The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Icegator Attacker Review ........  (Read 69510 times)

FISHFORPIKE

Re: Icegator Attacker Review ........
« Reply #120 on: Sep 16, 2010, 11:21 AM »
Spoke with Joe Pikulski at Ice-Gator this AM.  Had some very interesting conversation about what IceGator is up to.  Hang on folks - they are going to have some fine products in the near future.  Can't wait for my next auger purchase; if I ever need another, that is.   ;D

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #121 on: Sep 22, 2010, 10:50 AM »
I agree   chatted with Greg  and Dee today    lots of good stuff happening  one thing is potential buyers think about the LiIon batteries!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #122 on: Sep 30, 2010, 01:14 PM »
I picked up the new Ice Gator Attacker ll model on Tuesday...bring on the ice!!!

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #123 on: Sep 30, 2010, 03:44 PM »
I picked up the new Ice Gator Attacker ll model on Tuesday...bring on the ice!!!
Did ya get the new LiIon Battery?  What do you have, or planning on, for an auger bit?  Just curious.  What do you think of the switch?
You will really like that auger this winter.  ;D

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #124 on: Oct 01, 2010, 01:15 PM »
Talked to Greg this morning and he said new switches will be sent out in the next two weeks.

does this mean that people that bought units last year will get replacement switches sent out?

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #125 on: Oct 01, 2010, 03:58 PM »
does this mean that people that bought units last year will get replacement switches sent out?

I think may have to call and make the request.
I'm not sure I want to change mine out, until I see the new ones.  I've not had any issues with mine at all and I kind of like the reverse option, which is gone on the new model.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #126 on: Oct 01, 2010, 04:24 PM »
mine sticks almost as much as it doesn't.  tired of almost having an arm ripped off/trying to get ahold of a spinning auger  ::)  that's if the wires to the battery don't melt first...i'd gladly give up reverse for something that worked properly.

Offline Ice Hopper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #127 on: Oct 08, 2010, 06:07 AM »
I've been running one of the original Gators now for 2 yrs on the tourney trail and won't go back to gas.

Ice Gator's new units absolutely ROCK, and Lithium maybe a bit pricey, but is totally worth the money if you like to run and gun like Joe and I do.  I hope I'll be able to get one of the new units with the Lithium Ion's this year.  It will really make one handed carry easy and balance me out with my Sonic Ice Hopper/HBR in the other hand.

That's the ultimate Ice Troller's, hole hopp'n combo.  But then again I'm a little biased :)
*REMOVED*

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #128 on: Oct 14, 2010, 08:55 PM »
mine sticks almost as much as it doesn't.  tired of almost having an arm ripped off/trying to get ahold of a spinning auger  ::)  that's if the wires to the battery don't melt first...i'd gladly give up reverse for something that worked properly.
   I hear you on this switch!I have an older unit that gets as much use as many others on here and my switch sometimes works and sometimes doesn't! I contacted Dee and she referred me to Greg. A few days later I got an e mail saying that to replace the 2 button switch, its quite complicated to do. I could send mine in for a new switch for $60 plus shipping or he would take mine in trade and sell me a new one for retail less 20%. I tried and sprayed alittle silicone spray on the 2 buttons and they work perfectly now.In all this unit has been flawless and does a great job.

Offline fishman31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #129 on: Oct 19, 2010, 04:21 PM »
Spoke with Joe Pikulski at Ice-Gator this AM.  Had some very interesting conversation about what IceGator is up to.  Hang on folks - they are going to have some fine products in the near future.  Can't wait for my next auger purchase; if I ever need another, that is.   ;D

Oh yes some great things are to come.  What a great product.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #130 on: Oct 19, 2010, 05:35 PM »
I had the switch problem once stuck on me   was moisture that got around the buttons   When I got home  I added some dielectric greese around the button where it meets the case   and never had that issue again

Offline vexaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #131 on: Nov 02, 2010, 11:19 PM »
What auger seems to work best with this Icegator power head?

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #132 on: Nov 03, 2010, 07:00 AM »
I use an 8" Nils with the power point.  Drills ice like butter!  8)

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #133 on: Nov 03, 2010, 07:51 AM »
No complaints with my 6 inch lazer
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #134 on: Nov 27, 2010, 06:48 AM »
If anyone is in the market for an Attacker, I have 2 left that are on clearance. Time to make room for new stuff! PM me for price  ;)

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #135 on: Jan 12, 2011, 06:00 PM »
I got mine attacker last year and love it. I have had no issues other than dropping the battery housing a few feet when it was cols and the screws popped out of it. I drill through 3 feet of ice regularly and while i can get about 18-20 holes on a charge I am fine with it. Question does the new 36 volt auger have a different motor or gear box? Could i get a 36volt battery and be good to go on my 24 volt system?

