Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 229535 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2400 on: Jun 18, 2023, 12:15 PM »
Yes happy Father’s Day    And not bad shooting for an old man

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2401 on: Jun 19, 2023, 03:47 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

65 degrees, heading to a hot and hazy 90 by the afternoon. The drought continues :cookoo:

Yesterday was spent at my sisters getting a start on clearing out one of the sheds. She had 2 hay racks full of outdoor Christmas decorations and lighting that she wants to try and sell. My late b-i-l had a very diverse appetite for collecting things. His yearly lighting displays during the Holiday season brought hundreds of people out to look and listen as they enjoyed his decorating efforts. He actually had a list of people through the years that made their interests know if he should ever want so part with anything. I hope for my sisters sake, there is still an interest.

He also had 40 or so collectable 1/16 scale toy John Deere tractors. I have been looking on line for a way to sell them and so far ebay seems to be the most popular place. His collection was very minimal compared to some that acquired 200 -300 of these collectables. None the less, most seem to be in the $150-$225 range. There are people that buy collections, the obvious problem is finding them.

I have a tree job this morning that the s-i-l is going to give me a hand with. I am hoping it doesn't take more than 2-3 hours so we can beat the heat. I also am trying to line up a commission job with a local tree company for one of my old customers. Hopefully I can meet with a couple to see what they think. I am guessing the job will be around $10,000- $12,000 so it has sparked some interest. I feel like I am being pulled in a bunch of different directions and none of them have anything to do with fishing ???

I hope everyone has a good Monday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2402 on: Jun 19, 2023, 04:34 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                        It's 45* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                        I hope everyone had a good Father's day. :clap:
                        Marv..........I hope your tree job goes to plan today. :flex: That sounds like a nice collection of JD mini toys, I'm sure you'll find some
            interested buyers. :thumbsup:
                        Bud...........Nice shooting. :clap:
                        Fish...........That looked like a couple of good days of fishing. :clap:
                        I had to work yesterday morning, we mowed the association and a residents on Trout Lake. Then I came home and mowed my own lawn.
            Then I went to my #2 son's for dinner.
                        I have a tooth cleaning appointment this morning then it's going to be a wood processing day.
                        I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2403 on: Jun 19, 2023, 04:36 AM »
Morning all,

WS......fingers crossed you find a way to squeeze in some down time for a little r&r for yourself soon  :unsure: 

Heading to the lake this morning, taking my brother along, hopefully the fish are biting  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2404 on: Jun 19, 2023, 05:26 AM »
51* this morning.

Had a great Fathers Day cookout. I didn't have to do the cooking.

Fish, you are doing well with the walleyes.

WW, good luck today.

WS, you seem pretty busy, have to find time to fish. Same with me lately.

The fishing federation has been stocking trout in the lake for a number of years, yet very few are caught. I think the pike like them. This past weekends contest saw the first trout entered in 2/3 contest. The biggest was 13" and the smallest was 9" which earned $450 to one person and he only kept the 9 incher because none were being caught in the past.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2405 on: Jun 19, 2023, 07:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy skies and 55*, high of 75 forecasted.

FH4… looks like you’ve got those walleyes dialed in now..awesome job!  :clap:
  Bud…excellent shooting!  :flex:  Was that from your new AR?
  Marv…hope the tree job goes well today and you can wrap it up before the broiler kicks in. Best of luck finding interested buyers with the collections!  Hope you get some rain soon out there….and some fishing time!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…you had a busy day yesterday, be safe with the saws and splitter today!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…best of luck to Team WW today, hope the bite is on!  :thumbsup:
  H2…heck of a payout for the trout!  :clap:  Glad you had nice cookout yesterday and didn’t have to tend to the grill.. ;D

We had a nice day here yesterday as well. The weather was good for the most part, just a few quick passing light showers early afternoon. The family surprised me with an awesome gift before we sat down for dinner…a new pop up shelter for the ice, Eskimo Outbreak 450XD! Was super excited about that…needless to say, the boys and I talked a lot of ice fishing around the fire yesterday, lol.   :tipup:
  Will be catching up with the lawn mowing today…Cawfee’s still hot!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2406 on: Jun 19, 2023, 10:54 AM »
Eddie. Yup AR all sighted in

