Author Topic: Colorado Lake Trout  (Read 1129 times)

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
Colorado Lake Trout
« on: Jan 15, 2006, 08:54 PM »
Colorado Lake Trout fishers

What do you guys find in the stomachs of your trout?  Do they ever puke anything up?

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
Re: Colorado Lake Trout
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2006, 09:11 PM »
I've found corn, powerbait, and sometimes plastics in their stomachs. they are full of mysis shrimp most of the time though. kept 1 this ice season and it had a perch in its stomach. This lake (blue mesa) just started getting a few perch in it within the last couple of years, and it is the only laker lake with perch in it in Colorado (to my knowledge). Hopefully though, the lakers will start eating perch so they don't take hold. They could make matters worse than they already are at blue mesa (aka big blue).
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
Re: Colorado Lake Trout
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2006, 11:29 PM »
In Colorado mackinaws are scavengers. I rarely even find rainbow trout in their stomachs during winter. They usually eat suckers and mysis shrimp in the winter unless their are kokanee to eat. This is why they do not suspend and bite so light, they aren't actively preying on fish in the winter, but scavenging around.
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.