The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Following directions.... hopefully  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Cjp33-90

• IceShanty Rookie
Following directions.... hopefully
« on: Feb 10, 2023, 02:43 AM »
Well I think I'm doing this right by posting here first... This is my first year ice fishing.  It's been hit or miss for me but I find the most out of just reading and trying what others have to say. Been an outdoorsman my whole life (30 years), never ice fished.  I was instantly hooked when my buddies took me out this January. I bought my own equipment and am enjoying the learning process.
 I joined this to find other fishing folk who may offer me some help in my new found hobby.  Thank you fellas.

*to clarify I am in the Belgrade area.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
Re: Following directions.... hopefully
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2023, 06:32 AM »
Ayo… welcome aboard. Keep poking around… there is so much helpful information here. Just need to find time to read it.

Offline BobberdownMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2023, 08:52 AM »
Just remember you live in Montana now. We respect our land and way of life more then most places. Your buddies (I assume new co workers) were nice enough to take you out and show you how to do things. Don’t disrespect that. Try to post only every other successful trip on social media.

Offline albo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2023, 09:40 AM »
Welcome to the shanty, if you post your location indicating where in Montana you live you may get better information in responses. I have seen some wonderful comments on here suggesting folks drive the same distance in a different direction to target a species they are interested in. Good luck and stay safe.
if you're too busy to go fishing, you're too busy

Offline tkhuntsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2023, 12:27 PM »
Welcome if I had 1 bit of advice don't get discouraged by the rants when you ask a question. Somebody will have helpful advice.

Offline Cjp33-90

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2023, 05:55 AM »
Just remember you live in Montana now. We respect our land and way of life more then most places. Your buddies (I assume new co workers) were nice enough to take you out and show you how to do things. Don’t disrespect that. Try to post only every other successful trip on social media.

Appreciate it however I am a Montanan, I know the way of life here believe me.

Also these buddies were surprisingly
not coworkers, just folks I reached  out to on a fishing group i found and were kind enough to take a random guy along. (We are now friends).
I am an avid hunter and angler in the soft water, I mainly had no family growing up that was interested in ice fishing so I never got that instructing like I had hunting. Thanks for your reply. Best of luck to you. 

Offline Cjp33-90

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2023, 05:57 AM »
Welcome to the shanty, if you post your location indicating where in Montana you live you may get better information in responses. I have seen some wonderful comments on here suggesting folks drive the same distance in a different direction to target a species they are interested in. Good luck and stay safe.

Thanks man, I mostly was posting this under the direction of the new members line item #2 to gain my access to other locations here.
I will keep that in mind for the next post and thank you for your reply!

Offline Cjp33-90

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2023, 05:59 AM »
Welcome if I had 1 bit of advice don't get discouraged by the rants when you ask a question. Somebody will have helpful advice.

Thanks man! I have already gotten very friendly messages and replies on other forums here. I am really digging the wealth of knowledge that is hidden within, just gotta read to find it. Best of luck.

Offline Cjp33-90

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2023, 06:01 AM »
Ayo… welcome aboard. Keep poking around… there is so much helpful information here. Just need to find time to read it.

Thank you buddy, I am finding that to be very true. I am really enjoying this site and the folks on it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.