Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1624250 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17970 on: Dec 18, 2019, 08:59 AM »
WS......sorry for your loss  :(  thoughts and prayers to family and friends

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17971 on: Dec 18, 2019, 09:25 AM »
Good morning around thirty outside yesterday's storm left me with mostly ice tree branches still coated and sparkling when the sun light hits them. Like others in the North East will see a cold spell until Sunday when things warm up again. Hopefully the roller coaster temperatures ends so ice can start building. I see in the South Eastern NY. thread some folks are making plans to fish this weekend possibly some small shallow bodies of water will have enough ice though some folks will fish on 2 inches .
Eddie sorry you will have no venison for ice fishing this year. I agree spending a day outdoors is a treat in itself any game caught or harvested is a bonus.
Ice wanderer may your wife agree with your meal choice. Best to her with the radiation treatments.
Hunts2long seems like majority of folks wait until last minute to complete holiday gift shopping and then plan and shop for the holiday meal.
Whopper Stopper condolences on the loss of a family member. may you find insurance coverage for the spearing shack. Believe we have similar requirement on reflective material for shanty's left on the ice here in NY. Ditto everyone's comments on replacing the brake lines on your truck not cheap but things could have  been worse if you collide with another vehicle  or went off the road and hit some large object like a tree.
Tom Turkey get your son or some one else to help if the roof needs a temporary repair until you can put metal roofing on in the spring.
Wallyworld may you not see any Lake Effect snow white Christmas's are nice but you might not get to Boston to see son and his family.
Icefisher-45 have a nice dinner out with your wife. hope you get the Jeep back soon.

Have a good day. Best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17972 on: Dec 18, 2019, 01:14 PM »
OS......fingers crossed it was you that won $372 in the mega million drawing  :woot: :thumbsup: :clap: 

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #17973 on: Dec 18, 2019, 01:26 PM »
OS......fingers crossed it was you that won $372 in the mega million drawing  :woot: :thumbsup: :clap:
Uncross your fingers!!! It weren't me!!  :woot: :%$#!: :flex: ;)2 :roflmao:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17974 on: Dec 18, 2019, 01:41 PM »
Sorry to read that OS.

I was going to ask if you would pay for my repair if you had the lucky ticket ;D

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17975 on: Dec 18, 2019, 01:45 PM »
WS......sorry for your loss  :(  thoughts and prayers to family and friends

Thanks WW. They are in a much better place after a long fight with cancer.

I was starting to wonder why such a sweet person had to go through so much pain.

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17976 on: Dec 18, 2019, 02:42 PM »
Sorry to read that OS.

I was going to ask if you would pay for my repair if you had the lucky ticket ;D

WS
  :woot: :roflmao: :clap: :flex: :thumbsup: ;)2 :bow:  Sorry about OUR bad luck!!! ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17977 on: Dec 18, 2019, 04:48 PM »
Evening All,
  Marv, so sorry to read about your loss, My Sincere Condolences sent to you and the family.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17978 on: Dec 18, 2019, 05:48 PM »
Evening All,
  Marv, so sorry to read about your loss, My Sincere Condolences sent to you and the family.

Thanks Eddie!
I appreciate that.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17979 on: Dec 18, 2019, 05:54 PM »
Thanks WW. They are in a much better place after a long fight with cancer.

I was starting to wonder why such a sweet person had to go through so much pain.

WS
It makes you wonder, doesn't it?? My condolences also Marv!! :'(

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17980 on: Dec 19, 2019, 02:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
 Making ice here this morning!   :clap:   6* with some strong NW winds howling this am, high of 17 today.

Marv...again, my condolences on your loss, thoughts and prayers sent to you and the family Sir.  Sorry to read about the break repair, but if your luck is like mine, lol, it would probably be best bite the bullet and get the kit done. Best of luck with your decision.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...best wishes to your wife today with her radiologist appointment, thoughts and prayers continued for her.   :thumbsup:
  H2...you’re so right about just being able to get out making it worth while... :thumbsup:  These winds aren’t the best for making ice with open water, but the temps should help locking up more of your reservoir today/tomorrow.
  Tom...I didn’t see one set of fresh tracks on my way in to the stand either....haven’t seen a deer even off the road to and from work the last couple of days...strange.
  Wally...how are the lakes coming along out your way?
  I-45... hope you had a nice time with your wife yesterday, glad to read her numbers are in check!   :thumbsup:

Not certain what’s on our agenda today...they had concrete scheduled, but I can’t see that happening without an enclosure. These 35mph winds aren’t going to be any help, lol.
  That time again....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17981 on: Dec 19, 2019, 05:13 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :thumbsup:

14 climbing into the 20's later today, it looks like mid to upper 30's through Christmas.

