Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Prairie Rose  (Read 2255 times)

Offline OGCollard

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bring on the Ice!!
Prairie Rose
« on: Dec 12, 2022, 01:25 PM »
Headed to Prairie Rose on saturday.  Anyone seen if there is any ice there yet? Might be about another 10 days but im hoping there is some ice there saturday that may work. If not, probably head north to Blackhawk.

Offline bert29

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Prairie Rose
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2022, 04:49 PM »
I too am considering trip to Blackhawk on Saturday. Waiting to see if another friend of mine can go with me-and hoping the rain coming tomorrow and on Wed doesn't ruin the ice completely before the hard cold spell sets in on Thursday! Gotta love the Polar vortex sinking southward in December!

Offline OGCollard

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bring on the Ice!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2022, 08:05 PM »
Won't be hard finding ice starting Xmas weekend!

Offline HardWaterSlabDaddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2022, 06:30 AM »
Not thinking there will be ice this Saturday. Everything around the CB area is wide open small ponds included. Next weekend you would probably have a decent shot though. 

Offline OGCollard

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bring on the Ice!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2022, 12:39 PM »
Nope. wasnt ready. should be good by this weekend though!! Looking forward to it. The snow thats coming will not be great but should be okay. Just play it smart out there and stick to where other people are fishing. This is as of this past saturday.......

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2022, 09:33 AM »
I think with the 50 mph winds it will probably clear off the ice and make it smooth as glass. Bring on the nice clear hard ice!

Offline OGCollard

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bring on the Ice!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2022, 12:33 PM »
Better get on it this weekend. This forecast is ouch. Omaha area in upper 50's and rain next week. may not get fishable ice till late January after that!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2022, 10:35 AM »
I heard it had 5-6" on Monday and with the temps below zero the past couple days id say there's probably 8+ now. I wouldn't worry to much about it next week those temps will only be that warm for a couple hours and it gets cold pretty quick when the sun goes down. Rain which isn't ideal we probably wont get enough to really make a difference either maybe the edges but I think this cold snap put enough good ice on that we should be ok for a while.

Offline Crappiegrinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2023, 01:23 PM »
Has anyone been there in the last couple days? Just wondering what the ice condition is? Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.