Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Trout

Trout

(1/2) > >>

Fishinut:
What depth do trout feed at? Close to the ice, near the bottom, or suspended? PLEAAASE help. thanks :)  :'(

Flash_King:
Check the varing posts plus the achives and you most likely find all the info you need to catch the noblest fish that swims under the ice(sic)

BushMaster:
When you say Trout I assume you are talking about stream trout in lakes? I can tell you this much, in Minnesota we have a great deal of lakes that have been stocked with Rainbows, Brown's and even Brookies. I have found that these fish tend to be cruisers. I have caught them near the bottom and just below the ice. I have developed a startegy of fishing on top of weed beds that top out about 12 to 4 feet below the ice. This tends to funnel the fish into a small area. They like cruising the weed beds looking for feed. In Minnesota we can use two lines. I like to set one up with a small minnow and bobber rig. The other line I use Euro larvae on an ice fly. I have taken six pound Rainbows on these rigs.

Hard_H2O:
When fishing for lake trout it is just like BushMaster wrote. They can be anywhere in the water column. Electronics are key to locating the depth they are at. They tend, like many fish in the winter, to key to the bottom but they also feed on baitfish that can at any depth.

Fishinut:
Thanks - i just bought a depth/fish finder. that should help. good luck this season :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version