Author Topic: Watch the forecast  (Read 5803 times)

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Watch the forecast
« Reply #30 on: Feb 03, 2023, 07:57 AM »
I took half a day off yesterday and got out for a bit. 1 nice gill and so many dinks it was annoying.  Unfortunately I'm on call again this weekend so that's probably it for me. Good luck guys, be safe.

Been a lot of dinks for me, too. I've been sight fishing shallows this week. I've seen bigger gills, but pretty much just the dinks are wanting to bite.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 03, 2023, 11:20 AM »
Been a lot of dinks for me, too. I've been sight fishing shallows this week. I've seen bigger gills, but pretty much just the dinks are wanting to bite.
I had a camera down. Only saw 1 decent fish and I caught it. So many dinks I couldn't see my bait. They were even bumping into my camera. Tied on a jiggin rap to try and spook them away and it attracted more! At least I made it out I guess.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 03, 2023, 01:18 PM »
Got on some ice and similar .I had a bass issue today .cookie cutter 12 inch bass wanted to play.. it was fun at first but now I'm hungry for bluegills. glad I was able to get out at least. Had to call my boss and take a mental health day 🤣
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 03, 2023, 01:30 PM »
How was the ice condtions?

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 03, 2023, 02:15 PM »
How was the ice condtions?
I was just on a channel. 3.5 to 4" of hard clear ice. But looking at the forecast,  I'd really watch it tommorow.  Bright sun, rising temps and  high wind with marginal ice is a disaster waiting to happen. 
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.