Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Trout

GREEN light for Laker night fishing?

<< < (2/4) > >>

RuttNutt:
Thanks for the reply Steve. I think the guy that was using the green light on FB was specifically targeting Lakers. So maybe results with rainbows or browns are not as good?

FG Steve:

--- Quote from: RuttNutt on Dec 01, 2017, 11:10 AM ---Thanks for the reply Steve. I think the guy that was using the green light on FB was specifically targeting Lakers. So maybe results with rainbows or browns are not as good?

--- End quote ---

Right.  Who knows?  I saw the Laker-specific info but the question of "used one or seen it used" led me to reply.  I wonder if there are any scientific studies about that.  My buddy likes to night fish for (non-Laker) trout under very-bright white lights and claims to have had some good success.

Lots of the videos they show for these things are targeting "speckled trout" in salt water.  Something else entirely.

RuttNutt:
OK- thanks Steve.  I never target trout at night. Maybe I should try it sometime.............. ..............especial ly now that I have the Milwaukee Cordless Searchlight!  ;)

jerryfishing:
We use underwater lights when open water fish. Light brings in plankton. Plankton attract baitfish (shad for us here) Sometimes takes hours, but eventually (not always) gamefish show up. Crappie like like the light, while trout in shallow water get spooked. Fishing for lake trout is often in deep water where light would never reach. Nowadays most underwater lights are LED so they don't use nearly as much power and are brighter. Making them a great choice for lighting up your shanty. Rule of thumb that I use is:: if I can see can fish;  then fish can see me. Every move. Every shadow. Good example is like when you move up to a bank with trout in shallow water, they spook. Hope info was helpful. Good luck and tightlines!

RuttNutt:
Well, I wasn’t looking for it, but found a smaller Quarro light today at Dunham’s. I took it as a sign, and bought it! Hope to try it soon! 😎

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version