Author Topic: Fingerless gloves  (Read 3551 times)

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
Fingerless gloves
« on: Oct 20, 2018, 09:31 PM »
I am a big fan of fingerless gloves and now that it is getting a bit nippy again... I have been digging up my different pairs. I have found over the years that Windproof Fleece works the best and last the longest. I have a pair (my first) from Orvis that are about 20 years old and they look it... I also have a pair of Simms and they are great. The problem with both of those gloves is the price, upwards of $50, worth it to keep my hands warm, but like all gloves, to easy to lose... Well I just got a pair of Glacier Glove Windproof Fleece Fingerless Glove and they look really good, but best of all I got them from the Giant retailer with prime shipping for under $15. I am ordering more now that I have gotten a look at them... As friends that fish with me can attest, I always carry an extra pair for them!

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict

Offline mcflyfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fingerless gloves
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2018, 06:52 AM »
My simms glomits are not warm enough for ice fishing.   They don't work well for winter steelhead, but are nice for spring and fall.  There is just no way to trap enough warm air in fabric that thin.

Offline SkiSoloII

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2018, 08:23 AM »
I wear these, prefer them over ragg wool.
www.basspro.com/shop/en/white-river-fly-shop-fingerless-fleece-gloves?searchTerm=fingerless%20fleece%20gloves

++1  I've got a few pair. Get them wet, you still don't freeze.
Dave

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2018, 06:10 PM »
I wear these, prefer them over ragg wool.
www.basspro.com/shop/en/white-river-fly-shop-fingerless-fleece-gloves?searchTerm=fingerless%20fleece%20gloves

I have had ones like that before, but without the windproof fleece, they are not warm enough...

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2018, 03:23 PM »
I had the simms wool fingerless gloves and loved them, prob was they shrunk overtime I might buy another pair but found a substitute from Filson I like them a lot, was also looking at the ones made from buffalo wool but not sure they are worth 100 dollars, the regular filsons seem well made though.

https://www.filson.com/bison-fingerless-gloves.html#
Salmonemia

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
jbird68

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2019, 05:38 PM »
I got a pair of cheapo from wallyworld and still using it after all these years.  It's one of those fleece that is water proof.  So fleece comfort is fine, but breathability is on the low end.  tough enough that it resists hook points.

It's fine as long as I don't get it wet or I don't sweat all clammy.

I got a pair of more comfy Manzella brand but they're are not wind proof nor water proof.  Comfort is awesome but that's about it.  Very easy to bury a hook point into material though.
For more information read my MN nice journal

CowDawg

« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2019, 09:38 PM »
I've been using the wool fingerless gloves from the Army/Navy store..  I find them to be warm and very cheap in price too...
All WOOL....    To be precise, "Keefer's Army/Navy"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.