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: on the new shelter
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2407 on: Jun 19, 2023, 06:14 PM »
A pretty good day today, my brother went home happy with 2 bags of fish

And a plate of cookies

Going to give it a go again in the morning 😉

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2408 on: Jun 19, 2023, 06:21 PM »
Congratulations Team WW + 1 :clap: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2409 on: Jun 19, 2023, 06:57 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, 69* here. I’m sorry I haven’t been on the site to much. Me and Mr Dickens have been trying to get out everyday fishing. My wife hasn’t been feeling well lately. Will try and catch up. Hope everyone is doing well.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2410 on: Jun 20, 2023, 03:57 AM »
Morning all,

MrWW and I are off to the lake again this morning. Will check in later to see how everyone's doing.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2411 on: Jun 20, 2023, 05:04 AM »
Good morning. 55* and clear.

WW, I am sure your brother was happy and good luck today.

Suburban is "suppose" to be here today, we will see how that goes.

Put the "muffs" on the boat and ran it, just have to get some worms.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2412 on: Jun 20, 2023, 06:57 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Shot the first post off somewhere into cyberspace, will try again!  59* and cloudy, high of 75.

Wally…congratulations on yesterday’s catch, hope you find them biting again this morning…best of luck!  :clap:
  H2…sounds like the boat is ready to go, will be looking forward to your maiden voyage with the walleyes!  Keeping the fingers crossed Suburban comes through for you today, good luck!  :thumbsup:
  I-45…nice to see posting again! Glad you’ve been getting out to wet a line with Mr.Dickens, best wishes sent for your wife getting over her ailments.    :thumbsup:
  Jeff/Marv…hope you fellas got everything accomplished with your wood projects yesterday!  :thumbsup:

Had two of our grandchildren spend the day with us yesterday, they had the day off for Juneteenth. Got half of my lawn done before we took them out for a short shopping trip and a lunch at their favorite restaurant, McDonalds, lol.
  Finishing up my yard work today and will be cheering on my grandson and his team as they play their final Little League game this evening…hopefully put a check mark in the Win column tonight!  Cawfee’s on…

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2413 on: Jun 20, 2023, 08:43 AM »
New dish.   French Toast made with hotdog buns 

Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2414 on: Jun 20, 2023, 09:59 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Me and Mr Dickens went out this morning. Few nibbles but the Fish didn’t want to commit. Not much on the planner today. No Doctors appointments today.

IFF, Those French toast looks delicious.

MasonEddie, Hopefully your grandson puts a check in the win Column.

Hunts2long, Did you get a new vehicle? Hopefully it comes in and you can get the boat wet.

WallyWorld, Your brother must have been very happy. Good luck on the water today.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2415 on: Jun 20, 2023, 04:59 PM »
Another decent day 5 keepers, 2 shorts and 2 perch. Not bad conditions the east wind, high pressure and mayfly hatch.

I can’t come up with any other excuses lol

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2416 on: Jun 21, 2023, 01:09 AM »

70 degrees heading to 92 later today.

WW...Congratulations on another banner day on the water :clap: :clap:

Eddie...How did our team do in it's final Little League game ?

IW...How is  Kolie the weather cat doing?

h2l...Looking forward to a bunch of fish pictures once you hit the water :thumbsup:

45...Glad to read you are getting out and doing some fishing :thumbsup:

Yesterday I spent on and off an ice pack, as a matter of fact that's what I am doing now. I am hoping that by being caught up with tree work I will be able to give my back some time to rest. I may see about getting into the Chiropractor today. My last visit a couple of weeks ago helped, but I didn't do myself any favors with all the irons I had in the fire.

I was supposed to go fishing with my sister today but with the blistering heat we decided to skip going. I am going to see her again on Friday to help her with all the watering.