Offline ryanlookingforperch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #136 on: Jan 27, 2011, 10:24 AM »
This is a great question...as well...should I be expecting new switches?

Cheers!!
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #137 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:28 PM »
Well, I am on year 2 with my IceGator Attacker. Always worked great. This year I have had 3 issues with it.

1) I lost a thumb screw that holds the cover to the batteries in place.
 (I emailed them and then received a call and a new one should be on the way shortly.)

2) The threaded hole on the adapter for my ice auger has stripped from tightening. It's made out of aluminum...which from my experience threaded holes don't last too long.
(It is currently in the tool room at work and will have new holes put in rotated 90 degrees. If that doesn't last I will have to have the top section made out of steel.)

3) I was out this past weekend and while drilling my holes I could hear a rattle. I thought the auger was coming loose from the shaft of my Gator.
(As it turns out, 4 of the 5 welds on the flutes to my auger have broken loose. It is also in the tool room being welded back together.)

Hopeflully all will be ready to go by this weekend.
jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #138 on: Jan 31, 2011, 08:34 PM »
What do you mean new holes rotated 90 degrees?  You mean a new hole at a 90 to the old hole?  Is this a better option than tap n die?  Are you going to use the same bolt type?  I am sure curious to a fix for this!!

I started to notice just before mine went down (which has been fixed by the gator folks...no problem), that mine is starting to strip. I fear it will not be long until I face this problem.

Any info is appreciated.

Cheers!!

“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #139 on: Jan 31, 2011, 08:38 PM »
I put a new set of holes in my Gator adapter 90 degrees from the threaded ones so that I could put a pin in it.
The pin had a retaining clip attached to it (pivot at one end, and latch over the end of the pin).
Made for quick connect/disconnect of the motor from the bit.

MD

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #140 on: Jan 31, 2011, 08:47 PM »
I thought about the pin and retaining clip also, but was told it would "Mushroom" the edges of the holes of the shaft on the Gator because it was not tight. I liked the idea of it being a quick disconnect, too. No more threading it on and off to take apart/put together.

I also thought about pressing a threaded insert on the adapter but there just isn't enough room and it's not flat.

I guess if it does get stripped, you could always use a longer bolt and put a nut on the outside of the adapter.
jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #141 on: Jan 31, 2011, 09:55 PM »
Thanks for the explinations and tips.

If it comes down to getting totally stripped I would call icegator, see what my best option is, then of course fall back to the great info from great folks I get here.

In honesty, they give me a rifle, not a wrench....not smart enough for
The wrench yet. Lol.

Fire good. Fire hot.

I can be thick sometimes and am glad people share info here like they do

Cheers!!

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #142 on: Jan 31, 2011, 10:06 PM »
I thought about the pin and retaining clip also, but was told it would "Mushroom" the edges of the holes of the shaft on the Gator because it was not tight. I liked the idea of it being a quick disconnect, too. No more threading it on and off to take apart/put together.

(Image removed from quote.)

I also thought about pressing a threaded insert on the adapter but there just isn't enough room and it's not flat.

I guess if it does get stripped, you could always use a longer bolt and put a nut on the outside of the adapter.

I found a pin that was a real good fit.  I admit, I kept it only a year and a half, but it was nice being able to quickly separate the motor/bit.

MD

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #143 on: Jan 31, 2011, 10:52 PM »
I use that pin set up and no problems with that I catually got one that was just a tad bigger than the hole in the shaft and drilled it out fits tight no wobbleing at all.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #144 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:03 AM »
I stayed with the bolt in the adapter  no issues  set it in a 6 gal bucket to charge   but still dissconnect the auger with the strikemaster wing nut    no issues!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #145 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:11 AM »
Stayed with the bolt in the adapter...but use a wing nut?

...I am lost...

See what I mean about "thick"?  LOL.

Cheers!!

Offline flyfishr

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Revenuers don't stand a chance
« Reply #146 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:32 AM »
On Strikemaster Lazer hand augers they have a wing bolt that you screw out to adjust the height of the handle in one of three positions.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #147 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:38 AM »
Ah, Roger.

Thanks

Cheers!

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #148 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:40 AM »
 well at long last when i finally got my auger after months of waiting icegator had neglected to send any hardware along.  i tried calling, couldn't get through and wasn't about to wait around for them, so found some bolts that worked well enough but i like that pin idea.  going to pick one of those up  next time i'm in town.

Offline ddubs3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #149 on: Mar 14, 2011, 10:33 AM »
I have the Icegater Attacker 2.  I used it all this season and loved it.  Most holes I've drilled is 30 holes through 15" of ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.