Author Topic: Lx5i  (Read 946 times)

Offline Familyfishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " it's all good"
Lx5i
« on: Feb 12, 2023, 05:00 PM »
So I have marcum lx5i went to use it and it turns on !!!! Put ducer in water and does not read just has red marks!! Tried lifting jig messing with the dials and nothing!!! Any thoughts of what mite have happened or could b wrong!! Thanks in advance !!!, fish-on!!!!!

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lx5i
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2023, 05:51 PM »
Obviously check the connection to the unit.  Check the bottom of the transducer to make sure it’s clean.  If that doesn’t work, then it could be a bad transducer.  Also, if you use a unit long enough and aren’t careful with where the cable attaches at the top of the ducer, the internal connection can fail there due to repeated bending and strain.  I had that happen to my lx5 but it was primarily my fault when I sat it down wet on slick ice and it froze to the ice.

Offline Familyfishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " it's all good"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2023, 06:27 PM »
Thanks fishslap!!!! I will take the unit out of case and go through it all!!! Hope an easy fix !!! Thanks again!!!! Fish-on!!!, how much was it to to replace the ducer!!, def need it fixed, my son will end up taking my fl8-se to use!!!! Not gonna happen!!!!

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2023, 06:41 PM »
Looks like about $100.  I’d contact marcum first before I’d replace it.  Could be an issue with the head unit also.  Is it a new unit or have you used it before?  If used before then likely the ducer.

Offline Familyfishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " it's all good"
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2023, 06:46 PM »
It’s couple years old!!!! Bought before gander mountain went out !!! Will call marcum tomorrow to c what they say!!! It’s awesome unit my uses it every time we go and fish!!! Thanks again !!!,

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2023, 04:22 AM »
Is your battery fully charged and in good working condition

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2023, 07:02 AM »
I am going to say its your battery.  I have the LX3 TCI and this happened to me last year.  I had a SLA and kept it charged, but it eventually died out.  Went and purchased a new battery and it works like a charm. 

I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2023, 07:28 AM »
I am going to say its your battery.  I have the LX3 TCI and this happened to me last year.  I had a SLA and kept it charged, but it eventually died out.  Went and purchased a new battery and it works like a charm.

Easy way to test ...is to hook up the charger to the battery ...plug in the charger and do the above transducer test ..now as long as the charger is not an issue your problem should be identified .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Familyfishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " it's all good"
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2023, 03:21 PM »
Marcum got hold me today and they said try battery!!!! So gonna swap battery’s out and hope that’s my problem!!!! I appreciate all the reply’s!!! Good to hear how others have fixed there problems on the flashers!!! Thank you!, fish-non!!

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2023, 09:46 AM »
I have had to replace 2 ice transducers on 2 of my LX-5 flashers. When they go bad the thing lights up like a christmas tree red lines all the way around flashing crazy. I swap transducer with a known good one and problem goes away. I don't know what causes them to go bad?

Offline Familyfishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " it's all good"
« Reply #10 on: Feb 19, 2023, 04:16 AM »
Well tried battery swap and that was a no go !! So next will have to a transducer and try that!! After that send to marcum and have them fix it!!!! Fish-on!!!!!K

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.