Author Topic: lindy frostee spoon size ?  (Read 3725 times)

Offline ougot1

• Team IceShanty Regular
lindy frostee spoon size ?
« on: Nov 26, 2021, 04:14 PM »
I want to get a few frostee spoons for yellw perch and crappie , these fish are medium size and some smaller fish mixed in , what size 1/16 or 1/8 should i get no stores around here carry them ? any help appreciated  !

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: lindy frostee spoon size ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2021, 04:43 PM »
I've always used 1/16 oz for crappie and gills, even though I don't target perch, have caught a lot on that size. Plus, if the fish are finicky, a smaller size is usually suggested. Just my .02. I know they'll hit on 1/8, too.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2021, 08:12 PM »
I've always used 1/16 oz for crappie and gills, even though I don't target perch, have caught a lot on that size. Plus, if the fish are finicky, a smaller size is usually suggested. Just my .02. I know they'll hit on 1/8, too.

Same here, if I’m fishing panfish, I almost always have a 1/16 frostee tied on to one of my rods. If I’m getting into some bigger, aggressive crappies or perch, I like the 1/8 size, but probably 90% of the time, I’m using the 1/16.
Don’t know if price is any better, but customs jigs and spins demon spoon is almost identical profile/sizes.

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2021, 02:04 PM »
I'd go with the 1/16 oz version.  Bigger fish will eat that, but smaller fish may not eat the 1/8 oz version.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2021, 02:12 PM »
I use 1/32 spoons for all panfish with a #18 treble. Northland Forage Spoons to be specific. Tip them with Wigglers if you're lucky enough to get them. Big gills and perch love em.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2021, 02:25 PM »
I use same size as Iceassin but sometimes swap hook out with chain and small single hook.smallest slender spoon and chain is deadly with a minnow or  minnow head for specks too.

Offline Winds-of-Thor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2021, 07:28 AM »
Same here, if I’m fishing panfish, I almost always have a 1/16 frostee tied on to one of my rods. If I’m getting into some bigger, aggressive crappies or perch, I like the 1/8 size, but probably 90% of the time, I’m using the 1/16.
Don’t know if price is any better, but customs jigs and spins demon spoon is almost identical profile/sizes.

The Demon spoon size 6 is 1/12 oz. and a nice general panfish size.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2022, 02:06 PM »
I want to get a few frostee spoons for yellw perch and crappie , these fish are medium size and some smaller fish mixed in , what size 1/16 or 1/8 should i get no stores around here carry them ? any help appreciated  !
                      Getting gear ready I found 9 new Frosty's let me know if you want them   Black& Silver with yellow eye and black dot inside for eyeball

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.