Author Topic: Livescope hole size  (Read 4144 times)

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Livescope hole size
« on: Dec 11, 2022, 08:01 PM »
I have just assembled my setup at the end of season last year.  Literally last weekend I ice fished.  I have a 6" lazer on a clam plate. This seemed tight in the hole. What is everyone's opinion on hole size.  I am willing to buy a newer auger and keep the 6" for when I am hiking in.  Just curious to need for a 7 or  8" auger.
<br />

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: Livescope hole size
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2022, 03:48 AM »
I have just assembled my setup at the end of season last year.  Literally last weekend I ice fished.  I have a 6" lazer on a clam plate. This seemed tight in the hole. What is everyone's opinion on hole size.  I am willing to buy a newer auger and keep the 6" for when I am hiking in.  Just curious to need for a 7 or  8" auger.

My buddy just bought and assembled one a few weeks ago and he told me that for his he needs a 7" hole. His is the LVS34-IF.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2022, 06:28 AM »
I find there is adequate room for the Livescope transducer on a Summit pole using a 7 1/2" auger.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2022, 06:30 AM »
It depends on what transducer you have.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2022, 06:45 AM »
bigbucky1

Just drill figure 8 hole(s)

https://fb.watch/hmS-E2XZrc/
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2022, 06:32 PM »
I am running a LVS32 so I could do the 8 with the 6 but did not know what was everyones opinion after they had used it.
<br />

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2022, 05:41 AM »
I just picked up an LVS 34 a couple of days ago to replace my LVS32, I was surprised to see it is larger in size than the LVS32.  Something to consider for those using a small hole.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2022, 05:48 AM »
I just picked up an LVS 34 a couple of days ago to replace my LVS32, I was surprised to see it is larger in size than the LVS32.  Something to consider for those using a small hole.

My buddy just put together his LS34 and said the ducer will require at least a 7" hole when using it in sidescan. Sound about right?
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2022, 07:01 AM »
just drill 2 holes

Offline Bearseatfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2022, 07:44 AM »
Why would you need a 7 or 8" Hole? Once the unit is past the ice floor shouldnt it work as intended? Im just curious.
In winter we become gods and walk on water....

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2022, 07:50 AM »
The 34 transducer is 6 3/8” wide

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2022, 07:02 PM »
I was having a little trouble with mine on a 6" hole in forward facing. That is why I was trying to decide for a new auger.
<br />

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2022, 05:18 AM »
bigbucky1...drilling two holes is the way I would go ...but I see you a a SM Lazer ...w/o a centerpoint overlapping holes can be a challenge..potential hazard and inefficient.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2022, 07:23 AM »
My buddy just put together his LS34 and said the ducer will require at least a 7" hole when using it in sidescan. Sound about right?

I think a 7" hole for the new larger size LS34 transducer is probably right.  I have a plastic 7 1/2 inch auger setup for when the ice gets thick in the ice shack, have not tried that one out yet to see how much room to spare that there is.  I have only had the new LS34 out for a couple of short sessions so far, have not made any judgement yet how much better it is than the LS32, but for sure the extra size is noticeable.

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 22, 2022, 09:00 PM »
bigbucky1...drilling two holes is the way I would go ...but I see you a a SM Lazer ...w/o a centerpoint overlapping holes can be a challenge..potential hazard and inefficient.
Hardwater  that is why I was debating on what to get.  Just was thinking a 7 or 8".  I am leaning toward a 8 for tip ups when I go north. 

<br />

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2022, 07:17 AM »

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 03, 2023, 06:52 PM »
Hardwater

I found an 8" strike lite at L and M this weekend for 159 so I jumped on it figuring I will not find that price anywhere else. 

Thanks for the help
<br />

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Jan 03, 2023, 06:56 PM »
Hardwater

I found an 8" strike lite at L and M this weekend for 159 so I jumped on it figuring I will not find that price anywhere else. 

Thanks for the help

I like L&M Fleet ..and that is a good price ...that what I paid for mine last season from KTP . It had a blade recall that SM took care off quickly. Good luck with your purchase.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 06, 2023, 02:58 PM »
I only have the Panoptix with the PS-22 transducer. It needs a 7" hole to fit trough. But I am now using a StrikeMaster 8" Lite-Flite Auger. The hole seems huge compared to my old 7" HT Iceman Express. 
jbird68

Offline porkpiehat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 18, 2023, 09:49 PM »
I would opt for an 8".  I have the LVS 32 and it fits in the hole drilled by by 8" Lazer Lite flite, but it is tight if the hole freezed in.

I am considering the 34 in which case I would need to make two cuts to fit it in. I feel like this auger doesn't cut as wide as my last 8" auger. The good news is that the center bit allows me to make two conjoined holes.

Offline porkpiehat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 18, 2023, 09:54 PM »
BTW i had an 8" black lazer auger on a clam plate. I ditched the plate altogether when I bought the lite flite. Lighter and less bulk when disassembled. Just need to have the plastic handle mounted on the chock of your drill and you're good to go.

Offline porkpiehat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 18, 2023, 10:00 PM »
Hardwater  that is why I was debating on what to get.  Just was thinking a 7 or 8".  I am leaning toward a 8 for tip ups when I go north.

How does the lvs34 compare? I just bought the 32 last season and i'm disappointed fishing at any real depth. I might buy a 34 for side by side comparison once we get ice, return if it's not a significant difference.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Nov 19, 2023, 08:48 AM »
How does the lvs34 compare? I just bought the 32 last season and i'm disappointed fishing at any real depth. I might buy a 34 for side by side comparison once we get ice, return if it's not a significant difference.
The 34 is an improvement over the 32, more clarity and better at depth. When trout fishing at over 80' it takes work to tune it in.  I would not say a significant difference, but enough better that I felt the money was well spent.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #23 on: Jan 10, 2024, 08:58 AM »
8" hole with my KD works fine for my LVS 34. The 7 3/4" is tight unless I put it in forward scan.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2024, 06:36 AM »
8" hole with my KD works fine for my LVS 34. The 7 3/4" is tight unless I put it in forward scan.

When it is really cold and the hole is freezing in quickly, even an 8" is tight with the LVS34.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.