Hope everyone has a good "Hump day" :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2417 on: Jun 21, 2023, 04:57 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                               It's 51* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                               Marv........You need to give your back a rest. :whistle: Hopefully the heat will subside so you and your sister can go fishing again. :unsure:
                               Eddie.......That's a great Father's Day gift. I hope you enjoy it. :clap:
                               Wally........You an Mr. WW are on fire with the fishing. :flex:
                               H2l..........The nicest Father's Day gift is not having to do any cooking. :thumbsup:
                               I-45.........I'm glasd that you and Mr, Dickens are getting out. :flex:
                               Steve.......I hope you can resolve you computer issue soon. :unsure: I have a problem with mine, I can't close the cover of my laptop. :%$#!:
                               Yesterday I spent most of the day doing firewood. The same foe today.
                               I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2418 on: Jun 21, 2023, 05:39 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....fingers crossed yesterday's game was a win for the team  :whistle:

IW....how's the shoulder doing, any surgery/rehab planned yet  ??? 

WS.....sorry to see you're not sleeping too well with the back issues  :'(  hope you're feeling better after a few days "off"  ;)

IFF.....hot dog rolls are just fat bread  :woot:

H2L.....how did the gas line project go  ???  water temp on Oneida was 68* yesterday  @)

Another nice day on tap, 3 wheels on today's planner  :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2419 on: Jun 21, 2023, 05:48 AM »
The bike club presented our donation last night

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2420 on: Jun 21, 2023, 05:53 AM »
56* and sunny.

Ice-45, No new truck, been waiting for Suburban Propane to move a gas line for a new range.

The GAS line is relocated, took them about 2 hours, they did a good job and it was the same guy that was here before (with a helper). He also took care of the $136 that was billed for the first visit. I just have to pick up a 20 amp ckt. breaker and a new outlet for the 120. The last I knew Lowe's still had me down for a Thursday install. Will be glad when this "project" is done.

I got a call yesterday that my deer head is done, as is my nephew's, think we are going to pick them up Thursday night.

WW, another good day on the water. I am seeing some reports of some walleyes being caught over this way.

WS, I don't take many pictures while fishing, my "flip" phone doesn't have a camera. I do take my DSL once in a while.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2421 on: Jun 21, 2023, 06:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to the first day of summer?  ;D   Partly cloudy skies and 56*, high of 74 here today.

Bud…French hot dog bun toast…I think that would be a big hit with my boys, will give it a shot!  :clap:
  I-45…good luck setting the hook on a few today if you’re heading out with Mr.Dickens!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…thanks for sharing the pictures and congrats to Team WW on another good trip!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Have a safe ride, going to be a beautiful day!
  Marv…sorry to read your back has been hurting again, hope the ice packs are helping and the Chiropractor has an opening today!  :thumbsup:  Man, your area has been getting some intense heat, hopefully you’ll get a break soon.
  Jeff…have a safe day with the firewood today, hope your wood pile is dwindling down!   :thumbsup:
  H2…congrats on the gas line, glad Suburban came through for you and took care of that charge as well, awesome!  :clap:  Will be looking forward to seeing a picture of that mount!  :thumbsup:
  Dave…hope you’re doing well and they’re gaining ground putting out some of those wildfires.  :thumbsup:

Last night’s finale was a good game. Both teams were pretty evenly matched. The coaches decided to not keep a running score and pretty much just let the kids have fun playing. Some players who always wanted to pitch got a chance to show their stuff like my grandson!  ;D  Others got to play the infield, outfield, and catching. In the end, they all had a great time and were treated to a pizza party by the local Volunteer Fire Department…good time by all.  :thumbsup:
  Not too much on the planner yet, but I’m sure the Mrs. will have something to say about that, lol. Cawfee’s hot…

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2422 on: Jun 21, 2023, 06:28 AM »
Well a long day on tap, travel down to Denver and back home today for a meeting down there, guess it will pay well, then safety meeting and CPR class tomorrow. Seems like several are having the heat as we have been having rain and some cooler Temps, reminds me of the good days when I was a bit younger out here, well better get ready to board the plane and get this day really started. Have a good one everyone and a great first day of summer, now to watch the daylight hours start to fade towards the shortest day of the year again.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2423 on: Jun 21, 2023, 10:08 AM »
Good morning Everyone, 68* here. Late start this morning. Bad dreams and bad headache today so not much on the planner today. My wife went to work and has the next couple of days off. Church is going to be having a tag sale so going to donate a lot of stuff in our storage units.

