Author Topic: Eskimo Hub Shelters and the ClamLocks  (Read 1713 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Eskimo Hub Shelters and the ClamLocks
« on: Dec 31, 2022, 08:08 PM »

I recently purchased the Eskimo Quickfish 3i shelter, I still have my FishTrap but when taking my nephew and others I thought it would come in handy.

Anyway I read in several forums that people were replacing the eye bolts with longer bolts to install the ClamLock hub adapters. I ordered the ClamLocks from FishUSA and figured I'd install them.
There was no need to install longer eye bolts. On the outside where the eye of the bolt is there is a nut and a couple of washers. There are at least 5 threads available.
From the inside take the locknut off and hub plate. From the outside back the nut off all the way. Screw the eye bolt in all the way.
Install the ClamLock using the locknut. Hold the eye bolt either through a window or door and tighten the locknut so a thread is showing.
From the outside turn the eye bolt counter clockwise while hold the ClamLock either through a door or window. Once the eye bolt is tight and the ClamLock in the correct position tighten the nut while holding the eye bolt.
I did all of mine in about half an hour.  All you need is a socket, a wrench and screwdriver.

The lock nut on the plate was 10mm .. socket wrench. The nut on the outside was 10mm .. open end wrench. The screwdriver I used to put through the eye of the eye bolt for leverage while tightening.

I hope this helps.
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline maximus4444

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Eskimo Hub Shelters and the ClamLocks
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2023, 09:20 AM »
I had a similar experience with my Otter Vortex.  The only thing that I had to do was to drill open the bolt-hole on the clam-lock mount to account for the larger Otter bolts used in the hub. 

Super simple way to trick out a hub. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.