The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: RAIN  (Read 8972 times)

Offline BIGDEERHUNTER63

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: RAIN
« Reply #30 on: Jan 10, 2023, 03:42 PM »
Put a fork into it with the rain coming the season is toast for most of PA.  .There may be a few places at high elevations that have a bare minimum of ice , but that bare min. for me is 6 in . Better luck next season .

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 10, 2023, 08:58 PM »
Put a fork into it with the rain coming the season is toast for most of PA.  .There may be a few places at high elevations that have a bare minimum of ice , but that bare min. for me is 6 in . Better luck next season .

Wow! Some folks give up way too easily! 🙄. We’re barely into January and you are writing off the season already? 🤨

I just checked the reports page and guys were still fishing on several lakes (TODAY)in Tioga County- one report said a dozen guys.

And looking at the forecast towards the end of the month, it looks very good- I’m betting I’ll be back on the ice by Groundhog Day! 😜

Where's the FISH?!

Offline fishon814

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 11, 2023, 07:04 AM »
I don't know what this guys jam is.......I'm assuming he's well over 400#'s and can't leave his computer chair. I fished 3 different lakes in my area in 4 days after his original prognostication that the RAIN would wash them out........for my finale I drove to Maryland and found well over 8" of ice and caught this stringer of tasty critters!!!! Like I said before I'm glad I don't live/fish where he does lol maybe there's a reason he calls himself BIGdeerhunter63

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 11, 2023, 07:40 AM »
I’m not sticking a fork in it yet. I have hope that we will get ice to fish yet. Few years ago we had a very similar winter & just like that we got ice to fish. It was short lived & a 2 hours drive. But It can happen. It’s only Jan 11th

Offline fishon814

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 11, 2023, 08:36 AM »
I’m not sticking a fork in it yet. I have hope that we will get ice to fish yet. Few years ago we had a very similar winter & just like that we got ice to fish. It was short lived & a 2 hours drive. But It can happen. It’s only Jan 11th

AGREED!

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2023, 05:33 PM »
That's right Rutt.   Plenty more sausage-egg and cheese sandwiches to cook and eat on the ice yet.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 11, 2023, 07:20 PM »
Yes! And plenty of those “fancy” panfish to catch! 😜
Where's the FISH?!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #37 on: Jan 11, 2023, 08:09 PM »
speaking of rain tomorrows forecast 54 degrees and rain 46 today and light rain cant cut a break i agree the season taint' over yet
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline dohall21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 11, 2023, 08:52 PM »
last year in toga county I wasn't on the ice until January 10th so this year hasn't been too bad I think.

Offline BIGDEERHUNTER63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 11, 2023, 09:37 PM »
I don't know what this guys jam is.......I'm assuming he's well over 400#'s and can't leave his computer chair. I fished 3 different lakes in my area in 4 days after his original prognostication that the RAIN would wash them out........for my finale I drove to Maryland and found well over 8" of ice and caught this stringer of tasty critters!!!! Like I said before I'm glad I don't live/fish where he does lol maybe there's a reason he calls himself BIGdeerhunter63

Well thanks for the personal attack . I have been on the ice this year and yes i have killed over 75 deer 3 this year, all on public ground . We fished Rose Valley right before Christmas , but I have been hunting with the bow and flintlock since waiting for it to get cold again . I have been ice fishing a long time since the late 70s , in several states as well as hunting in New York and Virginia .I have a 2021 Lowe Rough neck with a 80 hp. jet for shallow water and a 17.5 Fish Hawk Crestliner with a 140  hp. Suzuki  , a 2020 f150 Lariat , a 2021 Ford Explorer , and another 2004 F150 for a spare truck when the ice season is over I will be fishing from the boats and camping in my 2020 - 30 ft. camper. By the way all I own was paid for with  cash and I have been a student of the weather for 55 years  and yes I had my fat a$$ out of the computer chair today because the wife and I went to York Haven to watch my 2 grandchildren . IF YOUR LIFE WAS  1/2 AS GOOD AS MINE YOU WOULD BE A HAPPY MAN .

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 11, 2023, 09:38 PM »
all open water here in central and eastern MA. ice is scarce all the way up to Toronto Canada

Offline fishon814

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 12, 2023, 05:47 AM »
Well thanks for the personal attack . I have been on the ice this year and yes i have killed over 75 deer 3 this year, all on public ground . We fished Rose Valley right before Christmas , but I have been hunting with the bow and flintlock since waiting for it to get cold again . I have been ice fishing a long time since the late 70s , in several states as well as hunting in New York and Virginia .I have a 2021 Lowe Rough neck with a 80 hp. jet for shallow water and a 17.5 Fish Hawk Crestliner with a 140  hp. Suzuki  , a 2020 f150 Lariat , a 2021 Ford Explorer , and another 2004 F150 for a spare truck when the ice season is over I will be fishing from the boats and camping in my 2020 - 30 ft. camper. By the way all I own was paid for with  cash and I have been a student of the weather for 55 years  and yes I had my fat a$$ out of the computer chair today because the wife and I went to York Haven to watch my 2 grandchildren . IF YOUR LIFE WAS  1/2 AS GOOD AS MINE YOU WOULD BE A HAPPY MAN .