Fish, Cpr classes are always fun. I had to do 2 of them every 2 years. Have a safe trip.

MasonEddie, That sounds like a good game and that was very nice of the Fire Department to supply pizza. Hope you have a good day and don’t have to do much today.

Hunts2long, I misunderstood. That’s good your gas line got relocated without incident. Can’t wait to see the deer head mount.

WallyWorld, Have a safe ride today. Will the ride end with ice cream?

Ice Wanderer, Hope that pile of firewood dwindles down soon.

Whopper Stopper, Hope your back feels better soon and you can get out on the water.

Prayers for those people lost in the Submersible going to the Titanic. May they be found. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2424 on: Jun 21, 2023, 07:50 PM »
Seen this and thought of all that putter around

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2425 on: Jun 21, 2023, 08:11 PM »
Good evening, nice to be back posting in the 9:45 and on Ice Shanty. Glad to see all of the 9:45 father's had nice days this past Sunday. Brief details of my computer problem on morning of Tuesday June 13TH going through Email notice a pop-up appear briefly on screen no time to read shortly after mouse cursor starts flickering and hard to keep it on an item . them screen changes to alert your computer had been locked by Windows for protection call this number for help. Do not turn off computer as you risk loosing data. I realized this was a probable scam and took risk of turning off the computer and disconnected it from internet and electric power supply. on Friday of that week brought the computer to local Office Depot where I had purchased it this past December talked with a sales person/computer tech described problem and left computer for service. On Sunday afternoon of Father's day got phone call my computer unlocked no virus infection found come pickup the tech was off on Monday and started their work shift on Tuesday at midday. Since i wanted to talk with the tech picked up computer on Tuesday afternoon of June 20TH. Thankfully I had purchased a protection plan so no cost for service. I spent last night going through the Emails i had received since dropping computer and catching up on this thread.

I need to check local news lter this evening believe my county's temporary order preventing hotels/motels from accepting NYC asylum seekers expires today want to see if the county has refiled for another protection order or what other action it may have taken.
This past Saturday I help some other neighbors stain a few of the stairs cases leading to building laundry and boiler rooms here at my condo complex. we started with 6 people and ended up with around ten by time we finished between 1-1:30 PM. We got5 stair cases stained and most of another stair case before calling it quits for the day. Three full stair cases left to be stained and finish another one and first coats will be completed. All work done with 2 inch hand brushes I will on give opinion on the one staircase another gentlemen and i stained that has a landing at top of steps using a roller would have been better as you can now see where i started and stopped brush strokes on the landing. Otherwise all looks good not my choice of color stain has a black tint the replaced stairs cases were metal and painted black new ones are pressure treated wood the Board of Directors wanted these stair cases to look similar to the old.

IFF my condolences to your niece ,family and your on the passing of your brother Cliff. glad you made it home safely from Wisconsin. may you get caught up on all that was neglected during your absence.
Icefisher-45 welcome back happy to hear you are getting out fishing with Mr. Dickens May you be over the headache and your wife feeling better, best wished for both of you and also your church with the upcoming tag sale.
Whopper Stopper may rest and a chiropractor visit help your back. sounds like your tree services are in high demand good to read most customers will wait for you to do the work and understand situation with your sister. Nice to read the two of you got out fishing and plan to make another trip plus visit family in Iowa at a later date. All the best with cleaning out the sheds and selling Arnie's collections at the garage sale.
Ice Wanderer looks like you have acquired a good size supply of firewood. No solution for securing the splitter when using it to split big heavy rounds of wood. How difficult would it be to remove the lift your son added and can the splitter be converted to split wood vertically instead of horizontally.
Hunts2long happy for your wife and you the gas line is relocated and i hope new range now hooked up and ready for use in cooking meals. Also good to read the painter was able to cover over the leak damage. like other looking forward to seeing a photo of your dear mount.
Wallyworld congratulations to team WW on the good fishing of late. I'm sure your brother will enjoy the future walleye dinners and had finished the cookies. may today's bike ride have been a good time. Glad the benefit ride raised a nice sum of money to donate to the charity.
Eddie now will have some "free" time in the afternoon/evenings with little league season being done for the year. Congratulations to your granddaughter and best wished for her as she starts high school this fall. Nice that both coaches agreed to let the kids have fun at the final game of season. never hurts a "Team athlete to be able to play multiple positions.
Drifter thanks for answering my question and the video link. Interesting how so many cultures around our world have ritual dances . may all of the help be able to get the many fires under control and put out.
Fish/hunt4ever good to see you and the family had a nice weekend at the lake. Sorry you did not get draw for the hunting tags. may all have gone well with today's trip to Denver.
Old Goat may the CT scan not find any new medical concerns for your doctor(s) and you .

