had a Portable buddy heater in between us . If you have a Scheels near by ...they do have a liberal return policy ... just double check if you can return to the store near by ... that would be my choice ...and they price match .

https://www.amazon.com/Eskimo-Insulated-Fishing-Side-Door-Shelter/dp/B08DR6D1YD

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DX8FH47/ref=twister_B07VX849KM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline KLIKBANGTHUD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2023, 09:56 PM »
I pulled the pin on the Eskimo 2800. That price was too good to pass up and once I looked into it, Scheels would ship it for free at this time. Should be here in a couple weeks and then we will see how tickled with it I will be. Thanks for the insight and the tip on the current sale price Hardwater!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.