Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Dressing for ice fishing

Heated Gear - Whatcha Using?

(1/3) > >>

52isntbigenough:
Anybody running heated/battery gear? I'm a big Milwaukee guy and have been using their Jacket, hoodie and vest with the M12 battery. Love it so far. Just ordered a pair of their gaunlet gloves wich used their Red Lithium rechargeable batteries and am curios how they'll work on the ATV.

jbird68:
I've been seeing a lot of ads for heated insoles,  heated vests and heated gloves. I'm just wondering how people who have them feel about them. My hands always get cold. I wear a nice pair of leather mittens and just throw a hand warmer packet inside. But if really be interested in the heated gloves to keep my fingers warm.

Unclegillhunter:
Last two years my hands have been getting really painful in the cold. bought a pair of battery powered gloves. Think like $40.00 not very bulky. use them for quick warm ups. use mittens with a warmer pack going out and back.
Keep it safe! JDL

rdhammah:

--- Quote from: Unclegillhunter on Nov 04, 2019, 05:40 AM ---Last two years my hands have been getting really painful in the cold. bought a pair of battery powered gloves. Think like $40.00 not very bulky. use them for quick warm ups. use mittens with a warmer pack going out and back.
Keep it safe! JDL

--- End quote ---
how are the gloves as far as putting back on when your hands are wet/damp after taking a fish off or rebaiting a shiner?

jethro:
I have ridden motorcycles for over 25 years with heated gear. What Milwaukee missed the boat on is the most important feature of any heated clothing. It needs to have heat around the neck. The neck, with it's caryatid arteries is where the highest volume of blood comes the closest to the surface of the skin. When you heat that blood efficiently, your hands will be warmer, your feet will be warmer, it's really amazing. When I first made the jump to heated gear I got a vest, pants and gloves. The vest had incredible heating in the neck. I found that I did not need the gloves or pants at all. I can keep wearing my summer gear and gloves way later into the season which is huge.

The other thing is that to be really efficient, you need the heated gear to fit quite tight, tighter than I'd ever want recreational clothing to be. But for ice fishing I would thin heated gloves make a lot of sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version