My apology if I overlooked anyone. Best wished to all fishing. keep safe and Healthy.
  Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2426 on: Jun 21, 2023, 10:44 PM »
Well delayed for an hour so far sitting on plane waiting for thunderstorms and lightning to pass so we can take off, been a little bit if a day so hopefully we will be home before midnight so I can sleep for a little bit and head for safety meeting and cpr class in the morning

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2427 on: Jun 22, 2023, 01:59 AM »

69 degrees with another +90 on the way. Everything is begging for water, hope we get a break one of these days ???

IW...Is your wife keeping busy with the garden?

WW...What an incredible donation your club presented :bow: You have to be pretty proud of the organization :thumbsup:

Eddie...Sounded like a perfect wrap up of the baseball season :clap: One nice thing about my Chiropractor he is very vigilant about getting me right in. I have never had to wait more than a couple hours from when I call.

Fish..I loved the puttering picture :thumbsup: Hope you were able to get a nap in before your meetings this morning.

45..Good luck with getting stuff set out for the tag sale :thumbsup:

mr.clean...Welcome back. I hope your computer continues to function like a fine Swiss watch :thumbsup:

Yesterday I was able to get in for an adjustment. The Chiropractor is always amazed at how out of whack my back gets ??? I need to get back to doing my stretches and strengthening exercises. Like walking, I kind of got out of the habit and can really tell. Maybe now that things are slowing down some it would be a good time to start again.

I might head to the range this morning before things get blistering hot again. Tomorrow I will be heading back to my sisters for a day of watering and helping with sorting things out. I told her to check into a small dumpster for a bunch of collectables that aren't all that desirable. My late b-i-l was excellent at fixing almost anything. The problem is he acquired multiple small appliances and outdoor gas and electrical tools that he never got around to working on. Most are outdated and have very little value in the state they are in.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2428 on: Jun 22, 2023, 03:51 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....glad you got in to see the chiropractor so quickly  :clap:  now maybe  you can get some sleep  :whistle:

We're off to the lake again this morning. Going to give the smaller lake a try today, less mayflies  ;)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2429 on: Jun 22, 2023, 04:24 AM »

Good morning Marv, Wally, ER's,
                               It's 49* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                               Marv.........I'm glad you got in to see the bone cracker, they do wonders. :thumbsup:
                               Wally........Good luck out there today. :flex: I have an appointment with the orthopedic doctor on Monday.
                               Steve.......My wood pile isn't going down as fast as I want it to. :blink: I figured out the problem with the splitter lifting. I got some old truck
                 brake rotors from my mechanic and tied them together and hung them over the tongue of the splitter. Works great. :clap:
                               Eddie.......That was a good way to end the season for your grandson. Kudos to the coaches for thinking of that. :thumbsup:
                               Fish.........Sounded like a long day. :whistle:
                               H2l..........I'm glad to hear that the gas line install went well and they dropped the first charge. :clap:
                               Yesterday, my neighbor/boss took the day to got to his granddaughter's graduation from first grade. So after he came over and helped me split
                what I blocked up. He brought his splitter over so we knocked it off in a shorter time than I would have by myself. 
                               Today I'm going to my granddaughter's sixth grade graduation then I'll be home stacking the wood that was split yesterday. My other neighbors
                have offered to come and help.
                               I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.