The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wisconsin temps.  (Read 4431 times)

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
Re: Wisconsin temps.
« Reply #60 on: Dec 22, 2012, 09:47 AM »
She made ice last night, we got down to minus -2 and it is +5 right now at 9:45am  After a few chores today I will be heading out on the ice.

Offline Watertooner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Dec 22, 2012, 09:47 AM »
Lakes in Jefferson and Dodge County had no ice prior to the blizzard called Draco. That worked out well since we got dumped on with over 12" of blowing snow on Dec. 20. Last night the temps went down to 4 degrees with no wind so the small lakes froze completely over in one night. No new snow or wind in the forecast for the next 10 days along with temps below freezing both day and night - that means good ice is growing itself hour by hour - not the crappy kind we got last year when we got a bunch of slush on top of thin ice. I might even be able to get out on a decent sized lake over the holidays.

Offline Michaelo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Dec 22, 2012, 05:55 PM »
Went and fished the Chetek Chain today and their was 5-6 inches of ice with wheelers everywhere.

Offline NorthWoods Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work!
« Reply #63 on: Dec 22, 2012, 08:10 PM »
I got out today in Oconto Falls. Ice was junky but we got a few pike!!! No vehicles out on it yet! About 2 in of GOOD ice with about 3-4 in of JUNK on top. Some water pockets in places between the layers. NOT IDEAL but fishable!

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #64 on: Dec 25, 2012, 11:09 AM »
It's been cold had minus -9 yesterday night and minus -4 last night, most big lakes got about 5-6 inches ice now. Thank god for buddy heaters and flip overs. I got my snowmobile out yesterday the lakes are good enough now so I shouldn't have to walk out anymore, now I can get to my far away spots.

Offline eyesonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Dec 25, 2012, 06:01 PM »
I live between 2 lakes and everytime I go outside with the dogd you can just hear the ice being made. Gotta love that sound. :tipup:
FLLLLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTCHA;

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #66 on: Dec 26, 2012, 08:47 AM »
Minus -9 last night still minus -3 right now. Just what the doctor ordered. I have another 4 day weekend coming up for new years. There is a good 5-6 inches now on the big deep lakes.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #67 on: Dec 27, 2012, 10:54 AM »
It has been below zero now every night here (Hayward area) for 6 straight nights. I haven't been out since Monday but there was 5 inches where I was at on a 250 acre lake with max depth 45 feet. I'm thinking by now there should be a good 7 inches.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #68 on: Dec 29, 2012, 08:11 PM »
If I post this on the general board everyone out east will get jealous.
I might not fish Monday evening.
Forecast Monday Night Hayward
Partly cloudy. Fog overnight. Low of -24F with a windchill as low as -40F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 10 mph.

btw I measured 7" of ice tonight on big LCO sawyer co. in 30 feet of water, snowmobile trails are staked and snowmobiles and wheelers running all over the 5,000 acre lake. My friend drove his pick up truck on the lake north of hayward said they had 13" of ice already.

Update : well they must have screwed up now they changed it to -13 and wind chill - 24. I can handle up to about minus -15 inside my flip over with a buddy heater but setting up tip up's is very painful.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.