The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Deep Freeze EZ AUGER CONNECTION SYSTEM  (Read 1304 times)

Offline George_B

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always looking for new tip-up variations !!
Deep Freeze EZ AUGER CONNECTION SYSTEM
« on: Nov 03, 2022, 11:37 PM »
Has anyone tried this attachment to the drill on the ice last year? I know most of all the brand name augers have a safety plate of some kind to prevent losing the blade down the hole if it comes loose. The manufacture suggests positioning the flattened sides in the chuck to match how it sits when tightened, but with all the torque does it still loosen up more often than not? Tightening it down with a chuck key rather than your hand on the collar was the way I always did it with electric drills. I have no time put in the cordless drill systems but plan on using the Milwaukee brushless lithium this year.

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Deep Freeze EZ AUGER CONNECTION SYSTEM
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2022, 02:20 AM »
I used one similar called the " ice master"& it made 1 trip to the ice before it was mothballed. The strings slap& freeze& fell from chuck a lot.
I was much happier w/ this style, balance is better, don't need that lousy Milwaukee handle& if it does slip, the offset handle catches it at the hole.
Tip, put friction tape on the auger drive shaft tip before inserting into chuck & also get rid of plastic knob by using a sheet metal screw, eliminating snags.
https://sibereon.com/products/universal-ice-auger-drill-adapter-with-handle-0-76-0-86-19-mm-22-mm

Offline vinella

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2022, 08:39 AM »
I have one for my Pistol Bit. Drilled a bunch of holes last year - zero issues. They also have ice screws that fit right into the EZ attachment for anchoring your hub. Pretty slick.

Offline Pheasanttail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2022, 09:37 AM »
I used the EZ auger system last year and it worked great. No issues with auger coming loose like I had with my old adapter of another brand. I still check the chuck occasionally to make sure it’s still tight.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2022, 11:00 AM »
That Qwik-Lok chuck is very secure, especially with the 7/16 hex that had that groove at the end. If it's like my MKE brand it will also reliably hold the 3-flat secure bits ala stock K-Drill. Never had a problem with an auger of either configuration coming out. Problem here is that chuck goes in the existing chuck on your drill so you could lose not only your auger but the QL chuck down the hole as well.

When I was using a conventional chuck I always favored a keyed one. When I put anything in I wanted to stay I'd go around all three holes and tap the key a bit with a small hammer to insure it was tight. I often had to tap back or use a small (1/8 inch) pipe nipple to loosen it up.

Really like the fact I can break down an auger for transport in seconds and reassemble just as quickly.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.