Eddie thanks again and thanks to everyone that offered their condolences. Once again what a great group of people.

IW best of luck to your wife today, prayers for an excellent outcome

WW is the cookie factory closed ???

Yesterday I picked the truck up and all is well, I was glad no hidden problems were found.

I also heard back from the insurance company and the house is good to go. It seemed like a lot of hoopla for nothing as is was added into our home owners policy. I am good to use it with no stipulations to its use. Best of all $29.00 a year.

We may be into the 40's by Christmas so do I put it out or do I wait.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17982 on: Dec 19, 2019, 06:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 7* here this morning. Supposed to be in the 30s today. My wife is working today. She loaded the Jeep with trash so Mr Dickens and me could go to the dump. She said someone would probably help me. Got the Jeep back last night. Went to a local garage who said it was running rich and put a new air filter and plugs. The old air filter was melted and 3 of the plugs were the bottom part were smashed. Jeep is running better and no gas smell last night.

Whopper Stopper, My condolences and prayers to you and your family for your loss.

Mason Eddie, will you work all day with the high winds and extreme cold?

Old Sailor, I’m sorry you didn’t win the lottery.

WallyWorld, Are you coming to Massachusetts for Christmas?

Ice Wanderer, May your wife have a safe trip home today.

I hope everyone stays warm and safe today. Ponds we drove by yesterday weren’t quite frozen. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17983 on: Dec 19, 2019, 06:20 AM »
Morning all,

WS......sounds like waiting until AFTER Christmas might be the best move, don't want the new house to take a dip  :nono: :blink: :icefish:  cookies are done except for a pan of raspberry crumb bars for my son which I'll make Sunday so they're fresh for our trip to MA Monday  ;)2

Eddie.....hope they found some inside work for you today  :-\  don't think there's much ice to be had locally yet, things don't usually get going till after New Years  ;)

IW.....best wishes to MrsIW at her appointment  :)

OS.....sorry you weren't "it"  :'( :'(

4* here now, wind chill is -11*  :blink:  good for making ice but not much else  ::) 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17984 on: Dec 19, 2019, 06:54 AM »
Good Morning ER's    17* here and warming to 32  later. Have a good day all. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17985 on: Dec 19, 2019, 07:02 AM »
-3 this morning and clear.

WS, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Glad you got the coverage for the "house" and the price is right.

WW, the long range weather forecast looks good for your trip.

Eddie, doesn't seems to be a lot of deer movement around here either. I think a lot of it is they are up in the hills where most of the nuts are and now that season is closed they are just staying put. The ones I have seen, have all been laying down.

Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17986 on: Dec 19, 2019, 01:17 PM »
Good afternoon everyone  :bow:

I got some good news today, kind of an early Christmas present.

We have closed your dispute

Merchant Name: PAYPAL *QUALITYMETA
Amount of Transaction: 1168.13

We are pleased to let you know that the temporary credit we posted to your account for 1168.13 on 11/10/2019 is now permanent.

Your dispute is now closed.
A dispute final close letter will be sent through the US postal service.

Even though I couldn't see how he could argue about it, it's nice to know it is finally over.

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17987 on: Dec 19, 2019, 01:32 PM »
Good afternoon everyone  :bow:

I got some good news today, kind of an early Christmas present.

We have closed your dispute

Merchant Name: PAYPAL *QUALITYMETA
Amount of Transaction: 1168.13

We are pleased to let you know that the temporary credit we posted to your account for 1168.13 on 11/10/2019 is now permanent.

Your dispute is now closed.
A dispute final close letter will be sent through the US postal service.

Even though I couldn't see how he could argue about it, it's nice to know it is finally over.

WS

He sure as hell dragged his feet on a situation he could not win!!! Good news!!!  :clap: :flex: :thumbsup: :whistle: :icefish:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17988 on: Dec 19, 2019, 02:39 PM »
Yay  ;D ;D happy for you  :)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17989 on: Dec 19, 2019, 02:41 PM »
It's good to get good news ws

