Author Topic: right to work  (Read 14982 times)

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: right to work
« Reply #210 on: Jan 27, 2012, 02:10 PM »
Come on Crappie66....you mean people are supposed to actually research and know what it is they are b%$^ing about instead of just repeating what they heard from someone else at the water cooler or bar?  :roflmao:

Wax.  Do you mean that the stuff at the water cooler is not true???  CRAP!!!!! :roflmao:

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #211 on: Jan 27, 2012, 03:47 PM »
So why is it then when would go to union meetings at that time everyone was complaining about it?  And just how much more do you think we export with union labor behind it vs. how much we import with substandard wages?  Just because there is an increase in trade doesn't mean that any of that money found its way here.  All it did was to give companies like ge and 3m a better incentive to move operations south if they weren't getting dinged with tariffs on the way back in....which is exactly what they did.  All of those jobs here in Minnesota were lost to Mexico.  Still think its labor friendly?

Offline Mr. gill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #212 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:10 PM »
I don't think the united states can compete with the wages that other country's pay and work their kids in sweat shops. $3-5 an hour is that a livable wage?

Offline heinidog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #213 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:27 PM »
USW Oilworker keep up the good fight!!! DITCH MITCH and vote out the others!!! ;D

Offline kodiak88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #214 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:29 PM »
I don't think the united states can compete with the wages that other country's pay and work their kids in sweat shops. $3-5 an hour is that a livable wage?

true, but the dollar is going down the crapter quicklly is 12 enough to make a living? 15? everything keeps raising, gas food ect except for peoples wages
“Many of you have in your veins Geman and Italian blood. But remember that these ancestors of yours so loved freedom that they gave up home and country to cross the ocean in search of liberty. The ancestors of the people we shall kill lacked the courage to make such a sacrifice and remained slaves.” — George S. Patton

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #215 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:41 PM »

As long as the liberals are willing to let illegal immigrants flood this country and attempt to grant them citizenship while they have done nothing but break the law, steal identities, traffic drugs, fleece american programs for the needy, and drive wages into the ground for factory jobs, people are going to have to learn to live on less.   And don't give the 'company line' about they are just here to make a better life for themselves.  Aren't we all doing that?  But it is not legal for me to go into someones house that is more wealthy than I and set up shop, under the excuse that I am just making a better life for myself.  For you and I that is breaking and entering and we go to jail.  For the illegals, they are rewarded for breaking the law.  Fair isn't it?

Offline Mr. gill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #216 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:47 PM »
The illegal immigrant is out of control in the U.S.

Offline kodiak88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #217 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:53 PM »
i agree wax.........the border jumpers fled the hell holes they came from and then come over here and spit all over this country while the politicians do nothing because they want the vote, honestly makes me sick aiding and bedding, illegals tieing up hospitals at our cost because it's free for them to go in there for a COLD...........all the money that is spent on translators because illegals don't want to assimilate, they want to decimate......1/3 prisoners are illegals, but they all come here for work right?
“Many of you have in your veins Geman and Italian blood. But remember that these ancestors of yours so loved freedom that they gave up home and country to cross the ocean in search of liberty. The ancestors of the people we shall kill lacked the courage to make such a sacrifice and remained slaves.” — George S. Patton

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #218 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:02 PM »
Wonder who hires these illegals? Wonder who profits from them being here? When you figure that out - then your starting to see the BIG picture.
See now if we don't get another big push up here in Indiana soon.
Tom

Offline kodiak88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #219 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:02 PM »
there was just an article not long ago stating that the mexican states along the border are more dangerous, had more casualties than afghanistan...bring our boys home from all these turd world nations and put them on the border

Offline kodiak88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #220 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:05 PM »
Wonder who hires these illegals? Wonder who profits from them being here? When you figure that out - then your starting to see the BIG picture.

my buddy in construction said ins came in and deported a bunch of illegals from a site...he said within the week they got deported bacl to mexico and were back on the site working within a week, all at our expense of course

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #221 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:07 PM »
I want to ask one question..........If I was a business owner in the trades,  why would I want the union ?  Just askin'

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #222 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:26 PM »
Who says it just Unions that they replace. Most of the Companys I see are non-Union companys, roofers, small electrical companys, construction. We are all replaceable-don't think your not.lol
Tom

Offline Mr. gill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #223 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:45 PM »
You are also correct Wallin. Only 10% of Indiana's work force is unionized.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #224 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:48 PM »
My question wasnt answered.  If I own a company.......why would I want it to be union?

