Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 212361 times)

Online Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2280 on: Jun 03, 2023, 09:23 AM »
 Condolences WS family   Good job watching over your sister Marv.   

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2281 on: Jun 03, 2023, 07:56 PM »
Good evening cloudy sky for majority of the day so far no rain. like Eddie's area of NY. nice temperature drop today with a high around seventy and 5-10 mph winds feels good after yesterday. I'm not sure if a new high temperature for June 2ND was set or not was out around 3 Pm and thermometer in my SUV was reading 91 drove passed a business whose sign said 96 so guessing actual temperature was somewhere in between the two readings. The NY. Civil Liberties Union filed a lawsuit against Rockland and Orange counties over their emergency orders and getting temporary stays from judges blocking hotels in either counties from excepting asylum seekers from NYC. A Federal level judge in White Plains,NY. is handling the case from statements he has made to date looks like he will overturn the emergency orders and other judges rulings. This Monday he may issue his ruling if the emergency orders/stays are overturned both counties are sure to seek other options to prevent NYC from sending more asylum seekers and hotels from accepting these people.
Whopper Stopper may today have been better for all of you.
Fish/hunt4ever may you and the family have a nice weekend camping and fishing .
Eddie I hope the little league game was completed before any rain fell from the sky . Things still looking green here but like your area we could use some rain .
Old goat hope all is good with you and your mother is also doing well.
Wallyworld may it have been a nice weather day for your granddaughter's high school graduation and any post ceremony party. Once again congratulations to her and best wishes for college.
Ice Wanderer may you have completed the staining today. I received a phone call yesterday because of the chance of rain here the staining of stairs cases was put off until Saturday June 17 TH.

May everyone have a good night and pleasant Sunday.
  Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2282 on: Jun 03, 2023, 08:04 PM »

Temp on Mass Pike yesterday, today rain/wind and temps in the 50s

Class of 2023 !!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2283 on: Jun 03, 2023, 08:25 PM »
Wallyworld glad you arrived safely in MA. after a hot road trip. Thank you for posting the photos .
    Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2284 on: Jun 04, 2023, 04:49 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                               It's 38* and clear here on my Hill. ::)
                               Steve........Too bad the weather postponed the work party. :%$#!:
                               Wally.........That's HOT! :o That's a nice looking class. :clap:
                               Eddie........ I hope the showers held off so the kids could get their game in. :unsure:
                               Marv......... Prayers are still going out to your family. :(
                               Well yesterday the rain held off and we got the day in. We will finish up today.
                               I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2285 on: Jun 04, 2023, 05:46 AM »
46* here, mist coming off the lake.

WW, CONGRATULATIONS to your granddaughter.

Eddie, hope they got the game in, turned out pretty nice, but cool, here.

Mr. C, the wife "heard" talk that a few have been brought to a small town near here and put up in an un-used nursing home.

WS, thinking of you and your family, hope everyone is hanging in there.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2286 on: Jun 04, 2023, 07:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Had 42* this morning when I woke, up to 49 and topping off at 61 today.

Marv…thoughts and prayers are with you all. 🙏

Steve…understand they also want to use NY college campus’s/dorms during the off season for the illegal aliens…what a “brilliant” idea!   :cookoo:
  Jeff…good luck with finishing off the staining project today!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…awesome picture of the Graduate’s, what a proud moment for everyone!! Congratulations to your granddaughter and the Duxbury graduating class of 2023!!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  H2…hope the boat is ready for a walleye trip this week and the weather cooperates!   :thumbsup:

We didn’t get hardly anything for rain yesterday here, it was just a light a mist off and on for about 2 hours and about half of the game. Almost felt like Fall ball with the cooler temps. Grandson’s team was doing well until a pitching change, then things went in another direction.  ;D
  Just an R & R day here today, nothing much on the planner…Cawfee’s still hot.
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2287 on: Jun 04, 2023, 02:17 PM »
Good afternoon everyone  :bow:

Thanks again for the kind words and condolences. Things are moving along, the visitation will be on Wednesday evening, with the funeral on Thursday morning. We have been spending as much time as possible helping my sister with both indoor and outdoor tasks. My sister said they are planning for about 200 for the funeral. One of my b-i-l's favorite meals was tater tot hotdish and he requested that it be served after the funeral when we all gather for lunch.