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17990 on: Dec 19, 2019, 04:19 PM »
Good day fellow 9:45ers  only reached the mid twenties today couple more cold days then warming up on Monday. I sure plenty of folks will be headed out fishing this weekend. may we not see any stories here on I.S. or TV news about rescues or recoveries come Monday. I made arrangements for me to get an expensive Christmas present a 2015 GMC Terrain with under 39 thousands miles. The frame om my 2007 ford Escape was rusting away so time to make a switch while I could still get some trade in value.
Eddie did you pour concrete today or do more block work. If the colder temperatures would stick around you will be moving inside before to long.
Whopper Stopper glad you received an early Christmas present and things are settled with Pay-Pal. Happy you also have insurance on the new spearing shack. Your weather lately has been like mine up and down with the temperatures may it cool down so you can set the shack out.
Wallyworld how many containers of baked goods will be making the trip to MA. IF it stays cold in your area of NY. you and Mr.WW will be out fishing soon.
Hunts2long think there will be some people heading to GSL this weekend. Hopefully they remember ice safety practices.
Old Goat is your daughter home from college.  may you get out ice fishing by New Years day.
OldSailor better luck with the next lottery ticket drawing.
IceWanderer may your wife have gotten home safely and had a good visit with the radiation therapist yesterday.

Have a pleasant evening folks.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17991 on: Dec 19, 2019, 05:20 PM »
Evening All,
  Marv...that’s great news, what a relief that must finally be for you....congratulations!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...congratulation s on the new ride, now that’s a great Christmas present!!   :bow: :clap:  I hope it serves you well for many years to come!  :thumbsup:  We got to work this morning only to find that most of the heat blankets covering the area to be poured, had been blown off or opened up from the high winds...exposing the sub base to the single digit temps. We re-covered the area, but the damage was done, cancelled the pour, rescheduled for Monday.We had a short day, and were told to take tomorrow off as well due to weather...without pay of course.  We’re scheduled for inside terrazzo work the first of the year. Guess I’ll just have to go drill a few holes tomorrow!  :whistle:  ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17992 on: Dec 20, 2019, 02:48 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 0* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                           Marv...……. congratulations on your early Christmas present, I guess the guy decided not to buck the system and complied to pay pal. :clap:
                           Steve...…..Sounds like a nice ride you purchased, that was a good isea to get rid of the older car before it lost value. :flex:
                           I-45...……..I'm glad to read that you got the jeep back and running good. :thumbsup:
                            Eddie...…..Good luck if you get on the hard water. :flex: :bow:
                           I didn't get to post yesterday, I was a lot under the weather, Wednesday evening I started to get body aches and by the time I went
                  to bed I couldn't get warm enough. I had a rough night and spent yesterday trying to recuperating. I feel a little better today but now I'm a little
                  under the weather.
                           My wife's appointment went well yesterday with the radiologist, he is waiting for the results of one more test before starting the therapy. My
                  Wife just wants to get on with it. Thank you to all that sent well wishes for her.
                           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out drilling holes.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17993 on: Dec 20, 2019, 03:53 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  The winds aren’t blowing nearly as bad today, but still pretty steady out of NW at 10-15mph...7* here this am, high of 23 today.

Jeff...sorry to read you came down with the bug, hope you start feeling better today. Maybe a hot toddy or two might help with the chills and symptoms, best wishes sent to you. Glad everything went well for your wife yesterday, hope we hear good results from the test.  :thumbsup:
  H2...I saw one deer out yesterday on my way home, eating shrubs in someone’s backyard.  ;D.
  Wally...we actually have plenty of inside work that could have been done yesterday, today, tomorrow etc....there is a big crap storm brewing with some of the higher ups and unfortunately, our crew is getting stuck right in the middle again...power struggles, drama, just ridiculous...especiall y this close to Christmas. Hope they all find coal in their stockings!    :flex: ;D
  I-45... hope the guys at the dump gave you hand unloading yesterday. Glad to read the Jeep is running better after the tune up!   :thumbsup:

Have a few errands to run this morning, one of them just happens to be in the area of a bait shop I deal with from time to time.... ;D.  Going to grab some minnows and spikes and see if I can get on an afternoon bite at one of the local lakes. Friend of mine was on about 6” this past Sunday...3” of good ,3” white. Will be spudding around. 
  5 days until Santa comes....hope Everyone has been good this year!   Cawfee’s on gang.... ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17994 on: Dec 20, 2019, 05:32 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....congrats on the early Christmas present  :clap: :thumbsup:  you must have been on Santa's nice list  ;)2  think there's 7 or 8 containers standing ready for the ride Monday  :)

IW....sorry you're not feeling up to snuff  :(  take it easy today  ;)  glad yesterday's appointment went well for MrsIW  :clap:

OS.....hope MrsOS is doing ok  ;)

Eddie.....good luck  :icefish:  tread lightly  ;D  got to love being mixed up in politics  :whistle: :wacko: :blink: :cookoo:

WS.....funny how things USUALLY have a way of balancing themselves out in the end, glad things are finally settled  :thumbsup: ;)2 :clap:

Making some ice the past couple of days, not sure if it will be enough to last thru the coming warm up tho  :-\  will have to start checking some places after the new year  @)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17995 on: Dec 20, 2019, 06:25 AM »
1* degree this morning.