Well then.......let me know when it's gonna RAIN again 🤣

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 12, 2023, 06:39 AM »
enough of the personal attacks. No-one comes here to be harassed.

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #43 on: Jan 12, 2023, 07:37 AM »
 :o

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 12, 2023, 08:12 AM »
Good point Spider.  There used to be another defunct site that promoted that.....  We are all outdoor aficionados and should appreciate our common ground regardless of our opinions on the weather.  Glad we don't take our computers onto the ice....well, I guess some do.   Anyway, enjoy the rest of the season.  Maybe we'll see each other out there.  Stop by for a hot sandwich, but get there before Rutt Nutt eats them all.....couldn't resist buddy.
And Spider, we are good to go to the resort once it has safe ice.  Was there last week and it was capped but they won't let you go out with less than 7".  Those monster perch, bass, and crappie await!  I'll keep you posted

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Jan 12, 2023, 08:13 AM »
enough of the personal attacks. No-one comes here to be harassed.

It's the dang weather's fault...its giving us all cabin fever and making us ornery...

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 12, 2023, 09:34 AM »
you bet George, I can't say it's still early but we still got some time. Maybe we'll end up with ice into March or April! I haven't put my gear away yet so save me a sausage sandwich and keep it away from Rutt!  :thumbsup:

Aaaa, who am I kidding, go ahead Rutt, enjoy!  ;D

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 12, 2023, 10:28 AM »
I did Spider! You and Icehound missed out a couple weeks ago on Merli................. ..I had my own personal chef out there on the ice! 😜

NOBODY goes hungry when he’s around! 😎

And BTW, you guys can blame me for the bad weather this year.................I bought a new 8 man hub shelter just before the warmup and have yet to try it out! 🙄
Where's the FISH?!

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 12, 2023, 10:44 AM »
For the record Spider, the ice at the resort was fishable by our standards.   They just are overly cautious and won't let anyone on it unless you can drive a cattle hauler out there.  You know...insurance and all....  We definitely need a good cold spell for everyone's sanity.

Offline 4seasonfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 12, 2023, 10:52 AM »
It's thunderstorming where I live right now.  You guys sure that I shouldn't throw the towel in on this ice season? 

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Jan 12, 2023, 11:39 AM »
It's thunderstorming where I live right now.  You guys sure that I shouldn't throw the towel in on this ice season?

not yet. There's plenty of time left.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 12, 2023, 02:08 PM »
just took a look at the long range for the NE PA area. single digits by the end of the month and cold through most of Feb. Make sure you're ready when the ice forms.

Offline BIGDEERHUNTER63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Jan 12, 2023, 02:59 PM »
Well then.......let me know when it's gonna RAIN again 🤣

IT'S RAINING AGAIN  :o

Offline BIGDEERHUNTER63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 12, 2023, 03:12 PM »
MD LIMIT IS 5 WALLEYES
PA LIMIT IS 6 WALLEYES
 BUT WHAT I SEE IS 8 EYES ON THAT STRINGER OR AM I WRONG  :callcops:

Offline Scranton Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 12, 2023, 03:31 PM »

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 12, 2023, 04:40 PM »
Saw that on the news.  Brothers went fishing together only to never return.   What a shame and heartbreak for their families.  RIP gents

Offline mitcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 12, 2023, 04:42 PM »
Very sad. RIP.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 12, 2023, 04:44 PM »
Another unfortunate  incident.

Link:
https://www.timesleader.com/news/1596050/bodies-of-two-brothers-recovered-from-pikes-creek-reservoir

yep, my wife just told me about that. Very sad. Went through the ice. Very sad. Be careful out there guys, there's no such thing as "safe ice".

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Jan 12, 2023, 06:41 PM »
Very sad to see fellow ice fishermen loose their lives. Doing something we really enjoy doing. Prayers too the family for their loss.  :angel

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Jan 13, 2023, 07:47 AM »
REALLY sad to hear............... especially considering in most cases it could be avoided! (Float suit/pics/spud bar)

Prayers to the men and their family! 🙏🙏🙏
Where's the FISH?!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.