Author Topic: Sparrow Lake  (Read 1491 times)

Offline 1madcrappies

• IceShanty Rookie
Sparrow Lake
« on: Jan 19, 2012, 07:53 PM »
hi Would like to know if any buddy knows how to get on the ice on Sparrow Lake and a place to park and best place to get crappies out the ice on the lake and how deep should I be looking for pz an thk you

Offline rdambros

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Sparrow Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2012, 11:40 AM »
Did you ever end up going to Sparrow Lake? If so, where did you park and how did you do?

Offline 1madcrappies

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2012, 02:13 PM »
I was so happy that I seen 1 new message about sparrow but it was the same question I ask . Sorry but I can't help you out but It seem no1 can and if there is some 1 out there that can pz an thank you  ;)

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2012, 02:51 PM »
looks like you're going to have to go scouting
Tight lines

Offline rdambros

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2012, 10:33 PM »
I went out on Saturday. We parked at a public spot near Silver Pines Resort. You go into the northern part of the lake and follow Kilworthy to the first driveway past Silver Pines Resort. There is a public parking spot and a public launch for boats.

I also called a few outfitters. I found out the Walleyeman is no longer putting huts on the lake. There are a few outfitters. Silver Pines rents huts. On the south side there is an outfitter called Sumach and Redline Outfitters. There phone numbers can be easily had with a Google search. I spoke to all of them and they all had some useful information. I can't tell you if there are any other spots to park, as I only went to the one.

NOW, for the bad news. GOT SKUNKED. We didn't even smell a fish. We had sonar and underwater and saw nothing. We tried 10 ft flats ... Nothing. then, we went to 20 ft channels .. Nothing. then we looked to the 30 ft basins ... Nothing. And finally, went close to the river mouths (please read in that we were very, very careful and tested the ice every 20 feet, which dropped from 12 inches of ice to 5 inches) and again nothing.

I should have known. Each outfitter I called said "We're cathing a few ... A lady caught a 7 pounder yesterday .." That's outfitter talk for, "there is no fish!".

Anyways, if you go try the southern shores near Port Stranton.

Cheers.

Offline 1madcrappies

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2012, 05:51 PM »
Thanks for the info but hearing what you went though I think I'm gonna pass .but if there any buddy that know a good place to fish in sparrow pz let us know

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.