Author Topic: Snow dog  (Read 6002 times)

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Snow dog
« Reply #60 on: Jan 19, 2023, 02:14 PM »
When they make an electric one, I will probably buy it.

Okaley Dokaley Here ya go

https://sniejik.com/shop/snowdog/

out of Russia but looks to be what you are asking for. I seen another one in a video, think it was a French Guy but couldn't locate it again.
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 19, 2023, 07:28 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/MaxxHaul-70275-Aluminum-Carrier-Folding/dp/B008CE0O8Y/ref=dp_fod_2?pd_rd_w=mWOo8&content-id=amzn1.sym.d4cdfb0a-d4b4-4f0b-8c51-55838af3328a&pf_rd_p=d4cdfb0a-d4b4-4f0b-8c51-55838af3328a&pf_rd_r=KMVZYDP5VHV136Z17ECY&pd_rd_wg=ZIJq5&pd_rd_r=71a353cd-865b-44e8-9883-1cf06364ad45&pd_rd_i=B008CE0O8Y&psc=1

this is the Hitch Hauler I went with. It rattled a bunch so I took it to a welding shop and they took the folding part off and just made it a straight bar hitch mount. It still wobbles a bit back there, especially on rough roads etc. Have Hauled it with no major problems and probably put better than 1000 miles on hitch hauler so far. This is one of the larger haulers you will find and you need one at least this big or the dog won't fit.

Good to know the one I got is 60”  long so the dog should fit!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #62 on: Jan 19, 2023, 07:36 PM »
Skipping the snow dog.  Almost enough in the piggy bank for a snobear...almost pulled the trigger on a use one last year.  Ultimate ice machine.  Doesnt help works corporate office is in Minnesota...we think we ice fish hahah.

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #63 on: Jan 19, 2023, 09:15 PM »

The low end is 12.5 miles range, which would work for me. I just don't know about buying from Russia at the moment...

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
« Reply #64 on: Jan 19, 2023, 11:34 PM »
I hope that a nice aftermarket develops for these machines in the coming years. Trailers suck and getting heavy machines out of slush sucks too.

Offline Steamtrain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 21, 2023, 07:10 AM »
Congratulations! Snowdogs look fun and very useful for ice fishing.

Are they allowed on snowmobile trails in NH?

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #66 on: Jan 21, 2023, 07:34 AM »
You guys should look up tracsled builds on YouTube. There easy to make if your handy.Snow Dog is a manufacturers brand name..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #67 on: Jan 21, 2023, 09:23 AM »
You guys should look up tracsled builds on YouTube. There easy to make if your handy.Snow Dog is a manufacturers brand name..

Two friends did that.  Nice builds and didnt spend 3k.

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 22, 2023, 10:21 PM »
Skipping the snow dog.  Almost enough in the piggy bank for a snobear...almost pulled the trigger on a use one last year.  Ultimate ice machine.  Doesnt help works corporate office is in Minnesota...we think we ice fish hahah.

Snobear’s are pretty sweet. I’d imagine fairly heavy though? Probably need the same amount of ice as a truck?
Tight Lines!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Jan 23, 2023, 08:24 AM »

Snobear’s are pretty sweet. I’d imagine fairly heavy though? Probably need the same amount of ice as a truck?

I agree! These things will probably never make a huge splash (pun intended) around New England…and you still have the trailering off loading and on loading to each outing. What we need is a road-drivable ice machine that can simply drive on and off the lake then drive home…someone will invent one some day…😊

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #70 on: Jan 23, 2023, 09:44 AM »
Pretty cool. I'd like to see one up close.

Congrats!

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Jan 23, 2023, 12:29 PM »
Out in the Midwest there are some guys using these fiberglass hovercraft boats mainly to fish rivers to get to setbacks where the ice is thick enough. Pretty cool idea, I’ll try and find a link
Tight Lines!

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 23, 2023, 12:39 PM »
Pretty cool. I'd like to see one up close.

Congrats!

Thanks jiggin! I’m sure you’ll see me out there at some point this year with it

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Jan 23, 2023, 12:41 PM »
Out in the Midwest there are some guys using these fiberglass hovercraft boats mainly to fish rivers to get to setbacks where the ice is thick enough. Pretty cool idea, I’ll try and find a link

That’s awesome lol guess they have thought of everything

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #74 on: Jan 23, 2023, 01:07 PM »
I have seen them use airboats (big fan on the back) in videos for the same thing...

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #75 on: Jan 24, 2023, 06:11 AM »

No, the weight is spread out by the tracks really well.  Its a bread box with hyundia motor.  Less than 3000 pounds I think.  3-4" is ok.  They float.  Next year!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Jan 24, 2023, 11:17 AM »

out of Russia but looks to be what you are asking for. I seen another one in a video, think it was a French Guy but couldn't locate it again.

Yep, I've seen that one!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Jan 29, 2023, 06:26 PM »
Update on the snow dog, finally got out on some good snow to put it to the test, took it on a trail and then up on some terrain. Didn’t really have any issues with the deep snow only when coming to a complete stop did it struggle to build up speed but was impressed with what it will power through overall. On trails didn’t have an issue with turning but in deeper snow in terrain turning is a bit of a pain unless you’re going at a higher speed and it’s pretty easy to tip over. I’m sure I’ll get use to the way it handles but don’t think this will be an ideal machine for taking a deer out. Saw people out on winni and newfound with sleds but still not willing to take it out on the ice just yet. Overall happy  with the machine, going to be perfect for the way I want to fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.