Montana > Ice Fishing Montana

Fishing ethic question.

(1/5) > >>

mtjohn:
Hey all, long time member that hasn't been out on the ice much the last 5-6 years, but I have a question about how close is too close when setting up these days. We were out fishing this morning and some random guys showed up and started drilling holes 20 yards from where we were set up. They said they had that spot marked on GPS, but there was a whole lake with no structure anywhere, just a big mud flat. We just minded our own business and went about our day, but why crowd in on someone like that? I can't say I've ever experienced anything like it in the past.
Mt

FM67:
Personally I’d have not done that to you. I typically stay away from anywhere guys are. Imo it’s nonsense they did that. No reason they couldn’t give you some room even if it was gps. The gps being logged in some machine doesn’t mean the spot was theirs just cause they own coordinance to it. Unbelievable how guys think. I’d have drilled holes so close they’d overlap theirs. They can’t respect you so why respect them.  There’s a reason I stay away from others.

PerchMan45:
Definitely gets on my nerves when someone drills right next to me. I don’t ever say anything, I usually just move if the fish aren’t hitting in that spot.

I try to keep a big distance between myself and others no matter what, I don’t care if someone is right next to my favorite spot. They don’t deserve to be encroached upon either.

meandcuznalfy:
Yea, that's too close, coordinates or not, some people just have no respect anymore.

HWeber:
Too many variables to give a number. Also depends on how they go about it. If they were nice about it and asked they can setup   10 ft from me

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version