Author Topic: First day out this year  (Read 1446 times)

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
First day out this year
« on: Jan 02, 2023, 07:43 PM »
Started this years fishing off with a good day. Got some perch, rainbows and one tiger. Bite was pretty steady until about 1:30 and then really slowed up. When the fish were around a dropper setup off a small jigging rap was working really well, had that setup going in both holes. Got a new remote for the eyoyo camera that is really nice, few more shacks moved into our area over the holidays.

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: First day out this year
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2023, 09:50 AM »
Nice!  Thanks for the report.  Good mix of species for sure.

I'll post my Gull Lake report which is from XMas eve....I'm tardy.  Spent the last 7 days in row at Pigeon lake.  What a tough lake!!  I did find some new spots.  Caught walleye, one small perch and zero whitefish.  Oh and lost an estimated 12 lb pike.   So not all bad but not an easy lake by any stretch.  Ice is anywhere from 24 inches up to 28-30 inches.
Weather has been sooooo good since and including the 24th. 

Offline EYOYO

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Re: First day out this year
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2023, 03:46 AM »
Started this years fishing off with a good day. Got some perch, rainbows and one tiger. Bite was pretty steady until about 1:30 and then really slowed up. When the fish were around a dropper setup off a small jigging rap was working really well, had that setup going in both holes. Got a new remote for the eyoyo camera that is really nice, few more shacks moved into our area over the holidays.

Thanks for sharing! The underwater camera should have better visible footage if remove the snow cover lol...
EYOYO underwater fishing camera maker!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.