Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Lake Trout

Lake Trout Eaters

<< < (2/3) > >>

Brochet:
I've found that smaller lakers taste better.  I'll put lakers over 5 lbs back because trial-and-error has shown that they won't taste so good.  Weight seems to affect taste more than length - a long skinny one testes better than a short fat one.  Going by length, anywhere between 20 and 25 inches long seems to be the best flavor and big enough to be worth keeping.

Seamonkey84:
This is a small pile I made last year, I still haven’t gotten out yet this year.

kpd145:

--- Quote from: Brochet on Jan 20, 2022, 06:09 PM ---I've found that smaller lakers taste better.  I'll put lakers over 5 lbs back because trial-and-error has shown that they won't taste so good.  Weight seems to affect taste more than length - a long skinny one testes better than a short fat one.  Going by length, anywhere between 20 and 25 inches long seems to be the best flavor and big enough to be worth keeping.

--- End quote ---

This, I really don't eat a lot of lake trout but the smaller ones definitely are better IMO.

ira-akrfc:
Most of the lakers I catch come out of Lake George. Minimum length is 23" and you can only keep 2. If I get a BIG one, 27" plus, I take I quick pictures and send him back to make more.

bootstrap:
tons of them here in champlain. all mine go back down the hole unless i know someone thatt wants them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version