Author Topic: Lowrance Hook2 4x Question  (Read 1444 times)

Offline NEW222

• IceShanty Rookie
Lowrance Hook2 4x Question
« on: Jul 31, 2022, 08:44 PM »
So I just acquired a Hook2 4x fishfinder all season bundle. While in Auto or Custom modes in either sonar or flasher screen the display is mainly white and easy to read. However,  when switched to the Ice Fishing mode, both sonar and flasher screens are completely yellow. Any help not information is greatly appreciated. Lowrance manuals truly suck 100% as they don't explain diddly. Thank you.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Lowrance Hook2 4x Question
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2022, 07:00 AM »
If the ducer is not in the water with some depth the unit will act weird.try holding the ducer up in the air above a hard floor.i see its reading 2ft thats why its all cluttered.

Offline NEW222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Aug 01, 2022, 07:13 AM »
Thanks. The cluttered screen was in custom mode, and was functioning normal, the yellow picture was in ice mode and showed nothing. But off to try what you suggested and will report back later. Plus it acted the same when In 12 feet of water as well off the side of the boat.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Aug 01, 2022, 07:31 AM »
Ok.i know lowrance instructions suck.i just got a hook7 hds and all of the instruction books are in different languages but left out english.im sure its a setting issue.good luck

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2022, 08:58 AM »
Give this a whirl. Print it out.

https://www.defender.com/pdf/HOOK2_X_OWNER.pdf
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline NEW222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2022, 07:33 PM »
Thank you. Got it figured out. I ended up adjusting the sensitivity way down to 44% and it now looks as I like it, and can read the screen properly. Now to try and dig up why the transducer has a hole with a white plastic tube through it. There was no mention of anything in the manual. I am assuming there may have been a cable to run through it so as not to strain the connection where it enters the transducer itself.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2022, 09:11 PM »
Thank you. Got it figured out. I ended up adjusting the sensitivity way down to 44% and it now looks as I like it, and can read the screen properly. Now to try and dig up why the transducer has a hole with a white plastic tube through it. There was no mention of anything in the manual. I am assuming there may have been a cable to run through it so as not to strain the connection where it enters the transducer itself.
thats for a wire similar to a coat hanger goes to hang the ducer.lowrance went away from the wire on newer grey colored ducers but kept the wire hole due to vexilar ducer patent.thats what i heard.the newer units dont even come with that rod anymore.i would pool noodle or just hang it in the side of the hole.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.