IW, hope you are able to get some rest today.

WS, good that the settlement came in. Don't spend it all in one place.

Eddie, enjoy the day off. Hope you find some good ice. Be Safe.

WW, I know guys around here will be pushing to get out on the ice. I am sure it made some ice but you wouldn't see me on it yet.

Ice-45, glad you have the Jeep back.

I think the wife is all shopped out, she said she is doing "nothing" today. I know I am not doing much, my left ankle started to bother me in the night. This morning I took an Alive, will see if that helps. Right now I couldn't even bowl on it. Hoping it is just the cold weather.

Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17996 on: Dec 20, 2019, 06:29 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

20 with a wind bite of 12. The big warm up starts today, and there is rain in the forecast.

I had every intention of getting the new house out today but it just doesn't make sense with 40 in the forecast for tomorrow and Sunday, all next week has highs in the 30's. Just dang depressing to put it mild (no pun intended ;D)

Eddie best of luck on the ice Sir! Hope you can get on some fish :thumbsup:

IW hope as the day goes on you kick the bug :thumbsup: We need you in good health as your ice season gets going :thumbsup:

WW hope you can find some decent ice. My Grandpa always said about the same thing with  things working themselves out. I am thinking about contacting the BBB just to be on record. If it just prevents one person from getting scammed by him it would be worth the time.

mr.clean Congratulations on the new ride :clap: :clap: Hope you find time to share some pictures.

Today is kind of split up with an 11am funeral. Not sure what I will be doing before and after.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17997 on: Dec 20, 2019, 08:21 AM »
Good morning blue sky and light winds currently temperature in the teens heading to a high of thirty. By Sunday we are back into the mid forties for high temperature. Pick up my present later this morning will have to dig out my digital camera up load it's soft ware and take some photos then attempt to post them here on I.S. for you folks to see the vehicle.
Eddie hope you do not have to remove the damaged concrete and start the project again for today just enjoy your time on the ice. Remember safety practices and gear may you catch some to bring home for a meal or two.
Ice Wanderer sorry you are under the weather may you get rid of the bug quickly and not pass it on to your wife. glad your wife had a good visit with the radiologist.
Wallyworld  thank you for the kind words the Escape is closing in on 94 thousand miles put from being out in the elements all the time frame is pretty rusted it was due for state inspection not sure it would pass without me having to drop a good amount of money into the vehicle. So figured it was time to update my ride.
Hunts2long try and stay off the ankle today hopefully it is a mild sprain or weather related and feels better tomorrow.
Whopper Stopper will be thinking of you and the family today. Funerals are always emotional during the Holiday season just adds to all the feelings inside everyone.
Icefisher-45 good to hear your Jeep is back and running good. Hope you got help unloading at the dump/transfer station. How was the dinner with your wife.

Have a good and safe Friday Best to all fishing remember to check the ice thickness and quality. Cold time of the year to go swimming.
Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17998 on: Dec 20, 2019, 08:24 AM »
Morning ER's! My wife and I would like to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes. She is sore and taking it easy and is under Dr. OS's watchful gaze!! She's about a step behind IW's wife in that she needs to sit down at the table with the doctors and decide on a course of action, radiation being very likely. Thank goodness we were just about done with Christmas prep and it's downhill from here. I hope all of you are getting ready for Christmas and that those who have ice are able to get out this weekend! Spud, spud, SPUD!!!!! We want you all back here next week!!! :flex: :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17999 on: Dec 20, 2019, 08:43 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Tried getting on this morning but kept getting unable to connect to server. My wife had a appointment today to get cardiac Echo. That was a quick appointment and the staff at the hospital were dressing up for the holidays.

Old Sailor, I’m glad your wife is taking it easy. Continuing prayers

Whopper Stopper, Congratulations on getting your money back. That is great news.

Hunts2long, I hope your ankle is feeling better and you were able to rest it.

WallyWorld, Wonder if there will be ice with all the warm weather next week.

Mason Eddie, That stinks your not able to work but hopefully you get to drill some holes. The guys at the transfer station were great. I put the bags on the ground and closed the rear hatch and the young guy next to me grabbed a bag and the transfer guy took 2. That was very nice of them.

Ice Wanderer, I hope your feeling better, continued prayers for your wife.

Mr Clean, Congratulations on the newer vehicle. Stinks when the frame is rotted out.

I hope everyone had a great day and has a great evening. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.