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #225 on: Jan 27, 2012, 06:22 PM »
My question wasnt answered.  If I own a company.......why would I want it to be union?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you mention that politics don't mesh well on this boards, but yet you still contribute...  ??? You get a "c'mon man"!
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #226 on: Jan 27, 2012, 06:26 PM »

A few business owners profit....it is not hard to see the big picture.  The problem still starts with letting illegals come over the border unchecked, and then blocking every effort to stop it and deport those that are apprehended.  If you stop the flow of them coming, and deport those that are here abusing the system and fine any business caught using illegal workers, the problem will go away.  Fine companies an amount high enough that there is no profit large enough to be made from using illegal workers that could offset the penalty of being caught.   Give some of the soldiers coming home good paying jobs as border patrol agents with the authority to shoot to kill, just like you would if someone was breaking into your home.  The threat of being shot dead will be enough to stem the flow of those attempting an illegal crossing.  Of course none of this will ever happen, but I would hate to be one of those competing for a job against the flood of illegals in this country today.  Nothing is going to change with the current Administration, in fact his solution is to make them all legal citizens.   ::)  Reward illegal activity...yeah that will work and deter others from wanting to come across.

Hopefully this has got political enough JT shuts it down!   ;D

Offline wheatfield Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #227 on: Jan 27, 2012, 06:28 PM »
The highly trained and skilled workforce. .  Notice any area that has strict building codes also has the stronger union shops. 

Rico, what kind of company is what makes a difference.

Offline Mhofferman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #228 on: Jan 27, 2012, 08:15 PM »
Can we move this crap to another part of the board.....MOD!

Offline Skinnybenny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasin' Only Monsters,Catchin' Only Bait
« Reply #229 on: Jan 27, 2012, 09:31 PM »
Ive had about every type of worker work for me and when i get one thats former union and ive had about 4 of them , they all suffer from the same attitude ......... lazy, aint my job, i'm not making enough money mentality.   Unions when they were started were  a great thing now what they morphed into is a bunch of guys who hide behind the cloak of the union in order to be protected and cant stand for the business it self to grow and be suscessful and cant stand other workers to try and compete for the same job!  Till that union mentality goes ,jobs are gonna continually keep going south of border and hard workers workers are gonna keep coming north to take your cushy jobs!  Ive been raised to work hard and if you want something work harder and set goals and keep a positive attitude .and every union worker i know doesn't buy into the same belief system they want to suck all the life out of a company they want full benefits and pensions and don't want to work hard and put in there time to achieve it!
ive been wanting to say this but i was hoping this stupid thread would have been shut dont before i typed it
Give a man a Fish,Feed him for a day:Teach Him to Fish And He will Be Preoccupied the rest of his Life

Offline kodiak88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #230 on: Jan 27, 2012, 09:55 PM »
Ive had about every type of worker work for me and when i get one thats former union and ive had about 4 of them , they all suffer from the same attitude ......... lazy, aint my job, i'm not making enough money mentality.   Unions when they were started were  a great thing now what they morphed into is a bunch of guys who hide behind the cloak of the union in order to be protected and cant stand for the business it self to grow and be suscessful and cant stand other workers to try and compete for the same job!  Till that union mentality goes ,jobs are gonna continually keep going south of border and hard workers workers are gonna keep coming north to take your cushy jobs!  Ive been raised to work hard and if you want something work harder and set goals and keep a positive attitude .and every union worker i know doesn't buy into the same belief system they want to suck all the life out of a company they want full benefits and pensions and don't want to work hard and put in there time to achieve it!
ive been wanting to say this but i was hoping this stupid thread would have been shut dont before i typed it

well stated, good luck trying to get the union thugs, or their siblings to realize that tho......."fat people have fat kids too"

Offline ole green moe

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Offical Member of Fisherman Against Penguins
« Reply #231 on: Jan 27, 2012, 09:58 PM »
And I think JT has officially left the building!!!
Northern Indiana---Where men are men, and Penguins run scared!!!!

