The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: East branch lake  (Read 1549 times)

Offline FishORDietryin!

• IceShanty Rookie
East branch lake
« on: Feb 11, 2023, 07:04 PM »
Hey guys I'm working up near this lake and was curious if it has ice or open water right now? Thanks for any info
The Tug is the Drug!!

Offline fleasimbeck

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: East branch lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2023, 07:30 AM »
As of last Wednesday dam side open water. Elk state park was froze. Some people were out. Ice around 5 inche.  Use caution,  rained since then and warm. Flood control lake.

Offline FishORDietryin!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2023, 08:45 AM »
Awesome thanks for the info! Not sure if I wanna bring the ice gear now or the yak 😂
The Tug is the Drug!!

Offline FishORDietryin!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2023, 03:27 PM »
Well there was plenty of ice but it wasn't what I would consider safe unfortunately. Lots of bad cracking. Fishing alone probably not the best idea 😂 Tried fishing for about an hour tho. Didn't mark a single fish. Drove to the boat ramp by the dam and no open water for the kayak either😔 Sure does look awesome out there tho!
The Tug is the Drug!!

Offline fleasimbeck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2023, 04:34 PM »
Did ya get the personal message i sent.

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "If you plant corn you get corn!"
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2023, 02:15 PM »
I scheduled a trip to go to our camp in Emporium, PA this weekend. East Branch Lake along with Lake Cuba (New York) I was going to check out during this ice fishing season.  I never fished either and was going to give it a try if the weather cooperated and it has not.  Taking wheelers for trail riding now but will definitely look into this place in the summer/future.
If only God would come down in the form of a man and explain everything to us.

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2023, 04:23 PM »
Beautiful place in the Emporium area.   We camp out in Cook Forest every year and head to the eternal tap at Straub's in St Mary's.   Always take a ride to Benezette as well.  Sometimes Sinnemehoning.  I've fly-fished the East Branch of the Clarion below the dam.  Are there any other decent streams to throw a fly around?  That whole area is fabulous, and what a mecca for ATV riders.  Very envious of you having a cabin up there.   Enjoy!   

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "If you plant corn you get corn!"
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2023, 05:00 PM »
Couldn’t agree more.  Camp has been in my family since 1920. Great little slice of paradise.  Been going up there since my birth usually fish right behind camp or sinnemehoning by the Coke ovens (no I ain’t local).  In 39 years never ventured to far for fishing but wanted to give the ice a try.  Oh well,  as you said when all else fails I’ll ride different trails for 6-7 hours straight a day with a chance to encounter every bit of PA wildlife (elk, bear, deer, rattlers etc). Truly amazing up there. My kiddos think it’s the best place on earth. Take care sir!
If only God would come down in the form of a man and explain everything to us.

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2023, 05:44 PM »
It's come full circle.   Your kids are getting to experience what you did growing up.  Can't be any better than that!  Hopefully the tradition will carry on for many more generations.

Offline fleasimbeck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2023, 08:21 PM »
PAcarpboy, the Clarion, east and west branch are good places to fish.  The river below Ridgway is even better. May even want to try for carp on that part of the river. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.