Author Topic: Made In USA List  (Read 5420 times)

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live fishing Die fishing
Made In USA List
« on: Nov 05, 2022, 06:55 AM »
My career field led me to start buying made in usa products for my career and in general so i was wondering if anyone else does and maybe starting a list

Edit added list Template

Auger/Auger Accessories

K-Drill

Boots

Clothing

Line

Lures

Rods

Reels

Safety Equipment

Shanties

Sleds

Terminal Tackle

Tip Ups

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Made In USA List
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2022, 11:52 AM »
I buy made in USA products when I can find them. Sometimes I have to go to several stores to find the item I want that is made in the USA when that is even possible. I see a lot of products that are "Assembled in the USA" which doesn't tell me jack about where the components are made. One of my pet peeves is when I am looking at items in a store and all of packaging facing the isle is printed in Spanish so I have to turn it around to read about the product. Some days I turn all of them around so the side printed in English faces the aisle. I figure if ya want to live here, learn the language.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline darkeyez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2022, 12:07 PM »
I try to buy "made in the USA" as much as possible. Several years ago, I needed ST (trailer) tires for a boat trailer, "NONE" were made in the USA. Since then Goodyear has started making them again and I don't know if they are available in all sizes. Getting harder and harder to find products made with parts fully manufactured in the USA.

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2022, 01:28 PM »
I try to buy "made in the USA" as much as possible. Several years ago, I needed ST (trailer) tires for a boat trailer, "NONE" were made in the USA. Since then Goodyear has started making them again and I don't know if they are available in all sizes. Getting harder and harder to find products made with parts fully manufactured in the USA.

Here is a link to their site with their made in usa st tires with all their sizes https://www.tires-easy.com/205-75-14/goodyear-tires/endurance/tirecode/724864519
I know i personally i search up brands with that said products that make and start to see if all their products are made/ or assembled in usa then if i cant find any then i just go and find an individual product Made in USA
But you can find Most things made in usa if you do some digging and make a list so others dont have to search anyway how should i categorize it, and how specific should my categories be?

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2022, 03:24 PM »
Been that way for at least 20 years. Almost all the major manufactures have all their product made "over there"

Offline sorenson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2022, 10:43 AM »
I try, but as noted, it's pretty difficult.  And now I'm  finding that items I have (and were USA sourced) and are finally in need of replacement are now no longer made in USA.

I guess for now my list is:
K-Drill

All that being said, I have no heartburn w/ gear from Europe, they seem to be a close second on my choices.
s.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2022, 11:27 AM »
Northland lures and jigs. Made here in Minnesota.

Manufactured in the heart of Minnesota's finest fishing waters, Northland® is one of the country's leading producers of premium quality jigs, live bait rigs, spinnerbaits and spoons for Panfish, Perch, Walleye, Bass, Trout, Northern Pike and Muskie.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2022, 11:37 AM »
Northland lures and jigs. Made here in Minnesota.

Manufactured in the heart of Minnesota's finest fishing waters, Northland® is one of the country's leading producers of premium quality jigs, live bait rigs, spinnerbaits and spoons for Panfish, Perch, Walleye, Bass, Trout, Northern Pike and Muskie.

Used to get a lot of Northland seconds cheap when I lived in town. The perch didn't care if the Slurpies were missing an eye or had 2 different colors mixed together  :roflmao:

I will say I am not impressed by their small ice fishing jigs anymore. The hooks they're using are ridiculously brittle. Had a bunch of the Mooska tungstens break on bluegills a couple years back, so I switched brands.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FreshwaterPhil.com - Montreal fishing
« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2022, 08:01 AM »
Even less choice for us Canadian to support made in Canada. I think my Williams ice jig and my Baffins are the only pieces of ice gear made here.
I think that my mini Kastmaster (Acme) jigging spoons may be made in USA, possibly the Swedish pimple too (bay de noc lures)?

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2022, 08:20 AM »
I believe all my St. Croix rods still are....at least their website still says so.

https://stcroixrods.com/pages/factory-tours

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2022, 08:55 AM »
Custom Jigs and Spins are USA made jigs!
Good quality and they work.
Though anymore I make almost all of my own jigs.
That way I know where they're made which is in my garage!
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 08, 2022, 09:44 AM »
I'll second northlands decline.  If it wasnt for buckshots they wouldn't get a red cent out of me anymore.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 08, 2022, 09:55 AM »
Custom Jigs and Spins are USA made jigs!
Good quality and they work.
Though anymore I make almost all of my own jigs.
That way I know where they're made which is in my garage!

X2

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Nov 08, 2022, 09:56 AM »
Caty jigs. Made in NY.. ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 08, 2022, 10:07 AM »
I'll second northlands decline.  If it wasnt for buckshots they wouldn't get a red cent out of me anymore.

I've switched to Acme for my little 2-3mm tungstens. They're a lot more durable, and cheaper by the 2pk.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #15 on: Nov 08, 2022, 10:24 AM »
I've switched to Acme for my little 2-3mm tungstens. They're a lot more durable, and cheaper by the 2pk.

I just picked up a few of their new Mick-E jigs. Unique if nothing else.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 08, 2022, 12:07 PM »
That is a bizarre looking little thing  :blink:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Nov 08, 2022, 12:19 PM »
That is a bizarre looking little thing  :blink:

So she told him...

Online missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #18 on: Nov 08, 2022, 03:21 PM »
TWSS

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Nov 12, 2022, 07:39 AM »
Thank you should i edit my first post and start a list and reedit it every time someone has another to add

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Nov 27, 2022, 05:38 AM »
Added first list template

Currently looming for ice rods made or better yet handcrafted in usa yet affordable
I know for open water the cheapest made in usa i found was $130 so there has to be options
Also havent added brands under the categories because i am yet to figure out how to convert website link to text

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 27, 2022, 11:48 AM »
The last Buckshot spoons I got were garbage. The rattles were all crooked and one fell off the first day I got them. On another, the top round loop broke when I was trying to take the holder thing off that they come with to hang in the stores. I took them back, I was pissed. They were 5 bucks a piece…

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Nov 27, 2022, 11:50 AM »
The last Buckshot spoons I got were garbage. The rattles were all crooked and one fell off the first day I got them. On another, the top round loop broke when I was trying to take the holder thing off that they come with to hang in the stores. I took them back, I was pissed. They were 5 bucks a piece…
Alright i wont add them

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Mar 15, 2023, 12:02 PM »

Check out treadwright tires

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.