Offline BIGKAT9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #232 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:21 PM »
As long as the liberals are willing to let illegal immigrants flood this country and attempt to grant them citizenship while they have done nothing but break the law, steal identities, traffic drugs, fleece american programs for the needy, and drive wages into the ground for factory jobs, people are going to have to learn to live on less.   And don't give the 'company line' about they are just here to make a better life for themselves.  Aren't we all doing that?  But it is not legal for me to go into someones house that is more wealthy than I and set up shop, under the excuse that I am just making a better life for myself.  For you and I that is breaking and entering and we go to jail.  For the illegals, they are rewarded for breaking the law.  Fair isn't it?
Hey Wax do you really think it's just the liberals that want the illegals here come on bussiness wants them here because they work cheap .dont ;;itch about conditions go out to eat an see how many are just in the resturant biz ,also both DEMS and REP are going to make a big deal out of immagration reform to woo the Hispanic vote .SKINNYBENNYjust wondering what does your company do? YEA we need to do away with the unions the companys will treat us right , like the PULLMAN COMPANY ,A REGULAR UTOPIA youpaid rent to him because you lived in his house ,went to his church. went to his store an after you got paid there wasn/t enough to pay the bills so you owed the company an he'd raise the cost but lower pay  same thing in the coal mines  what makes people think that it wont go back to that

Offline BIGKAT9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #233 on: Jan 28, 2012, 12:04 AM »
SHOOT  TO KILL ,     WOW       I'm glad i won the babby lottery an was born in the US cause im' to old to run, to fat to hide. put yourself in the illegal shoes in Mexico he's got low wages ,no benefits .bad working  conditions can be fired any time ,no protection from bad employers ,sounds like a right to work state  i might have to head for the border myself  [CANADA]

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #234 on: Jan 28, 2012, 12:12 AM »
SHOOT  TO KILL ,     WOW       I'm glad i won the babby lottery an was born in the US cause im' to old to run, to fat to hide. put yourself in the illegal shoes in Mexico he's got low wages ,no benefits .bad working  conditions can be fired any time ,no protection from bad employers ,sounds like a right to work state  i might have to head for the border myself  [CANADA]

Yeah so they can take half of your retirement to pay for social programs?   This whole debacle should tell everyone to be a bit more self reliant...start relying on yourself instead of relying on the government.  What the government givith...they can take away!

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #235 on: Jan 28, 2012, 12:41 AM »
If you owned a company, you may or may not want a union. They work on structured contracts. Both parties are bound by a contract and each expect a guarantee of a service performed or a wage. Some times this could be a 1 or 2 day job. Other times the contract may last 5 years.  Unfortunately for all non union people in America, its our right to organize and unionize. This country will never be free of unions. Thank you Freedom

RTW is an attempt to break unions. It may hurt smaller shops but it wont affect the bigger companies. What it will do is lower wages as a whole(NON UNION). Ive heard people say that we all need to make less money and learn to get by on less. Well maybe some people find that comforting. I suggest they go to work Monday and tell their boss that they will forfiet some of THEIR wages and leave my job alone thank you.

Illegals= I think its funny how we argue about this as it is our very Govt's fault in the first place. Yes it is a problem. HUGE. I dont know all the answers on this but Illegal does mean Illegal.

Offline BIGKAT9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #236 on: Jan 28, 2012, 12:53 AM »
Who going to take half your retirement ?The debate is about right to work  was wondering when Walker was running for governor did he say he was going to not allow state workers to have union representation .Also pipeboy are you still a union member

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #237 on: Jan 28, 2012, 12:55 AM »
Im sorry for your experience with lazy people. As long as you dont believe every union worker is lazy. I can understand your frustration although because I feel it too.

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #238 on: Jan 28, 2012, 01:19 AM »

well stated, good luck trying to get the union thugs, or their siblings to realize that tho......."fat people have fat kids too"
Kodiak= Thats awesome, I almost wasted some beer on my keyboard ;D

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #239 on: Jan 28, 2012, 02:52 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you mention that politics don't mesh well on this boards, but yet you still contribute...  ??? You get a "c'mon man"!

And a well deserved one!!!!!!!!!  But I didnt say I wasn't passionate about it! ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.