Author Topic: Plano Ice Rod Transport Case  (Read 718 times)

Offline On The Lam

• IceShanty Rookie
Plano Ice Rod Transport Case
« on: Feb 15, 2023, 01:26 PM »
Not to hijack the "Best Rod Case" thread, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the new-ish Plano Ice Rod Transport case?  Looks to be a bit of a hybrid between a hard case and and a soft-side bag.  Hard to find reviews on it, and I don't have it locally to go and check out.  Specifically, I'm wondering if it will fit 32-36" rods and if you need to fold down your spinning reel handles to get it to close...being softer it almost looks like it has a tad of expansion capabilities near the zipper.  I have both hard and soft cases and both have advantages/disadvantages.  I'm wondering if this could be the elusive unicorn, at least for me.  Thanks.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/plano-ice-rod-transport-case

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Plano Ice Rod Transport Case
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2023, 07:36 AM »
measurements - 39" long so it should fit your rods. 3.5" deep. Taking into consideration that there is foam cushion, yes, you would have to fold in the handles. Even with no foam, you'd probably have to fold them in.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2023, 09:11 AM »
Looks similar to the Scheels stealth case, like you mentioned a hybrid of hard and soft... I use this one to hold my JackTraps and it works great for that, I can't speak for the plano but I wouldn't try to carry assembled rod and reel combos in the Scheels case, maybe with folded handles but I still think it would put to much pressure on the reels especially the bails and the plano looks to be similar thickness if not a little less...

https://www.scheels.com/p/scheels-outfitters-stealth-38-ice-case/72388895274.html?store=&src=hardlines&gclid=Cj0KCQiAxbefBhDfARIsAL4XLRppEPhbeNivW4RBCz5kREGZYstDW6V4GOprG9VGP_uJ5ySD93EranIaAg98EALw_wcB
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Flatrocker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2023, 09:35 AM »
Looks similar to my older Otter case 

Offline On The Lam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2023, 01:38 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, fellas.  I didn't really need it and passed on it in favor of one of the Amped 12ah batteries for $60 shipped (see other thread).  I guess I didn't need that either...lol.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.