Montana > Ice Fishing Montana

Some people are clueless!

(1/25) > >>

oldschoolben:
Went out fishing today and came across where someone had been fishing, they left old bait containers, and cigarette butts everywhere , and chew as well, it really pisses me off to be honest!!!  I'm sure whoever was there won't read this  ,but just wanted to vent,

JBDekes:
Unfortunately this happens an UNBELIEVABLE  amount everywhere you go. Really sad they don't think of the impact this makes on ALL the areas, water or woods.

I always say as conservationists, we are our worst enemy.

PerchPounderMT:

--- Quote from: oldschoolben on Jan 09, 2022, 07:58 PM ---Went out fishing today and came across where someone had been fishing, they left old bait containers, and cigarette butts everywhere , and chew as well, it really pisses me off to be honest!!!  I'm sure whoever was there won't read this  ,but just wanted to vent,

--- End quote ---
Saw a fishing vid the other day where this old pos was flipping his butts in the lake...everyone was defending him because he was old.....these guys are the reason you cant go anywhere without seeing beer cans,cig butts and other garbage in the woods.Same goes for all thier perch skins ect,if you have to leave it out there put it down a hole when you leave.

MT_BINX:

--- Quote from: Snitch#8 on Jan 10, 2022, 08:46 AM ---  I've been a hunter and fisherman for over fifty years now.  I truely believe that "EVERYONE" has the right to their opinion, especially on a website designed to iniate conversation.  Even though I believe that it is your right, I have to say that in this case you are wrong!  Encouraging litters to put their trash down the hole is not a good thing.  Obviously, it wouldn't be around for others to see, but it will still be poluting the water.  And, if I can't see what you are leaving behind, I can't do my part to help keep the water clean!  I do agree that the ice would look better, but doing what you said is actually worse then leaving the trash on the ice.  There is no chance of someone disposing of it properly if a plastic worm container is laying at the bottom of a lake.  Just saying.

--- End quote ---

I agree....shoving it down the hole is like sweeping it under the rug....if your that lazy stay home and shove it under your own lazy boy chair and complain all about how the internet has killed the sport.

wirehairman:

--- Quote from: Snitch#8 on Jan 10, 2022, 08:46 AM ---  I've been a hunter and fisherman for over fifty years now.  I truely believe that "EVERYONE" has the right to their opinion, especially on a website designed to iniate conversation.  Even though I believe that it is your right, I have to say that in this case you are wrong!  Encouraging litters to put their trash down the hole is not a good thing.  Obviously, it wouldn't be around for others to see, but it will still be poluting the water.  And, if I can't see what you are leaving behind, I can't do my part to help keep the water clean!  I do agree that the ice would look better, but doing what you said is actually worse then leaving the trash on the ice.  There is no chance of someone disposing of it properly if a plastic worm container is laying at the bottom of a lake.  Just saying.

--- End quote ---

I believe PerchPounder was just referring to putting perch skins or any other leftovers from cleaning fish down the hole versus leaving it on the ice but could be wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version