Author Topic: most unforgettable footage?  (Read 7509 times)

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
most unforgettable footage?
« on: Feb 10, 2005, 03:34 PM »
Hi everyone,
 I have reviewed all of you fishing videos and they all are awesome, keep up the good work. Can't wait to see more. I have a question for you all what are your most unforgettable moments or images you have seen with the cameras?

For me so far it has been with pike. I have had 3 pike at a time curcling like sharks and each of them slashed at the lure, the last one was hooked and wrapped around my camera. The neat thing was when I brough it in, It was like looking through the fish's eyes as the camera was sitting on his back. Another time I had a pike that refused every lure I showed him, I would bump and tap it hoping for a strike, he must have hung around for over and hour. As I watched him I noticed he had part of his upper tail fin missing and a scar down his side. Finally he faded into the gloom and was gone.At the end of the day I was chatting with a fellow angler that was fishing a 1000 yards down the lake. He showed me the fish he had just caught and would you believe it, it was the same pike I had saw on camera, same scar on side and upper half of the tail fin missing.
It just goes to show you how far the fish move in a short time in there never ending search for food. LOL everytime I see a pike stalking my lure out of the gloom I think of the Jaws music, might be good muisc to use in a video.

Good Fishing everyone, and keep those cameras safely rolling!   :tipup: ;D

Water Wolf

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: most unforgettable footage?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2005, 01:25 AM »
Surely someone has a neat story to share? Come on guys don't be shy. Any story is welcome.  :D

Water Wolf

Offline southend517

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saginaw Bay MI
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2005, 06:36 AM »
If the river I often fish in was clearer I would have some really good stories.  I could probably find Jimmy Hoffa in the Saginaw River.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2005, 01:30 PM »
Hi southend517
 No problem, you sure must have muddy water, sounds like a good area for catfish.
Good fishing. :)

Water Wolf

Offline AD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Hadn't gotten to use my Atlantis too much yet.   put it down sunday and didn't see anything so I went to check tip-ups and jig elsewhere, came back a bit later and their was a school of shiners, small to medium sized sitting there just letting the perch inhale them.     The bait wasn't even moving, the perch were filling themselves.    Realized that that is why we were marking them on the vex but they weren't too interested, except for a few dinks, they were full on shiners.
   Only other time I have really gotten to use it was in our 29 gallon fish tank for a test run.   Boy were those goldfish confused.     :woot:
It doesn't matter if you didn't catch anything as long as you had fun.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Hi Alaskan Dreams,
 Neat story, I bet your goldfish were confused, glad you did see some fish though. Last time I went ice fishing, I saw lots of shiners too, as far as I could see there were shiners, it was like watching and aquarium. Did not see a single predator fish that day, but they are entertaining to watch, they had no fear and would attack my lure which was the same size at them. Just before night fall I did get a 4 lb pike, but did not see her come in. :tipup:

Water Wolf

Offline walleye hunters

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2007, 10:46 PM »
that water looks pretty turbid

BEEN WISHIN TO DO SOME HARD WATER FISHIN

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.