Author Topic: MarCum MX7  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
MarCum MX7
« on: Jan 17, 2022, 01:54 PM »
Just got the new MX7 2 days ago and playing with the settings to tune it in for shallow water (under 10 feet) fishing. Does anyone have one and have some suggestions. I was told to use the 8-degree ducer but then I have to put the sensitivity up to 22 or 23??
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
Re: MarCum MX7
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2022, 02:38 PM »
Congrats on new unit Mike! This will make you avoid holland as the weeds make flashers near useless. Laker time buddy!

Offline TheStretch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2022, 02:39 PM »
I'd try the 20 degree cone. The 8 would be like a laser beam at 10ft. I run my LX-6 in 10ft all the time and it does fine.

Get the transducer up to where it's only half in the water. This gives you more water to use and the ice hole acts like noise reduction. if you have 12+" of ice, you can get it down half way but none of the vex style under the ice entirely.

Turn all the noise reduction off. If there aren't any other sonar within 10ft of you, you shouldn't need this.

target size to 0

Start all the way at 0 on sensitivity and turn up until you get a solid bottom. Then drop a jig to the bottom and bump up the sensitivity a notch or two if you need to.

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2022, 04:00 PM »
I set mine like this in 12' of water. Graph display-Vertical zoom, chart zoom,dynamic manual depth mode, open water mode, ping on 1, only need the sen.on 2 or 3 and 8 degree cone angle.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2022, 06:17 PM »
I'd use the 20 setting, shallow water the beam will be mighty narrow at 8. Other than that, I'm jealous. I thought the LX7 would be my last machine. I was wrong.  :icefish:

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2022, 07:56 PM »
I'd use the 20 setting, shallow water the beam will be mighty narrow at 8. Other than that, I'm jealous. I thought the LX7 would be my last machine. I was wrong.  :icefish:

Thatks its going to take some fine tuning thats for sure.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2022, 07:58 PM »
Congrats on new unit Mike! This will make you avoid holland as the weeds make flashers near useless. Laker time buddy!
Thanks, I really wanted the LX9 but couldn't drop the grand and already have the older cameras. I was on Holland on Friday with it, had a blast jigging, caught nearly 50 fish but couldn't find gold...moved all over the place. Got a dozen on Thursday.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2022, 08:29 AM »
I use 20° unless in weeds or deep water or to tune out plankton some.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2023, 09:31 AM »
Just got the new MX7 2 days ago and playing with the settings to tune it in for shallow water (under 10 feet) fishing. Does anyone have one and have some suggestions. I was told to use the 8-degree ducer but then I have to put the sensitivity up to 22 or 23??
My mx7 has the same problem with 8 degree doesn’t even read bottom even actually in any depth

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.