Author Topic: Rice Lake open for Ice Fishing next year?  (Read 863 times)

Offline Airs24

• Team IceShanty Regular
Rice Lake open for Ice Fishing next year?
« on: Oct 19, 2009, 11:26 AM »
I heard a rumor that as of next year, Rice Lake will be open for Ice Fishing.  Can anyone confirm this or at least have any additional info as to the validity of this rumor?  For the anglers in this area, that would be heaven if it was true...  Lots of Crappie, Perch, Walleye and Gill's. 

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: Rice Lake open for Ice Fishing next year?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2009, 12:23 PM »
They have been talking about that for years...the problem is that the land/water is owned by a group that gets the final say. They were also looking at closing another body if water (scugog) if and when they decide to open Rice.

I love Rice lake, it is a multi species lake that would be great for ice fishing ... But I personally don't see it happening

Offline johnnyb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish on fish on fish on!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2009, 06:54 PM »
So far, everything I've heard says that it is pretty close to happening, however it would be a panfish only season.   
The harder the better!

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2009, 07:11 PM »
really...no walleye? the crappie fishing owuld be pretty good on Rice, thats on big flat lake, it would take some time to find where they are hiding

Offline Airs24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2009, 09:26 PM »
My source is a small resort operator south of Keene, but I know people sometimes get excited and rumors can run rampant.  I have been hearing lot more then normal on this becoming true but I still haven't read or heard anything official.  I really can't express how much I would love for Rice Lake to open for ice fishing!  10-15min drive for some wicked crappie action is way better then the 45min drive that it takes to go to Jack's Lake...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.