My sister has a lot on her plate in the months ahead. I would be very grateful if you keep her in your thoughts and prayers as this chapter closes and the next one opens.

Hope you are all having a good Sunday. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2288 on: Jun 04, 2023, 04:41 PM »
Marv, certainly will keep you and family in thoughts and prayers

Got my room reserved for Thursday and Friday to do room sales of the China collection. Will have to have room cleaned out Saturday morning and moved to convention hall for any final sales.  Hope it will be a lot less to deal with

Then could be on my way back to Tennessee Sunday-Monday

Will be watching second Denver- Miami basketball game @ 7:00

Take care all
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2289 on: Jun 04, 2023, 07:11 PM »
Sorry for your loss Marv.  :'(

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2290 on: Jun 04, 2023, 07:14 PM »
OOF!!!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2291 on: Jun 04, 2023, 08:14 PM »
Good evening pleasant day here with a high temp in the low sixties felt cooler with the 10-20 mph wind for most of day. Looks like the weather forecasters were incorrect and we could have stained the staircases this past Saturday. The forecast rain never materialized.
Ice Wanderer glad you had a nice weekend and cooler temperatures to do the staining with your neighbor/boss. May your shoulder not be giving you to much discomfort after all the work .
Hunts2long the governor also plans to open a closed prison in the Harlem section of NYC to house some of the asylum seekers besides using to dorms at Suny campuses. I will have to check news tomorrow evening to see what the federal judge overseeing the hearing in White Plains decides on the current stays Rockland and Orange counties received from state/county judges temporally allowing both counties to block hotels from accepting asylum seekers .
Eddie glad the weather did not affect your grandson's little league game. To bad the pitching change did not help his team get a victory .
Whopper Stopper will be thinking of you and your family later this week. may the funeral and luncheon be a step in helping to deal with Arnie's passing.  So true it being the first step for your sister may all go well settling your BIL's estate and of course the process of adjusting to life without the departed loved one.
IFF best to you with the china sales later this week. Safe trip back to TN. wished for you .
Drifter thanks for the weather report looks like warmer temperatures are paying the Yellow Knife area a visit .
Wallyworld may you have a safe trip home from MA. whenever you depart .

May everyone have a good week. best to all with fishing plans .
   Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2292 on: Jun 05, 2023, 05:15 AM »
46* and sunny.
Eddie, the weather is "cool", my brother had 34* yesterday and the sun had been up awhile. His wife has been improving. Playing it day by day as it looks like some showers everyday. I know Thursday is out as Suburban is coming to move my gas line. Haven't hear of anyone getting much, water is still on the cool side.

WS, sounds like your sister has a great support group and you are all in our thoughts and prayers.

WW, safe travels if on the road today.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2293 on: Jun 05, 2023, 06:01 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....hoping as each day passes one less tear falls and one more smile takes it's place as you all find comfort and strength in each other and your shared memories of Arnie  :angel

H2L....glad to hear Suburban is making an appearance this week  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....sorry the ball game took a turn  :(  grandson had 2 hockey games this weekend, both ended badly for them  ::)

IW.....saw a lot of bikes on I-90 yesterday heading back from Americade, must have been a crazy time in Lake George with the beautiful weather  :whistle:

IFF.....best wishes with the china sales  ;)2

MrC.....you truly can not go by what the weatherman predicts, better to just look out the window   :roflmao:

Made the drive home yesterday, pretty uneventful ride  :clap: back to the logs this week   :flex:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2294 on: Jun 05, 2023, 06:24 AM »
Good Morning H2, Wally, Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy skies and 46*, high of 71 forecasted today.

Marv…think H2 and Wally said it best, got you covered on this end also with the thoughts and prayers.

H2…this cooler weather sure isn’t helping the water temps come up, or my garden lately, lol. Glad your SIL is improving and hope your wife is well.  :thumbsup: 
  Dave…looks like one of those rare times where it’s warmer up in the Great North than it is here, lol. Hope things are going well with you!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…one thing with Little League baseball is how quickly things can go in another direction, lol.  ;D  Speaking of going in another direction, and I know it’s a stretch, but maybe they’re on to something using prisons for housing the illegal immigrants?    :whistle: 
  Bud…good luck and best wishes with the sale, hope everything finds a new good home!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…glad you had safe travels home, hope you had a wonderful time with the family!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope your project went well yesterday and today is a take it easy day!   :thumbsup:

If the 10 day extended forecast is right we’ll be seeing our share of much needed rain moving in. Not seeing much in high temps, think most of my garden is in shock at the moment, lol.
  Two of my sons and my grandson took a ride yesterday morning to West Canada Creek and got into some trout. Nothing too big, but plenty of action to make a great time together.
  Errand day today…Cawfee’s on!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2295 on: Jun 05, 2023, 09:42 AM »
Was a good weekend, some rain here and there but nice to be out and hanging out at the lake. Not much fishing taken place but did manage some time on the water. Almost got the limit but the wife wanted to start packing up and head home, then the other group went out on the jet skis and ski boat, took my boy out and left the daughter. She was upset as I had put our boat on the trailer and was getting all things packed up, so unloaded and took her out and let her jump off the boat and then took her to try and shoot some more carp. She hit one and then got a couple by herself. I got my bow back out and tried to keep them in the bay for her to get more, then it was time to load up and head home, got soaked coming off the lake as the big rain storm moved in. But good times.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2296 on: Jun 05, 2023, 11:12 AM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: FH4
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2297 on: Jun 05, 2023, 02:23 PM »
Started work on cleaning up my old camper for sale.
So far I have about 6 hours into cleaning the roof and front of my camper.
Seems if you leave it in storage for years stuff starts to grow on it.  ::)
It's really hard to remove too. To get it clean I'm using a pressure washer to get some of the growth off and moisten it up so I can scrub it off. Scrubbing by using a wire brush and soap and water takes most of it off but there are still stains from where the growths were attached to the roof. Next I went over it with more soap and a wire wheel on a drill, some places needed this twice before a final pressure wash. I'm not one to just put things up for sale without cleaning them up and fixing any issues. Probably won't have this up for sale until next spring to get the best $$$ for it.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2298 on: Jun 05, 2023, 08:35 PM »
Good evening sunny start to the day then clouds moved in still no rain fall. High temp today was in the low seventies. Doing a quick news check did not see any reports of the federal judge in White Plains, NY. issuing any ruling today concerning Orange and Rockland counties temporary stays on allowing hotels to accept NYC asylum seekers.
Hunts2long nice to hear your SIL is improving after her fall. May the same be true for your wife with her post surgery recovery .
Wallyworld glad you had a safe trip home. Sorry to hear about your grandson's hockey team not playing well this weekend . Best to you with the fire wood processing this week. I agree with your weather comment also thinking the property management company for my complex should see if any of the volunteers are free to stain at least the boiler rooms stairs during Monday-Friday.
Eddie more concern these days about causing injury to young players possible reason for the pitching change. I know there is debate as to what age a pitcher should start throwing certain pitches such as the curve ball to prevent them from injuring their arms .
Fish/hunt4ever good that you were able to go to the lake this weekend sounds like you and the family had a fun time . Thank you for posting the photos.
Drifter I would be worried about the wire brushes not only removing the built up grime but also damaging the camper. Requiring more work by you or someone else to get it ready for eventual sale. What you have done looks good hopefully no deep scratches in camper after using the brushes.

Keep safe,stay healthy. best to all fishing this week.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2299 on: Jun 06, 2023, 02:19 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

67 and partly cloudy. A little cooler today with a high of 85 expected.

I just came in from puttering in the garage. The mosquitoes are completely nuts this year and somehow find a way of making something as enjoyable as puttering miserable.

I am heading back to my sisters this morning to do some spraying and watering for her. She has been inundated with people stopping in to visit and reminisce, so her plants and garden are getting a little dry. She asked if I would like to have breakfast with her, I can hardly wait to see what she whips up. My dad was a staff Sargent in WW2. During his 4 years of service he was head cook in the different field kitchens on the front lines. My sister was head cook at the elementary and senior high schools in our home town. I think most times when she makes meals for me she forgets as he did, that I am a troop of one.

Everything is in place for Wednesday night and Thursday morning. I am sure when it's all done my sister will be totally exhausted. Friday my wife and s-i-l are going to help write out all the Thank you cards. I have a date with an oak tree that I put off until after the funeral.

