Author Topic: Who makes boots in a wider size?  (Read 2370 times)

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
Who makes boots in a wider size?
« on: Dec 19, 2018, 08:02 AM »
Who makes winter boots in a wider size?  It seems that all of them come in a one size fits all narrow width that is said to be some sort of 'medium'.

Who makes warm boots and provides a wider-sized option?

FISHFORPIKE

Re: Who makes boots in a wider size?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2018, 08:04 AM »
What's your price range?

Offline burgerunh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2018, 08:14 AM »
Keen makes a nice workboot that come in a EE wide width.

Timberland does as well.

Offline darkeyez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2018, 09:04 AM »
I wear 4E New Balance sneakers, most EE (W) shoes/boots are way too tight. If you can't find something that fits look into Mickey Mouse boots, the R fits me well with a heavy sock and the W is really wide!

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2018, 09:54 AM »
What's your price range?

Warm.  Warm and wide with a proper fit.  Price is secondary.

I want something that I can walk in and wear while sitting in a portable shanty all day with my feet on the ice.  If I can find a slip-on boot for climbing into my treestand as well, that's a bonus.  I don't like to save money up front and not get what I really need.  For me, I've found that buying things based on best price only more often than not usually means buying things two or three times and being miserable until I get it right.  Conversely, I've also found that buying things just because they're the most expensive doesn 't necessarily work, either, and can be quite a waste.  I like to focus on buying things once based on quality so that I can use them for years.

I see  a lot of love here for Baffin boots, but I won't pull the trigger unless I can get a pair that's wide enough yet don't slop around when I walk.  I know that my toes need a little room to stay warm.

Online 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2019, 04:27 PM »
Keen Summit County boots run wide. My running shoes are size 14EEEE. Keen size 14 medium wide fit me. LaCrosse has some that fit but they fall apart much faster than the Keens.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2019, 06:51 PM »
i'm in michigan and have extra pairs of unused micky's in 11 wide made by bata i can put up on the for sale board if you want them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.