Author Topic: Homemade Ice Castle  (Read 1550 times)

Offline WalleyeWings

• IceShanty Rookie
Homemade Ice Castle
« on: Dec 10, 2022, 04:41 PM »
Hello everyone, this is an odd question. We are creating our own version of an “Ice Castle” on a trailer that we had around the farm. The only thing is the trailer will not drop down to the ice? Does anyone have any recommendations like adding a skirt to it to keep heat in or having a pipe drop down to the hole? Any help is amazing! Thank you in advance. Tight lines.

Offline huffwin

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Homemade Ice Castle
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2022, 06:37 PM »
I think your looking for something like this

https://goicefish.com/hardkor-fish-hole-buddy-sleeve/

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2022, 06:56 PM »
Hello everyone, this is an odd question. We are creating our own version of an “Ice Castle” on a trailer that we had around the farm. The only thing is the trailer will not drop down to the ice? Does anyone have any recommendations like adding a skirt to it to keep heat in or having a pipe drop down to the hole? Any help is amazing! Thank you in advance. Tight lines.

https://catchcover.com/18-hole-sleeve/

Use these cut to height with the catch cover holes.

Also make snap on canvas or tarp skirt to go around the base of the trailer to the ice. Then throw snow on the tarp laying on the ice to seal it up.

If your trailer doesn't drop down to the ice, you need to make a skirt otherwise the wind will freeze your holes shut constantly

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2022, 07:29 PM »
I use reflex insulation to like the holes in my wheel house.  Where I fish, we have a lot of freezing and thawing then refreezing so a drop axle is not preferred. 
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.