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2300 on: Jun 06, 2023, 04:23 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                              It's 48* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                              Marv........Arnie must have a great guy to have such a turnout.  :thumbsup: It's good that you are doing so much for your sister during
                   this difficult time. :flex:
                              Wally.......At least the temperature is much cooler than last week for the log work. :clap: I wish I had my load of wood to be working on. :%$#!:
                   The Amaricade was full of bikers here this weekend, they did have nice weather for it. :clap:
                              Eddie.......I heard that there is still a burn advisory here because of the dry conditions. I hope your garden is doing well. :flex: Congrtatulations
                   to your sons on the fishing trip to the West Canada Creek. :clap:
                              Steve.......I've head that some places are having some altercations between the migrants. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                              Bud..........I hope  the sale of the china went well. :unsure:
                              Fish ........Looks like a good camping trip. :thumbsup:
                              My neighbor and I got the staining done around noon on Sunday. And yesterday I cut up the rest of the firewood that I got from the 82 year old
                   friend of my neighbor. At some point I'll head over and get some more.
                              I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2301 on: Jun 06, 2023, 06:02 AM »
Good morning, 51* and overcast.

WS, sure your sister likes the help. Good that she is staying busy.

Not much planned for today, have to go to the hardware store and pick up a ckt. breaker for the new range. The wife and I "may" go look at a house just up the road. It is smaller and this one is just becoming too much work for us these days. We will look but we will "see" what happens. One thing about this other house is that it is in the next county and the taxes are half what they are here.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2302 on: Jun 06, 2023, 07:00 AM »
Morning all,

WS....you are a good brother, I'm sure your sister appreciates all you (and Jo & Jen) do for her  :bow: :bow:

H2L.....the tax break alone sounds like a good reason to "maybe" check it out  :whistle:

IW.....it's so much easier to tackle the wood when it's 70 than when it's 90  ;D

Eddie.....hope your garden is acclimating to the drop in temps  :blink:  mine hasn't really started doing anything yet but at least nothing has died yet either  :woot:

Drifter....good luck getting the camper sale ready  ;)

Back to the saws today, should be ready to start splitting in a day or two  :flex:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2303 on: Jun 06, 2023, 07:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  57* and cloudy, rain expected this afternoon, high of 67.

Marv…that’s what family is all about! Thoughts and prayers are with you all.  :bow: 

H2..good luck with the house shopping if that’s on the planner today, it can’t hurt to look.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…I’m surprised they didn’t put the burn ban back in place here again. Looking like quite a few days over the next 10 days with some rain coming, hopefully we’ll get something out of it.   The boys had a great time fishing, thanks, I’ll send the congrats to them.  :thumbsup:
  Steve…you’re 100% correct on the pitching. Believe the coach pulled the starting pitcher out early so he would be eligible to pitch a partial game again. I never did teach any of my sons to throw a curve ball in Little League, I saw what it did to several players arms growing up myself. One of the best pitchers in my league ended up being a first baseman his entire high school time, his arm was shot.
  Dave…the camper is looking good, amazing sometimes how stuff embeds itself over time! Keep up the good work, hope to see some finish shots when you’re done.  :thumbsup:
  FH4.. thanks for sharing the pictures, congratulations to your daughter sticking a few carp and getting on some walleyes!
Way to go Dad!!  :clap:
  Wally…hope the log pile is dwindling! Cooler weather has definitely been a plus…be careful with the saws!  :thumbsup:
Garden is doing so/so, garlic and cauliflower are doing great…peppers and tomatoes are just creeping along at the moment, but they’re still green!  ;D

Grocery shopping on the planner shortly, that will be an eye opener again, lol. Grandson has another game tonight, will see if the weather allows that or not.  Cawfee’s still hot…

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2304 on: Jun 06, 2023, 07:25 AM »
OS...........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR!

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2305 on: Jun 06, 2023, 02:07 PM »
Happy B'Day OS!!!

Rain and now the smoke has rolled in.  ::)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2306 on: Jun 06, 2023, 02:18 PM »
I'll take the Bday wishes and the RAIN!!! Dryer than a popcorn fart here!!! :whistle: ;)2
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2307 on: Jun 06, 2023, 02:19 PM »
OS...........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR!

WS
THANKS WS!!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2308 on: Jun 06, 2023, 04:45 PM »
OS.....Happy birthday  :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

Drifter.....thanks for sharing but, you can keep your smoke up there  :whistle: :nono:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2309 on: Jun 06, 2023, 05:12 PM »
WW
Not even my smoke. It's coming from Northern BC/NWT Western border area.
Probably some Northern Alberts smoke mixed in for fun.   ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.