Author Topic: PVC !!! Show us your PVC, Build, add-on, rod holders, ETC. Any with PVC pipe!  (Read 263161 times)

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Dan ... Not even some of the photos on this thread show to you??
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=136832.0

Keep me posted.. Looks like I have  a lot more reading to do to see what has changed since I was inhere last...LOL

AltaIce 

@)

Some of them show up, thanks for sharing the link!

Offline dangle

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice scratcher, thanks for the ice auger cover. I made one and it works great.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Back to it...

<°)))>{

Hey Scratcher,
  Excellent idea and great build.  Slip it on and slip it off, fast and easy while protecting the blade from cutting everything in your sled while keeping the edge sharp.
  All the best in the New Year.  Thanks for sharing.

Take Care,

AltaIce
      @)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine

Hi Dan,

Really you can't see past photos of the older threads at all??

AltaIce

@)
. Nope me either. Photos you sent in previous thread says. "image removed from quote". If you post a photo from Photobucket the delete it or let your account drop then photos are no longer available ever. You would think they would stay where you post them but they don't. It's a bummer for sure

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac

[/quote]

Catch many mice like that???  ;D :)
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
haha nope, did catch a nice brook trout with that set up last season
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat

Hey Scratcher,
  Excellent idea and great build.  Slip it on and slip it off, fast and easy while protecting the blade from cutting everything in your sled while keeping the edge sharp.
  All the best in the New Year.  Thanks for sharing.

Take Care,

AltaIce

Very good idea, I'll be making one of those as a spare. 
      @)

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey guys, thanks, glad you like the Mora cover...

Remember to put drain holes on the bottom of the ends, so it can't hold water, no matter the position.

<°)))>{

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
haha nope, did catch a nice brook trout with that set up last season

So, how does it work?

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline 1750outfiterss

• Team IceShanty Regular

"The Transporter" :clap: :clap: ICE Is Back  :bow: :bow:
Aquatic Species Relocation Engineer 
I only fish twice a week
Once for 3 and
once for four

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Not mine---downloaded from the web!

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
wish we could recover all he old photos - damn photobucket!

Offline MinnesotaPike

• IceShanty Rookie
What size PVC did you use Ice Scratcher for that Mora cover? I lost my cover and my homemade replacements have not held up well. I'm sick of paying the $10-15 for the horrible replacement cover that instantly breaks or falls off.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
On another thread I have a pic of a plastic pail with a bungee. I use that instead of the little red cover that comes with the Mora. With the red cover your fingers come quite close to the blades, risking a cut as happened to my friend.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What size PVC did you use Ice Scratcher for that Mora cover? I lost my cover and my homemade replacements have not held up well. I'm sick of paying the $10-15 for the horrible replacement cover that instantly breaks or falls off.

I think it's 1.5" , its not with me at the moment...

<°)))>{

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Mod for my Jet Sled Jr. Tip down rods on the back, jigging rods on the sides, gaf and slush scoop holders, and an auger mount with spring grips to hold the handle. All PVC with stainless hardware except for the 2 spring grips (only because I couldn't find them in SS).  Also made a few homemade Automatic Fishermen out of PVC board and all stainless hardware (even the trigger assembly). Only the removable rod holders are plain steel (again, couldn't find them in SS)

The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
(Image removed from quote.)
Here's some mods i did to my sled last winter. The end rod holders can be at a slant as is or can be turned to be straight up. Such fun doing mods.

Similar to this except I attached several pieces 5" in length to a 5 Gal. bucket. Didn't use the clamps to attach but used 2 #8 3/4 in. bolts instead. Sorry, no pics. 
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Rough winter all.. Hip is way better thanks...

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Glad to see the pics back on this thread. I have to review this for the next project...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Online cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Just checked back into this thread.  Read Barts comment about the pictures being loaded back, and now I have plenty of ideas for the rest of the summer. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Just checked back into this thread.  Read Barts comment about the pictures being loaded back, and now I have plenty of ideas for the rest of the summer.

This  is one of the few threads i activated "notify" because at some point i will find the time to enhance the jet sled with a rack of some sort...

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Glad to see the pics back on this thread. I have to review this for the next project...

Good day old friend. Yes, nice to see the photos are back indeed. Hope your having an excellent summer and you and yours are all doing well. I also see that they it looks like they made it easier to post photos, which is important to an old guy like me...LMAO.
 Looking forward to your new photos and summer builds.
Take care and be safe...

AltaIce
                   @)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
This  is one of the few threads i activated "notify" because at some point i will find the time to enhance the jet sled with a rack of some sort...

Hi "ActiveTrapChecker!" Good Day  :)!  That sounds great, we hope you find some time, (I know it's tricky to find the needed extra time to work on builds) we look forward to seeing your add ons to your Jet Sled. 

Have an excellent day, take care.

AltaIce
                   @)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta

Hi Bart...  Can't wait to see your next Project!  A little while ago I found an Old Baby Stroller that someone had thrown away. I figured since the wheels and frame looked ok, I would try to reuse it as a method to haul around my Tackle box, fishing rods and a small amount of other stuff I don't want to carry for any distance to that next great fishing spot. So in the future I hope to reuse and rebuild it...
  This is what it looked like when I found it and what it looks like for now... 
  Only time will tell what it turns into... LOL.

Old Used Baby Stroller Pic 1. Before The Rebuild.

Old Used Baby Stroller Pic 2. Before The Rebuild.

Old Used Baby Stroller Pic 3. On The Operating Table. The Rebuild Begins...

Old Used Baby Stroller Pic 4. Starting The Strip Down.

Old Used Baby Stroller Pic 5.  Bare-Cleaned And Ready To Start The Rebuild.

Old Used Baby Stroller Pic 6. Just Playing With Ideas..   Nothing Set In Stone As Of Yet.. LOL.

Time will tell how it turns out...

AltaIce
                     @)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
No pics but I just finished putting an extension on the handle of my Vex with a rod holder on each side all using PVC...no more bending over to pick it up. Also going to put an extension on the handle of my skimmer ( non-PVC) attached to a retractable key ring ,again, no bending over.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
No pics but I just finished putting an extension on the handle of my Vex with a rod holder on each side all using PVC...no more bending over to pick it up. Also going to put an extension on the handle of my skimmer ( non-PVC) attached to a retractable key ring ,again, no bending over.

Hi "Iceassin."  Hope all is going well.  The new PVC handle you attached to your Vex as well as rod holder, sounds like it fills its purpose. I understand when you say you made it so you won't have to bend down as much or as far. The older I get, the more I work on items just like that. Making everything higher off the ground... LOL.  Look forward to your photos.
Have an excellent day.

AltaIce
                   @)

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
cmon iceasassin, lets see a pic of that mod to the vex.  the older I get the farther away the ice is as well.....but you have my mind spinning on that one.  I really like the auger 'cover', im def going to do that.  Thanks for the ideas guys.  Keep em coming.....

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
No more bending over for this ol' boy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.