Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Crappies

Chumming?

<< < (2/2)

ice dawg:
I have mixed baitmate with oatmeal which sinks slowly as mentioned. I really can't say it made a noticable difference. When fishing a small river I have suspended a can of puss n boots cat food which I poked full of holes fairly close to the bottom of the river. The fish oil from the cat food seems to attract crappie probably due to the current.

Unclegillhunter:

--- Quote from: lynng on Dec 26, 2019, 07:10 AM ---Be sure and check your State’s Regs. In Maine chumming is illegal.

--- End quote ---
I was going to mention this. I don’t chum so I have never checked on the related regs here in Nebraska.
I have! JDL

Gunflint:

--- Quote from: Unclegillhunter on Dec 27, 2019, 03:52 PM --- I was going to mention this. I don’t chum so I have never checked on the related regs here in Nebraska.
I have! JDL

--- End quote ---

Illegal in Minnesota too.

Agronomist_at_IA:
I just get a small container of crappie nibbles.....throw a couple down the hole to get some scent going. Don't get the eagle claw version though.....they float. The berkley ones sink.

DR.SPECKLER:
I dont deliberately chum but my minnows get chucked in the hole along with spikes when i change bait.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version