New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Stood on ice yesterday and caught Perch,Gills, And Crappies on Silver Lake  (Read 936 times)

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I was fishing on Silver yesterday with a friend caught 36 Perch from 8-12" with my ice rods while standing on the ice. My friend got 32. Well, actually I dumped some ice from the cooler and stood on it while fishing ;D. We caught a few nice Crappies and Gills also. I don't know where they go in the winter, but there is a good Perch population in the lake. Last Wednesday I came home with 43 Perch with nothing under 8" with 4 over 12". Hopefully I can find them this winter again.

surflizard

Way to improvise DS, I've been out mapping new structure in the Yak for this winter !

Offline Joes fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
 :roflmao: I was wondering where you would find ice to stand on wile fishing this time of year.

Joe
Lets go fishing

Offline ICE_MONKEY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Guess a trip to silver is in my future. Well either there or chautauqua. Some nice pech like that would be tasty right now

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Guess a trip to silver is in my future. Well either there or chautauqua. Some nice pech like that would be tasty right now

ICE MONKEY,

The perch are definatly hitting on Silver. I limited out on them again yesterday, 8-13". SE corner by Macks in 15-17' of water. Fatheads on ultralight tackle fished on the bottom. Again I was standing on ice [cubes] ;D.

Offline justfine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NOW THIS IS FUN!!!
that's great D.S picked up some 2 weeks back were they hide under the ice
HAPPINESS IS BLOOD ON THE ICE!!!!

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that's great D.S picked up some 2 weeks back were they hide under the ice

I wish I knew. There is a great Perch population in that lake. I do well in the summer with them. I think the big ones go south for the winter.

Offline ICE_MONKEY

• Team IceShanty Regular
ICE MONKEY,

The perch are definatly hitting on Silver. I limited out on them again yesterday, 8-13". SE corner by Macks in 15-17' of water. Fatheads on ultralight tackle fished on the bottom. Again I was standing on ice [cubes] ;D.
Thank you for the info. I seen a lot out by macks last winter but couldn't get them to bite.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice

I guess you didn' have too much luck w/the the tip ups? :laugh:

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
         I guess you didn' have too much luck w/the the tip ups? :laugh:

No, they keep sinking :(.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com